Sign in to follow this  
ChiFire

Comic books and Superheroes

i also luv superheroes.

my fav.'s are flash (wally west), robin, zatanna, and starfire (related to my sn).

so....

WHO'S YOUR FAV. SUPERHERO?

LUV, CHI

:jem'hadar: :batman:

don't you wish that there would be like, a robin or flash icon?

I'm a Marvel man, I've been reading Marvel comics for many years. My favorite super heroes are

Spider-Man

The Incredible Hulk

X-Men

Iron Man

Captain America

The Punisher

Blade

The Silver Surfer

Fantastic Four

Venom (when he's good)

oh yeah, i forgot to mention that i mostly like DC comics. stuff like JLA, Flash, and Teen Titans. feel free to say your fav. superhero!

CHI!

:jem'hadar:

that's cool, Kor37. i only got into superheroes like, five yrs ago, and i still love them!

LUV, CHI

:batman:

bats luvs superheroes, too (especially wonderwoman :jem'hadar: )

I've been reading Marvel for about 19 years now, mainly Spider-Man. Huge Spider-Man fan with stacks of comics. I grew up reading Spider-Man comics. They helped me learn to read.

Have been and always will be a Batman fan.

:jem'hadar: :batman::batman::batman:

But a real close second is Hal Jordan / Green Lantern. I haven't been more excited for a hero's return than with this one. I grew up wishing I could be a Green Lantern myself!

:dude::dude::eek:

I like the Orgins of Wolverine(Can you say "Twist"?Read it to find out!) And a lot of others. I also like this one comic called Chronium Man

Click For Spoiler
Cm_3_c.jpg
Edited by LordOfTheBorg

hey bighero6, do you like the pther green lanterns? like mabye Kyle Rayner (luv him) as green lantern and john stewart as a green lantern? oh and bats will be forever kewl, but u can't forget his sidekick, Robin!

Thank u all for posting.

LUV, CHI

:jem'hadar: :batman:

too bad bats is the only icon here......

robin.bmp

If I had to choose one, I'd go with Batman. He's a brainy sort, necessary to solve the Riddler's clues. And he has some nifty gadgets. I'd love to cruise in the Batmobile, ala the George Barris version, from the TV show. B) His black batsuit is pretty "tight", as well. B) :P

My personal favorites have always been Batman (whose only superpower appears to be a super-checkbook), Spiderman, and the Flash. I never read their comic books much but I loved the animated series of Spiderman and Batman.

In order, Spiderman would probably first, then Batman, and finally the Flash.

*Tangant Alert*

Going onto my own topic here, does anyone remember the show about the Flash that used to be on the Sci-fi channel several years ago?

Flash

The Incredibile Hulk

Spider Man

X-Men

Silver Surfer

The Fantastic Four("can't wait till the film comes out this year")

Super Man

Bat Man

:P B) B) B)

The Fantastic Four("can't wait till the film comes out this year")

I was looking forward to that too, but after seeing the trailers, it looks very disappointing. Totally miscast and botched.

:P

I really don't read comics but I enjoy superhero cartoons.

The new Justice League is my favourite. I really like the Green Lantern. The show is just so epic, it's like watching a comic book. Amazing stories and amazing characters.

I'm also partial to the X-Men (I watched the original cartoon and I like the Evolution cartoon) and the movies were great.

Do The Transformers count? Because I love the Beast Wars series and the 1986 movie was cool. Rhinox from Beast Wars was my favourite there.

I used to watch the old Transformers cartoon and Beast Wars but I don't like the newer stuff. Just too ridiculous. The designs are too busy as well. I prefer the simplicity of the old Transformers.

Beast Wars was cool because of how well it was done and how it connected to the original.

