Sign in to follow this  
ChiFire

Comic books and Superheroes

OK that movie looks good

I just rewatched Hulk tonight on SciFi and re-remembered (that cant be a real world) why I hated it so much, not treally the story or anything, but the way it was filmed with panels and stuff, the story was OK, I hope the Incredible Hulk wont be filmed that way

oh BTW from the trailer on TV of the Video Game I guess Iron Man is in the Incredible Hulk

Was Hancock a comic book before the movie? I never heard of it until I saw the trailer.

OK that movie looks good

I just rewatched Hulk tonight on SciFi and re-remembered (that cant be a real world) why I hated it so much, not treally the story or anything, but the way it was filmed with panels and stuff, the story was OK, I hope the Incredible Hulk wont be filmed that way

oh BTW from the trailer on TV of the Video Game I guess Iron Man is in the Incredible Hulk

The new movie is 100x better than the first. They completely got rid of the comic panels and it plays like a regular movie. It has some of the best action scenes I have ever seen in a movie and way better villains than on the first movie. The Abomination is awesome and they just have the entire right for the roles. What I like a lot is that this Hulk is angry! Looking way more angry than he did on the 2003 movie, almost scary angry. I loved it. This Hulk isn't afraid to kill people, and does kill some people.

Tony Stark is on the movie, but literally like the last minute

I've seen the Trailer and with the Abomination in it I think the street fight scene will be immense. I wish they would do something like they did in the movies. Trial of the incredible Hulk and the Return of the incredible hulk. where Hulk Teamed up with Thor and Daredevil.

I would love to see him team up with i.e Iron man or Spiderman just imagine some of the vcomments spiderman will have to say about hulk to get him madder lol

Well, its becoming more and more apparent that both the Hulk and Iron Man will be in the upcoming "Avengers" movie. It will be interesting to see which line-up of the Avengers they will use.

for everyone, what got you into comic books/superheroes?

For me, I got into comics back in the '80s when I was around 4 years old. The Bill Bixby Hulk series ran in syndication and I was hooked. After that, I started buying Spider-Man comics and eventually I learned how to read with the help of those comics

I've been reading comic books since I was in grade school. A friend there introduced me to them and I haven't stopped reading them since. I definitely think that it helps improve a kid's vocabulary.

Well I read comics when I was 5 or 6 but they were those crappy ones for kids that have stories like "What was the Rhino like at school", I got into real comics at about 13, I went to see a movie with my sister and we stopped at a comic book store I liked to go to look at the action figures. It was free comic book day and I got the first issue of ultimate X-men and it grew from there.

I never really went through a comic book phase. In the 80s I bought comic book versions of movies. In the 90s I was into some of the short-lived ones like Terminator or Tales of the Jedi but that was pretty much it.

Edited by Lt. Van Roy

Spider-Man IV and Venom Spin-off in the works

With Heath Ledger's villainous Joker drawing attention and box office dollars, Sony is moving forward with "Venom," a potential "Spider-Man" spinoff based on a bad guy.

The studio is developing the project, based on the gooey nemesis who appeared in 2007's "Spider-Man 3" and is hoping the character could serve as an antidote to the aging "Spider-Man" franchise just as Fox has used Wolverine to add longevity to its "X-Men" franchise.

But getting any spinoff off the ground, let alone one centered on a villain, can be tricky.

The studio had commissioned a draft of the script from Jacob Estes, a writer of the specialty film "Mean Creek," released several years ago by Paramount Classics. But the studio is considering going in a different direction from Estes' script and is seeking writers for a new draft.

Casting also is no simple matter. Topher Grace of "That '70s Show" fame played the character in the film, but Sony is not yet convinced the actor can carry a big "tentpole" picture.

Neither Sony nor Marvel would comment for this story.

In "Spider-Man 3," Venom is essentially a parasite that attaches itself to a host via a sticky substance that then gives the host special powers. The fact that it is a substance rather than a character could give Sony leeway to cast a new actor.

"Venom" came about as part of the licensing deal between Marvel and Sony for the Spider-Man movies, which contained provisions allowing for the use of spinoffs based on other Spider-Man characters.

The project is part of a larger feeding frenzy for superhero projects, scores of which have been signed up in the last few months while movies such as "Iron Man" and "The Dark Knight" light up the box office.

Sony is developing a fourth "Spider-Man" film for 2011, but that picture would come out nine years after the original movie debuted, adding to the studio's desire to see new Marvel characters.

me in front of the Batmobile

mobilejn5.jpg

OMG! You're so lucky, and I'm so envious! Where was that picture taken?

Why are they waiting until 2011 to make a new Spider-Man?...... :whistling:

Also, Topher Grace made a great Venom! I don't see why there is even any question about using him. He's a great actor.

me in front of the Batmobile

mobilejn5.jpg

OMG! You're so lucky, and I'm so envious! Where was that picture taken?

I was at Six Flags Over Georgia. Glad you like the pic. :whistling:

Grace made a really good Venom, but I'd like to see how they explain his certain end in the movie. I guess you can say that the symbiote had Eddie's DNA and they found a piece or you can pretend that S3 never happened.

i think Venom may somehow reform like in Terminator 2 or maybe it be more of a Carnage type Venom who knows.

I remember getting into comincs in my early teens when I started reading Asterix and watching the old Adam West batman and The Incredible hulk films. I have been reading cominc books for many years now with my most recent being the older daredevil comics and DC's Elseworlds series.

Favourites of mine are Hellboy (Dark Horse), Ambush Bug (DC), and Rorschach (from Watchmen).

Why are they waiting until 2011 to make a new Spider-Man?...... :congrats:

Also, Topher Grace made a great Venom! I don't see why there is even any question about using him. He's a great actor.

He made a good Eddie Brock for sure, but I don't think he got enough time to make a good or a bad Venom.

If they decide to use someone besides Topher, they won't have to explain the "death" of Venom and it will be as if it never happened. Killing off Venom was as big of a mistake as killing of the Joker on Tim Burton's Batman

Wow this thread died.

Anywho, me and 2 of my friends have made a forum dedicated to comics. Any and all comics, we don't have many members, but we are in the process of recruiting new members. So i hope to see some of you there.

http://comic-buzz.forumotion.com/forum.htm

I know there's a section for other sites, but when I made the help thread for this forum I was directed to thread and I'm also hoping that this'll bring this thread back.

Superman, Batman and Spiderman

Haven't read the comic books.

Always annoyed with the Phantom as you always had to wait for the next week to find out more.

Would always forget to read the paper.

I think the ones I read when I was really young , Casper the Friendly Ghost, Wendy the Little Witch, and a couple of others I can not remember the titles.