Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

which sense would be harder too loose?

which sense would you least want ot loose?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. which sense would you least want ot loose?

• hearing
    • sight
    • one of the other senses

I only used two of the senses, because the other ones aren't as major (imo). It really depends on what you do and like. Its said that people who are blind live "in a world of people", and people who are deaf, "live in a world of things". Although you can communicate with both blindness and deafness, when you are blind, it is easier, because you use the language most commly used by others around you, so you are in the world of people.

If you are a serious singer or play an intrument, you might hate to loose your sense or hearing. Its a really hard question, you don't want to loose either, but which is more important to you?

For me, I would rather loose my hearing. I play piano, and I sing, but I just cannot bear the thought of loosing my sight. Its hard to imagine how people live without their sight or hearing.

I'd hate to lose my sight......I have a question " Do blind people dream " ? If they do what do they see in their dreams when they have never seen anything. B)

Hearing.. I could stand losing my sight but not being able to hear whats going on around you just dons't seem fun...

I'm only 23, but my sight is bad and I couldn't stand to loose my hearing. My sister is hearing impared and had to deal with all that growing up and I always felt bad for her. I fear growing old and losing my hearing..well now I feel cherry, :)

I'd hate to lose my sight......I have a question " Do blind people dream " ? If they do what do they see in their dreams when they have never seen anything.  :)

Agreed Lolly.

I'd hate to lose my sight......I have a question " Do blind people dream " ? If they do what do they see in their dreams when they have never seen anything.  :)

Agreed Lolly.

I've always wondered that to. Do they see anything in their minds? Is there color? I could never stand to loose sight. Have you ever closed your eyes for a while and tried to figure see what it was like? Its so hard! Just imagine Helen keller, she was blind and deaf! That would be soo difficult to handle.

Ok, let me preface this by saying I am very sound-oriented. I play several instruments, sing, and play CD's or tapes ALL of the time. I would hate to lose my hearing, but I know a bit of sign language, and can read lips after a fashion, so with Closed Captioning, I could get by. I also do a lot of typing and watching of movies and tv, and would hate to lose my sight.

I voted other. Regardless of what else I do, I would hate to lose my sense of touch. With playing instruments and typing and handcrafts, I use my hands constantly, and a lot of that would stop if I lost that sense. I have lost the feeling in part of one leg and foot thanks to surgery, and have problems b/c of it; I can only imagine what being totally disabled would be.

I WOULD HATE TO LOOSE MY HEARING. WITHOUT SIGHT I COULD STILL GET AROUND AS MY OTHER SENSES WOULD GROW SHARPER. THEN I COULD SMELL YOU COMING.

Sight.... I have seen too many friends and family lose their good vision in a short period of time...my brother went from having 20/15 vision to 20/125 or 20/150 in less than three years. So I would say that since I picked I could lose hearing(my dad is partially deaf , not born that way but went deaf), I would least like to lose my sight.

I would hate to loose my sight. The way I'm going I would loose my hearing before my sight.

I could not go without seeing everything and everyone. The reason I say that I would loose my hearing before my sight is because I sometimes play louder music through a headset than I need too.

I would hate to loose my sight.  The way I'm going I would loose my hearing before my sight.

I could not go without seeing everything and everyone.  The reason I say that I would loose my hearing before my sight is because I sometimes play louder music through a headset than I need too.

We all do, lol :lol:

I would hate to loose my sight.  The way I'm going I would loose my hearing before my sight.

I could not go without seeing everything and everyone.  The reason I say that I would loose my hearing before my sight is because I sometimes play louder music through a headset than I need too.

We all do, lol :lol:

Yup :bow: And when you're mom is trying to tell you to turn it down the music is so loud you can't hear her... :bow:

We all do, lol :look:

Yup :) And when you're mom is trying to tell you to turn it down the music is so loud you can't hear her... :lol:

Yeh, lol :bow::bow: :)

I'd have to say sight.

There are too many things I use my eyes for, to lose them would be disasterous.

I am legally blind without my contact lenses, at least until I have another surgery, and I have been since I was 8 so I definitely when with sight. I miss so many things that people take for granted, like being able to roll over in the middle of the night and see my alarm clock. Or, when I am not sleeping alone, being able to roll over and see the person next to me. I also miss swimming and being able to get up and get dressed quickly and run out the door without having to make sure I allow time for my eyes to adjust to having the contact in before I can leave.

I null voted. I honestly don't know what I'd do without either of those senses. I mean smell, big deal, touch...could live without it, taste, not happy, but ok, but with those two senses....I mean music for example. What would I do if I couldn't listen to music. Or see places like the Grand Canyon or a waterfall....I'd deal with it (I'd have to) if I ever ended up losing one of those senses, but I couldn't choose which one I'd want gone...

Sight.

I cannot imagine what life would be like as a blind man.I have the greatest admiration for blind people who lead normal,independent lives.I'm not sure I'd be that strong. :grin:

This is probably impossable, but I would hate to loose touch. Can you imagine how wierd that would be. Plus you could never be comferted by human touch cause you couln't feel it. I'd be horrible.

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife. :grin:

I voted sight.

Reading is VERY important to me. I cannot live without books - no way. Braille would be no alternative. I'd have to take what's in Braille and not what I want to read. No, the more I think about it the more horrible it would be.

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife.  :blink:

Really? I'm truly sorry to hear that AE.

For me, I can't decide between sound or sight. I love movies and without hearing I could still watch them, but without music. I love music as well. I don't know. I can't decide.

i found this a very hard vote, i'm not sure i could live without either my sight or hearing, not being able to see my children or see what they achieved would be hard, and not being able to hear there chatter would be equally difficult.

i have the greatest respect for those who do have impairments or any disability, and the way they overcome there disabilitys and remain positive is really a lesson for us all.

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife.  :blink:

Sorry to hear about those symptoms.

I do not know what CTS stands for. Is there any chance for a cure?

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife.  :)

Really? I'm truly sorry to hear that AE.

Thanks bysty. :)

Stardreamer Posted on Jan 18 2004, 12:26 PM

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife.

Sorry to hear about those symptoms.

I do not know what CTS stands for. Is there any chance for a cure?

Thank you also SD. :) carpel tunnel synd. At least I think that's what it is. I haven't officially seen a Dr. about it and as for a cure I'm sure I couldn't afford it for at least two more years. I need the cash to complete our ST DVD collections and the STF.N convention this summer. Yes, I put Trek ahead of my health. :)

I can imagine the loss of sense of touch, I'm beginning to show symptoms of CTS, three fingers on each hand and half of my forearms and numb and tingling, I drop things and it is starting to impact my physical relationship with my wife.  :)

AE, I didn't know you had the biginnings of CTS. I hope that there is some treatment that you can get for it..Most people including myself would consider the lost of sight to be the worst..But losing one's sense of touch is probaly just as bad..I hope you can get it cured..

Yes, I put Trek ahead of my health.  :)

:)

Good luck either way, AE; I hope you get well. :)

I voted for sight. I absolutely love music, but I think I would have the harder time having to be led around or guess where I'm going. I greatly admire the sight-impaired, but I can't imagine not having that ability.