Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

How would you rate "Affliction"?

How would you rate "Affliction"?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate "Affliction"?

Click For Spoiler

What are your thoughts on the episode?

:waaaa: Did what I think what happened just happen?

The Episode's been on for about 15 minutes, good so but I'm posting this now so I can say this... which is a possible spoiler but at this point a guess...

Click For Spoiler

:waaaa:

That was quite possibly one of the best episodes of Enterprise.

Ever.

Click For Spoiler

I honestly don't think there was a dull moment in the entire show.

I've got to give it a 10.

I gave it a 9.5, very compelling. However, I did have one gripe, and it wasn't with the show...It sucks not having cable, UPN flickers on my tv so that gave me a really bad headache. I could have turned it off, but no, I am that much of a fan to Star Trek. :waaaa:

10! Amazing references to almost every trek series and a perfectly logical explanation to solve the Klingon Ridge dilemma. Manny Coto is a genius! He didn't write it but the story behind it was.

Click For Spoiler

I found tonight's episode among the finest this season.

Expert story writing.

Expert acting.

Engaging action.

Star Trek may be going away after this season, but it's firing on all cylinders, er, warp cores this season.

Click on the link below for a full review on tonight's episode "Affliction".

Review of Affliction

Thanks, as always, for reading...

-John

Another wonderful episode! I gave it a 9.5.

Click For Spoiler

I gave it a 9.5 good 3 part arc starting with this one.

Click For Spoiler
I Usually wondered how the forehead Ridges changed from TOS but as of ST:TMP they got the Forehead Ridges back they had used some of the Augments DNA to change them for quite awhile and was interesting that Hoishi had the same dream that Trip and T'Pol had after the mind meld that T'Pol did on Hoishi and was amazing seeing a Sister Ship of Enterprise the US.S Columbia NX-02 there were some minor advancements in the Layout of the Bridge and the Patches were also interesting of Columbia maybe that was section 31 ? have to see the Episode on Sunday evening again to be sure was a shame also that Malcolm lost Trips friendship from Enterprise and having to deceive Archer and had to put him in the Brig for what he did but could've used him during the Fight with the Klingon ship.

:waaaa: :P :P :P

sidenote

Marc Worden also played the Teen Klingon Alexander on DS9

10! :waaaa: I was shocked by this...

Click For Spoiler
Reed's involvement with Section 31!

and the Klingon story made perfect sense. It just keeps getting better and better!

I gave it a generous 1. This was so bad that it made last night's ep of SG1 look good (and I hate flashback episodes).

Click For Spoiler
I've had this Trip/T'Pol stuffed down my throat until I'm about to gag.

I didn't like Malcolm being a traitor - I've never liked section 31 - which is what I assume this was all about - that was my immediate impression. However, I will add that the interaction between Archer and Reed was good, and Keating did a terrific job.

I will say that the improvement of Hoshi's character over the years is about the only bright spot I've seen in this series this season. She went from an insipid little whiney face to a strong, kick butt officer - good for her.

10!!! Wow... what can I say... I have a big thoery on all this that I will post tomorrow. Sorry... but I have work.

Click For Spoiler
and was amazing seeing a Sister Ship of Enterprise the US.S Columbia NX-02  there were some minor advancements in the Layout of the Bridge and the Patches were also interesting of Columbia?

304346[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
I don't think they've started using the U.S.S. prefix just yet...

Frankly, I believe the bridge is merely the same as the “generational ship” Enterprise encountered in “”.

post-812-1095566621.gif

Another wonderful episode! I gave it a 9.5.

Click For Spoiler

304331[/snapback]

I agree completely.

Good episode, but I do have one question

Click For Spoiler
If the flat forehead Klingons were augment Klingons, how did the ridgeheaded ones unseat them from power by the time of Star Trek: The Motion Picture?

I gave it a 9.5! Awesome episode, lots of fun!

Click For Spoiler
Anybody else think it was cool to see Hoshi kick butt?!? I know she got beaned later, but she did put up a heck of a fight.

And I love that they wrote in the whole Augment thing. This finally explains the whole cranial ridge issue. And in my book, it works.

What about Malcolm? I think it is an interesting twist into his character, him being a Section 31 agent. The whole bit with him and Archer... great acting!

As for the Columbia. I have to say that it makes my heart glad to see a latina in charge. I had always hoped that someday we would see a Hispanic in command of starship. I am a happy man.

