Sign in to follow this  
trekkergirl220

If you had to loose one of your senses...

which sense could you loose?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. which sense could you loose?

• hearing
    • sight
    • taste
    • touch
    • smell

Of your five senses (assuming none of have a sixth sense), which would you least mind loosing? I know its a really hard desision, who would want to loose any of them? but just say for some reason, you had to loose one, what could you do without? I was going to do a poll on which one would you rather not loose (and I still might do another one like that) but I thought this would be more interseting.

I personally think if I had to pick one, it would be taste. It might actually benfit me into eating more foods. I know it would take the enjoyment out of life. whats food without the taste? but because I'm such a picky eater, it wouldn't be as hard for me i don't think.

what about you?

Taste because healthy things taste bad.

But its an evolutionary response to environment. If you don't understand what i'm talking about, don't be afraid to ask :)

this was a hard Question for me I couldnt really decide between hearing and seeing... ( I chose seeing) because I am already going blind but I wouldnt mind losing my hearing either. :)

I wouldn't mind losing my sense of smell. I already have very bad nasal passages, so I can hardly smell anyways. :)

Hearing... In a way I would not lose the ability to hear music...You can feel the vibrations in the surroundings, so I would still "feel" the music.

I thought (and voted) the sense of smell, it just seemed to have the least drawbacks if I were to lose it.

I take after my g'mother - I already don't have much of a sense of smell (must be very strong or RIGHT under my nose to register), so I vote smell, too! What am I losing? :rolleyes:

Losing ones taste would help when it came to losing weight. It wouldn't be hard to cut down on your favourite goodies if you couldn't taste them. :rolleyes:

It was close...but I voted for taste.

However, the senses of taste and smell are somewhat connected - I know someone who lost their sense of smell and they also have a dulled sense of taste.

I don't want to lose my hearing, I love to hear my son laugh. I want to see my daughter. they get more beautiful every day. I want to have my sence of touch, cuz i need to feel the keyboard, among other things. I love to cook so taste and smell woudl be hard to lose. *sigh* but i guess smell would be the one.

If I had to choose one it would be smell. I could not give up any of the others very easily. And sadly with some of the people that I work with it might be an advantage. Hehe

Stardate:213441.2

I would say taste because it isnt really neccasary for ur body to function efficanty.So it would be the logical choice.

Stardate:213441.2

I would say taste because it isnt really neccasary for ur body to function efficanty.So it would be the logical choice.

All the six senses (most don't consider balance a sense) are useful, smelling a gas leak can save your life, tasting something poisonous and spiting it could save you, balance just kepts you able to move, sight and sound, need i say more, and touch think of touching something hot and not feeling it....anyone smell something burning?....

That's a hard one...

I vote for smell.. but, well, smell is an important part of taste, so if loosing this one would mean losing 2, I'll go for taste...

I'd say smell - my nose is blocked half the time with summer allergies or winter colds, so it wouldn't really be much different :lol: Although I would really miss the smell of brown sugar (mmmm, best smell in the world :lol: ) Second place would be taste, but I'd much rather lose smell (what would be the point in chocolate if you couldnt taste it)

If I had to choose one it would have to be Smell,both my parents have been deaf since they were kids :lol: so I know I wouldn't like that one,as for the other senses no thanks, I wouldn't like to lose them either.

I'd rather lose my sense of humor....

my grandpop doesn't have one,and he's just fine! :clap: