• A big city
    • Out in the country
    • Hidden in a forest
    • Space
    • On a boat
    • In a tree
    • In a camper or RV
    • Why do you want to know???

Out in the country? In a small town? A big city...somewhere else??

In my case, I really would prefer to remain living in a country area. though where I currently live is growing in population and the stores and stuff are coming in. True having a shopping center right near by with a grocery store and having a gas station nearby as well is helpful. But I like the quiet of the country. Living in a forest, like in a cabin would be kind of cool too.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

I prefere living in my hometown Buffalo. Its not large, but its in the 50 largest cites, but does have a small town feel towards it.

I'd like to live where I live now, in a small village near a bigger city. I voted for "in the country", I love it here. :dude:

I've lived in small towns and big cities and the country (or "the sticks" as my sister called it). I would like to go back to the country - although I can say that each place I lived was where I wanted to be at that particular time of my life. I think if you really think you want to live in a city (and you don't) you should try it at least once.

One good thing about the internet is that people in rural areas and small towns can have access to the information and shopping that used to be reserved for big cities. Still, small towns don't have nice restaurants like cities do.

I'd like to explore space, either that or live in southern california

304382[/snapback]

Heh, that's where I'm dwelling now. :waaaa:

post-812-1095566621.gif

I would want to live in space.

However, the option of being hidden in a forest is good too. I spent the first thirteen years of my life in that setting. How I miss that house! :yahoo:

I'd like to explore space, either that or live in southern california

304382[/snapback]

Heh, that's where I'm dwelling now. :yahoo:

post-812-1095566621.gif

304444[/snapback]

I live in Southern California too! :thumbup:

I'd love to live in a forest. I love forests! :yahoo:

I live in Atlanta, and I must say that I'm a big city kind of girl.

305369[/snapback]

Wow! I was just in Georgia last week. I spent most of the time in Columbus and Ft. Benning. You have a very beautiful state. I enjoyed the scenery between Atlanta and Columbus. I don't know that I'd move there, however. The drivers, IMO, are like maniacs! I had trouble changing lanes or merging with traffic as the other drivers zipped past me on both sides. Yikes! BTW, I picked "in the country". :jem'hadar:

Couldn't resisting voting for Space..After all my name is SpaceTigger!..If it's not in space then it would be right where I live now, in a small town.. :P

If my condition ends up not grounding me... I really am still interested in working at least for a short time on the International Space Station.

So when I created the poll, I almost picked space. But I still stand by living in either a country or a heavily forested area. Sometime this year I plan to move (I still live with my parents because of expenses with school and then for a year I was out of work because of my injury and now disability.. and they were cool with letting me stay as long as I helped out around the house, which I do just that) out and that will be what I am looking for...out in the country or where there is a lot of forest. I live in North Florida and when I was growing up I planned to move northward, but nowadays I am seriously considering moving southward. Not sure how far south, but definately southward. Who knows, maybe even out of the US. I have not yet decided.

In space of course! I would not mind relocating to the moon or Mars when I retire, but I do not think they will have real colonies there by then. If only they had kept going back and forth to the moon!

My second choice would be a mid-sized southern American city, like I live in now. I was raised in the suburbs of a large midwestern city. That would be my thrid choice.

I am a Navy man, with seawater in my viens and General Purpose Grease in my coffee cup. On a boat is where I would live. the gentle rocking of the waves and the subtle thrum of the engines makes it easy to go to sleep there. and the best part about living on a boat---if you don't like the surroundings, then Full Speed Ahead to somewhere else, home and all!

A few years ago, I took a trip to Arizona and fell in love with that state. I could easily retire there.

Edited by Kor37

I would love to live Out in the country where i have losts of room and not have to worry about meeting people.

I wouldn't mind living someplace cold, farther north.  Maybe I could go to Canada.

304921[/snapback]

I would love to live Out in the country where i have losts of room and not have to worry about meeting people.

310314[/snapback]

When I go on vacation I often go to Canada. I love Banff, Jasper, and Yoho National Parks and Victoria, Monteal, Quebec City and St. Johns were great. I really liked Newfoundland too.

I grew up in the country and would like to return. Have lived in Chicago for over twenty years and need to escape the noise, crowds and congestion ofn the streets. Countryside is unfortunately disappearing fast in the US. Suburbs are expanding out, eating up farmland. Vacationed briefly in Florida and they are building everywhere around Orlando and even Winter Haven. So would want to stake out land Way Out in the country, cause it could get developed soon.

:yahoo: I would like to live in outer space :blink: Edited by Raja62

I voted Big City...........Born in Philadelphia PA. and moved to the country with nothing close by has driven me Stir Crazy! Only strip malls are in town ,which by the way is about 5 miles away. Could walk to them but no sidewalks and to many people get hit walking these roads. In the city I could go for a walk anytime I wanted to. But, here I sit in the house and don't get the excirse that I need to. :blush 2: :blush:

Looking at my post I mentioned moving later this year... well, that did not work out as planned. But nonetheless, I am still out in a forested/country area. Even though there is a bit of developement going on around us.

Space would be fun for a while.

I voted for hidden in a forest though - I lived in the Amazon for a while and loved it, felt right at home.

When I need a quiet place

Far from the human race

Out in the coouuunnnnnnnnnn-tryyyyyyy

Seriously, one of the things I miss most about the country is well-water. The way it slides down your throat...if you're used to city water, the first glass of well-water will make you gag because it slides down so fast. So delicious.

Ah, but I wax nostalgic.