Now my appetite is whetted an I am looking forward to the next episode.

I gave it a 9.5!  Awesome episode, lots of fun! 

Click For Spoiler

Now my appetite is whetted an I am looking forward to the next episode.

304528[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
I would still like to see a few more Asians. India and China are huge nations, and at the rate they are developing will play leading roles in the planet's future.

Interesting episode. I give it a 9.5.

Click For Spoiler
Archer is losing big time. He's lost his chief engineer, doctor, and armory officer. My complaint is this: If Archer is really a good captain, how come he can't get anyone in Engineering to respond? He obviously hasn't implemented discipline or control since Trip transfered. I know he's got a lot to deal with, but come now.

An outrage....

Click For Spoiler
I thought perhaps the writers would leave someone with some integrity onboard, but I guess not. Malcolm should receive a court marshall and an exit out of Starfleet. I can't believe he would leave Archer in the dark. Archer saved Earth from the Xindi and Malcolm just lies to him like he is no one. Really, I'm surprised Archer didn't take him to the airlock. What will not surprise me is if this season ends and some character relationships are not mended. Malcolm has never been my favorite character, but now he is even less my favorite. Keating had an excellent performance though!

Gave it an extremely generous 8. Didn't derserve higher. It didn't do it for me.

Click For Spoiler
to me it was too predictable. Only a few surprises. The reason for the 8 was the continuty. that was the only thing I liked. I didn't like the idea of Klingon augments though.

Click For Spoiler
well, Reed couldn't tell Archer about his ties to that organization. Some alliances supercede others...

Click For Spoiler
Archer seemed shocked and outraged that one of his officers could be a "traitor". However, he seemed to make a bigger deal of it then he should have. When was the last time they had a conversation outside of work? Maybe if he had gotten to know him a bit more Archer could have foreseen this, or at least have a genuine reason to feel like he was personally attacked.

Section 31 didn't excite me as much as I expected it to. This was probably because of the lack of recent character development for Malcolm. We haven't heard anything about him since the episode where Hoshi baked him a cake.

I am sick and tired of Trip/Tepal relationship. There are other crewmembers who have relationships.

Which brings me to my next point. I was genuinely relieved to see the Hoshi/Phlox scene. I'm glad their friendship has been mentioned again, even if it was only for a brief moment.

This episode is like the rest of this season, mediocre. 8/10

The rest of the season, with the exception of Deadalus, has been great.

This episode, however...

Click For Spoiler
was good, but wasn't as good as most of the episodes.

For one, the reason that TOS Klingons had smooth foreheads did not to be explained.

For two, the fact that they had to turn this episode into a sub-plot of an episode earlier this season was completely uncalled for.

For three, the whole thing seemed to be rather 'last-of-the-minute.'

The concept was great. The execution was substandard.

OK here are my theories about the 2 major things in "Affliction"

1: T'Pol and Trip

Click For Spoiler
The daydream is waht we all thought it was... they were in each others head. Most likely, because of T'Pol doing the mind meld and the feelings between the 2 and the events of season three, their minds are linked when every at a point of being relaxed or, in T'Pol's case, being in meatation. This could case problems in the next to shows, but it does mean, to me, that they will stay wil each other.

2: Section 31

Click For Spoiler
I believe that Section 31 was created after the Eugenics Wars and or World War Three by the United Nations to prevent anyone threating the life of humans again. Section 31 might see the Klingons as a threat or might have a plan to use this outbreak to their advantage in protecting Earth or to their own benefit. Either way... this spells bad times for the crew on Enterprise.

Because of my bad reception, I couldn't see Columbia's patch, could anyone find a picture of it and post it here, or direct me to a site?

OK here are my theories about the 2 major things in "Affliction"

1: T'Pol and Trip

Click For Spoiler
The daydream is waht we all thought it was... they were in each others head. Most likely, because of T'Pol doing the mind meld and the feelings between the 2 and the events of season three, their minds are linked when every at a point of being relaxed or, in T'Pol's case, being in meatation. This could case problems in the next to shows, but it does mean, to me, that they will stay wil each other.

I look at it as

Click For Spoiler
Since Archer is the "expert" on mind melds he needs to talk T'Pol through how to fix the abnormal link she established with Trip during her drug inspired encounter so Trip can get back to a normal life. A relationship based on some Vulcan mind meld isn't real.

Sign in to follow this