Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Trek Movies

Hey,i was gonna add these to the Movie Vault, but i couldnt find anywhere to post my own videos, so i decided to post em in O.T.D, and then the mods can move them or w/e. Now, these are the first and only 2 videos ive ever made on the computer, so remember that when/if you review. CRITICISM IS ALWAYS WELCOME.

ok, i cant show you any right now, until i get them uploaded, so be patient.

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

ARGH I HATE THE INTERWEB!!!!!

ok, just go to my site http://walleb.deviantart.com/gallery/ , and click on one( The underwear/head one is Backwards day, and the Dirty Deeds, is Dirty Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap) And click on the picture. Then, when it opens, look right under it, and there should be an arrow pointing down, click it, and it will open in the media player you are using. Sorry for the hassle, but this seems to be the only way i can get it to work.

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

How about... I dont take a look at the videos at final frontier, and i dont really care how short they are because theyre my first(and only) videos of star trek. And, FYI, the music does fit, but you just dont get it.

The music video's are very short... too short. Your showing "nothing". The music you use doesn't fit the video. Keep trying. I recommend to take a look at http://www.finalfrontiermedia.tk an take a look at the Pixelworks and Sabatoj Videos.

305471[/snapback]

How about... I dont take a look at the videos at final frontier, and i dont really care how short they are because theyre my first(and only) videos of star trek. And, FYI, the music does fit, but you just dont get it.

305482[/snapback]

Easy you two :jem'hadar:. Smierlo, it's just Lord's first starting videos, cut him a little slack. Lord, take a little criitcism. You could have said, "ok, I'll take a look at it later." Or nothing at all. :batman:

Two remarks, to short and the music doesn't fit. Look at my first video.. it's a disaster. That's why I said keep trying, and on my website you can see some examples. I've learn there a lot from.

305482[/snapback]

Ditto! Amen! Tell 'em where he can stick it....

ok...LoTB..i could only get Dynomite to download....it was short...but i thought it was well done...and the music fit.....after all it's a music video.....the only proper way to criticise one is to say the video didn't fit the music...but that's simply a matter of taste..or lack there-of.....AC/DC rocks..and i thought it was fine...doesn't have to tell a story...on a techno note....i did think that the timing where Ricker pops up...was just alittle off the beat(mark) maybe you could nudge it just a little( if you know what I mean)..what do you think? I mean just a nano-second off...reminds me of the good old MTV days! ok..just watched again....suggestion nudge the music to the right...so the first Oya...(or what-ever) lines up with Worf when he gets rocked to the side(if you know what i mean) that might line-up Ricker better with the beat.

Edited by headborg

Thank you HB, and sorry Smierlo, but i really don't care(not being rude) i don't think they're very good either. But, you should download the Dirty Deeds, Done Dirty Cheap, i think thats my best one.(If you want more, i can email them to you, just post here with your email, and i will)

Well.

one thing: .....the only proper way to criticise one is to say the video didn't fit the music

that's also a way to say it. But in the end, you say the same as I do.

My English isn't the best, so, maybe therefore I look rude. I'm just a fan of these videos and I like to see good ones. That's why I have a website special made for those clips.

Your clip Dynamite is on my candidates list. That means, with your approval I will post it on my website so you get more name etc. That clip what you want to send me, would be nice. n3mesis@lycos.nl.

Further. You don't even try to watch. I think that's a little short-sighted of you. What harm can be done by watching work of others. What motives move them to make a movie, what do others use for music. Do you think that I watch only here to promote my website; no! I'm also here to watch ideas from other people. I see here a lot of enterprise clips. The most clips I know are mostly about TOS/TNG/DS9 or the movies. But.. it's your choice no hard feelings :P, We are all fans, aren't we.

B) (I had to use this one, such a cool smiley)

Ok..let me try to explain again...a music video...is about the music..not really the video..the video is there to support the music(to valadate it)....very different from a movie ....movies are made first..and then are scored later..if you're lucky and got the money..you'll get John Williams and the London Symphony to do it. There's a big difference..generally when making a music video...you leave the music alone and just concentrate on editing video to match the music...saying the music doesn't fit the video....is very different from saying the Video doesn't fit the music....it's like saying the shoe doesn't fit my foot....so lets get a new shoe...instead of saying my foot doesn't fit this shoe...so lets get a new foot.

A movie however is different..if the music doesn't fit the movie...you don't get an Oscar.

Hey, LOTB...I still can't get those others to download...and i got a techno question....how did you get Ricker's Image to be faded in the back...with WMM..did you split the clip, insert a still of Ricker then install 2 overlapping fades? or did you get the combine feature to work...i still havn't been able to get mine to work..and the vid screen trick....how did you punch a hole in that one clip to get the other up there....this digital age....still learning..

Ok..let me try to explain again...a music video...is about the music..not really the video..the video is there to support the music(to valadate it)....very different from a movie

306031[/snapback]

Speaking for myself, when I make a video it really has nothing to do with whether the 2 things really "go together".

I made the one with the theme from Cheers and video from Star Trek, no way those things "go together". But when I heard the music those were the images that I was inspired to use.

For me, it's about making something that I understand. Something that makes sense to me. If other people "get it" and like it then that's great, but when I make the videos I'm making them for me.

So if somsone sees a video I made and it just doesn't quite seem to make sense to them, that's a shame but it made sense to me and that was my main goal in making it.