I dug up all my old Beast Wars toys, I have about twenty, mostly Predacons (that was how my brother and I worked out action figures for shows we both liked: I was evil, he was good. Except in rare instances like Rhinox).

ok so it's decided: I TOTALLY AM INTO ROBIN!

sorry, i just watched the movie 'batman and robin'. so much more campy than the first three, but the most fun. yea, i just wanted all u to know that i think that hmmm..... i don't know anymore, can't remember.

LUV, CHI

:biggrin:

ugggh! wish there was more of the superhero icons

(mabye a robin one, or a flash one....)

oh yea... bats is kewl.

oh.... has anyone noticed how all of the comix are getting so depressing? i mean, i was readin' a robin comic, and it's like a DC form of Neon Genisis Evangelion (ask any anime obsessed peep, like me, it's a really depressing show). oh, and im totally pissed because i found out that there were 3 diff. robins. i root for Rick

Grayson (i would say his real nickname, but it would like, say i was swearing). im ok with Tim Drake, warming up to him, but i don't like the third guy who's name i can't remember............

so...yea.

LUV, CHI : :hug: :P :P :hug::hug::hug::yahoo::dude: :P

Actually there were 4 Robins.

1. D.ick Grayson

2. Jason Todd

3. Tim

4. Stephanie (She was Tim's replacement when Tim quit being Robin. She has since been killed and Tim is Robin once more)

Edited by Kor37

yea, so i wanted to talk about the manga 'Ceres Celestial Ledgend' or as it's sometimes known as 'Ayashi no Ceres'. it'a about this angel called Ceres, who's celestial robed were stolen so she couldn't go back to heaven, and then the person who stole her robes forced her to marry him, and then when she died, her spirit was passed on through the generations, trying to get revenge on the guy who stole her robes (a.k.a. his ancestors, and yes, it was her husbands ancestors, so it was tachnically her ancestors.), but then every generation she 'rised' the peeps killede her (the peeps she wanted to kill), and then she finally woke in a girl called Ayashi (from the title), and stayed there. but then sometimes Aya would switch back to her regualar self. then, the guy she wanted to get revenge on (the progenitor, as he was called) woke in aya's twin bro. and then there were other people that were descended to Ceres, but not really related to Mikage (the progenitor), but they had some of her powers, but the Mikage family is trying to collect all of these peeps, and turn them against Aya. and then the manga goes on like any other, and Aya makes friends, and falls in luv and etc. but there's a lot of blood and gore and violence, but the tale is interesting.

anyways, i just wrote that descriptive description because it has to do with smallville. there is this whole thing about Lana's ancestor, Isabelle, being a witch and then burned, but then she resurfaced in Lana to take revenge on the family of the person who killed her, while gettting some mystical artifact. i wanted to show how much alike those two were, even if smallville has Superman (Clark Kent) in it. anyways, in Ceres, there kinda is a superhuman guy who is like Clark Kent.

YEAH. BOOYAH. BAZZING. SHAZAAM!

LUV, CHI

feel free to comment on this.

i will post this in the 'anime block' thread.

wait, there was a girl robin? tell me how that works. i still root for Rick Grayson.

309088[/snapback]

Stephanie was Tim Drake's girlfriend. When Tim's father discovered that Tim was Robin, he made him quit. At that point, Batman recruited Tim's girlfriend Stephanie to be the new Robin. Later, both Stephanie and Tim's father were killed and Tim resumed the role of Robin

well, but isn't like, robin credited as a boy? i mean, when u think of Robin, ya think of a boy, right?

CHI

:yahoo:

okay, i just got a new comic called 'the outsiders'. it's much better than JLA and Teen Titans (the comic books, i still like the TV show a lot). It's about a group of superheroes (duh), that's lead by Nightwing! It's kind of where the Titans go when they grow up, because Speedy's there, too (well, he's CALLED Arsenal, but whatever)! Sorry, i thought it was really cool, and anybody who posts in this thread (who likes DC comics) should read Outsiders.

CHI

hey, did anyone read the New Teen Titans comics, back when they were first issued. if so, what were they like?

please answer, i've been trying to find this out forever.