Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

which sense would be harder too loose?

which sense would you least want ot loose?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. which sense would you least want ot loose?

• hearing
    • sight
    • one of the other senses

I've given this a lot of thought and I have to go with hearing. I could learn to live as a blind man but not being able to hear would drive me insain.

Basically, I try not to think about these kinds of things. Another "sense" if you think of it that way is your sense of balance. I had a very bad case of vertigo a few years back - a virus in the inner ear - it took a long time to get back to normal after that - your other senses eventually compensate. I can't imagine not being able to walk because of lack of balance on a permanent basis - not to mention the nausea that goes with vertigo. One doctor told me he had a patient who had made the choice to have the nerves to his inner ear severed (total deafness) in order to be able to regain his sense of balance.

Guest Tribbleman1000

These are one of those million dollar question. We really cant answer things like that because were not fully blind or deaf, ourselves. I choose sight because your more functional in the world, and there simple cures deafness today. A few complex ones for blindness, that still dont give you the 100% best quality of real vision. But that's just my opinion! :)

I can tell you that Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is not a fun thing to have. As most people here know I have it and it's kept me out of work since about May of 2003. I've lost probably 60% of the strength on my left hand because of it. If I try to pick up a glass of soda or something like that it's VERY hard to grasp it with my left hand, if I use that hand I have to kind of cup my hand keeping my thumb in close next to my index finger.

It's something I can live with though, and while it's hard to imagine losing my sight I believe I could adapt. Same with hearing, it wouldn't be an easy thing to lose but I could adapt.

In all honesty I kind of think that losing the sense of taste would be the hardest thing to lose.

Think about it, if you lost your sight you could still listen to TV or the Radio or things like that.

If you lost your hearing you could still see TV and read the closed captions or read books etc.

But what do you do if you lose the sense of taste? Not being able to taste Pizza or Ice Cream or anything else would be horrible, for me at least.

I would have to say losing your hearing would be bad,both my parents have been deaf since childhood through chickenpox/measles(which nowadays you get injections for)going through all their life not hearing sounds of the outside world,not hearing my 2 kids talking to them and hearing their voices etc

I voted sight.....I read about 2-3 hrs a day. Aprox. 30-40 books a year.

This a terrible thing to think about, but I have, before this poll, and I mean no offense to the deaf with my choice....I don't think any one who hasn't experienced a loss of this magnitude can really answer this ?.....I can only guess my answer.