Ok..let me try to explain again...a music video...is about the music..not really the video..the video is there to support the music(to valadate it)....very different from a movie

306031[/snapback]

Speaking for myself, when I make a video it really has nothing to do with whether the 2 things really "go together".

I made the one with the theme from Cheers and video from Star Trek, no way those things "go together". But when I heard the music those were the images that I was inspired to use.

For me, it's about making something that I understand. Something that makes sense to me. If other people "get it" and like it then that's great, but when I make the videos I'm making them for me.

So if somsone sees a video I made and it just doesn't quite seem to make sense to them, that's a shame but it made sense to me and that was my main goal in making it.

306033[/snapback]

I'd like to see that one, VGB, what's the title? The Theme music from Cheers...is very flexible..."sometimes you want to go.....where everybody knows your name..." works well with lots of different video footage...you could start off with a scene from 10-forward....and go from there...to all kinds of arrival footage..i.e. shuttle bay doors..greetings at airlocks...the enterprise coming in to space dock...Quark's Bar..."troubles are all the same" works well with sickbay, all kinds of fights(trouble) ..the tribbles...

Not all songs tell a linear story..some are just "mood" and emotion...and as long as those images come to mind when you hear certain lyrics or tones...and you can edit the video to 'hit the mark' your're getting the job done fine....I scene some of your work, VBG, you're very good at choreographing/synchronizing your video to hit the marks.

It's the 3rd video in the Video Vault.

http://www.startrekfans.net/index.php?pg=videos

306047[/snapback]

way to go! i'm rotflmao, i admitt i never clicked on that one...as a general rule i don't click on cross-dressing alien pictures...guess i should have sooner.

306068[/snapback]

Yeah, that part was kind of the 'punch line' of that video lol

306047[/snapback]

way to go! i'm rotflmao, i admitt i never clicked on that one...as a general rule i don't click on cross-dressing alien pictures...guess i should have sooner.

306068[/snapback]

306071[/snapback]

the whole thing was great..but that was the punch line...when we talk about the video going with the song..that's what i'm refering too...going out and finding just the right scenes...hanging the cat by the tail, the coffee being bad, the scene of Barkley coming in the room..(just like Norms arrival in Cheers..) and the big punch line...right on que- I just wish the images didn't get so distorted ...seems like DiX does that..or is it just compressing/formating which distorts it?

306047[/snapback]

306068[/snapback]

306071[/snapback]

the whole thing was great..but that was the punch line...when we talk about the video going with the song..that's what i'm refering too...going out and finding just the right scenes...hanging the cat by the tail, the coffee being bad, the scene of Barkley coming in the room..(just like Norms arrival in Cheers..) and the big punch line...right on que- I just wish the images didn't get so distorted ...seems like DiX does that..or is it just compressing/formating which distorts it?

306073[/snapback]

Yeah, now that I have all of those episodes on DVD I'm going to re-author it to get rid of the distortions. I might start tonight if I have time. It's just a matter of removing the soundtrack then getting the clips off the DVD's.

306047[/snapback]

306068[/snapback]

306071[/snapback]

306073[/snapback]

Yeah, now that I have all of those episodes on DVD I'm going to re-author it to get rid of the distortions. I might start tonight if I have time. It's just a matter of removing the soundtrack then getting the clips off the DVD's.

306075[/snapback]

please tell me which software allows you to copy the copyright protected Dvd....i got lots of DVD...but getting into the computer to edit it seems to be my big hold up..i was figuring i was gonna have to copy them to vHs then back to DvD-R just to get them in the computer.

Um, back on topic please? And HB, to make it so Riker fades or w/e, you have to combine the files(by clicking on the one you want to add to the other one, and then drag it onto the other one). And, Smierlo, i would watch the other videos, but they're like 20-40mb, and i'm not allowed to download anything. And, can you use the Diry Deeds, Done Dirt Cheap movie instead of the Dynomite movie? Cause i don't like Dynomite, it kinda sucked. And HB, and i don't know why it won't work for you. Are you clicking the little arrow under the picture? If you are, and it still won't work, then maybe you are on a mac/don't have Windows Media player? i dont know anything else that would be wrong if those arent ur problems.

sorry we hi-jacked your thread LOTB..kinda got off topic...back to the Riker thing...now are you talking about combining the clips up in the collections area..or do i have to drag and drop in the storyline first..then drag the clip over the other one..does it matter which one is on top..i'd assume the one on the bottom becomes the shadow(background)? and no still can't get the other's DDDDC to work..I got media player 10, reel player, DiX player, quick time...all on my computer

You have to drag the clips into your storyline, then drag the one on the RIGHT side onto the one on the LEFT side. And, i don't know wots going on with DDDDC, it works for me. I'll try to fix it and let you know.

I sure will to use your other videoclip. But I don't have that clip. Pleas mail it to me(n3mesis@lycos.nl)..

Futher.. For Star Trek Video Clips..My opinion is to find a subject, find the right music and then try to combine it with the video. It's not really the same as a MTV music clip nor a movie with a score.

But that's my opinion. I like to make a video clip, for what I like but also to give others fans or non-fans a feeling for what star trek can personally mean for something. And then I mean, in a way of thinking about life. Not about wearing costums and build a startrek room. but.. that's my point of view.