Sign in to follow this  
MoulinRouge

Final rating for "The Aenar"

Now the ratings pop back up. Now. :P I thought I'd missed Sci-fi wire's weekly gloating about how well Stargate and Battlestar Galactica had done in the ratings compared to ENT. Now wonder since ENT bested SG-1 by half a million viewers this last week. These are the finals, not the fast nationals which aren't every market.

From Cyrus at TrekBBS.

Aenar Final rating

3.17 million viewers. Better than Veronica Mars at 2.97 million and Kevin Hill at 1.9 million. Isn't that ironic? :huh: :dude: I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

Now the ratings pop back up.  Now.  :P  I thought I'd missed Sci-fi wire's weekly gloating about how well Stargate and Battlestar Galactica had done in the ratings compared to ENT.  Now wonder since ENT bested SG-1 by half a million viewers this last week.  These are the finals, not the fast nationals which aren't every market.

From Cyrus at TrekBBS.

Aenar Final rating

3.17 million viewers.  Better than Veronica Mars at 2.97 million and Kevin Hill at 1.9 million.  Isn't that ironic?  :huh:  :dude:  I don't know whether to cry or to laugh.

303681[/snapback]

Not outstanding ratings but solid for this year. I think it definitely says something about UPN when Enterprise ranks ahead of two of it supposedly better shows. Of course, the only problem is that those shows don't cost over a million dollars an episode. But the fact that UPN doesn't want Star Trek anymore (which is good for Star Trek) cannot be ignored.

Now, what I see is that if Enterprise shifts to Sci-Fi, it no longer splits the ratings with Stargate SG-1. As a result, both show's ratings would likely improve.

I think the bottom line is UPN just wants to get rid of ENT and since I think UPN is the worst thing to happen to Star Trek - I'm sort of glad. I think it's best hope of becoming a decent show would be to be picked up by the Scifi channel.

Ratings do annoy me though. Examaple comparing ENT to SG1 - the ratings are only for the first showing of SG1 - it reruns again three hours later. You have to ask why more people don't watch ENT and then watch SG1 on the second run? The same goes for those trying to show BSG is a more popular than SG1 - sure more people watch it on the first run than SG1 it comes on later and more peopel are home - I wonder what would happen if they compared the figures for both runs?

And of course - since I don't get ENT during regular primetime people like me never show up in the ratings. :dude:

I used to always watch TNG and DS9 of the local FOX channel (one of the things FOX actually did right!). I'd be happy if even they took Enterprise. I don't care who takes it, as long as someone does and I can still watch it.

I think it's funny that UPN doesn't want Star Trek. I remember when UPN first came out they used Voyager as their figurehead to get people to notice. If it was for Star Trek, UPN would be nothing.

I'll have to look up the rating numbers for the other series in their 4th season, just to compare.

IT is good to hear the ratings took an upturn though.

I used to always watch TNG and DS9 of the local FOX channel (one of the things FOX actually did right!). I'd be happy if even they took Enterprise. I don't care who takes it, as long as someone does and I can still watch it.

I think it's funny that UPN doesn't want Star Trek. I remember when UPN first came out they used Voyager as their figurehead to get people to notice. If it was for Star Trek, UPN would be nothing.

303715[/snapback]

If it wasn't for Star Trek: The Next Generation and The Simpsons, FOX would be nothing. How quickly FOX forgot the old maxim ... "dance with the one that brung ya." Or maybe it was tptb for Trek that forgot to dance with FOX ... ?

It would be fantastic if the next Star Trek series actually aired on a real broadcast network, i.e. FOX (not UPN ... I said a "real" network).

Unfortunately for people like me without cable, I won't get star Trek if it moves.

I'm glad to see that the ratings are improving. But it is ironic that they would bump up know. As for UPN... I say let it sink. If not for Enterprise, they would have nothing else worth watching. I would not be surprised if the network begins to languish once Enterprise is off the air.

As for another network... I remember hearing a rumor, early on, that CBS might pick it up to spruce up their Saturday nights. I don't know if this rumor is still good or not, but I would love to see it on a major network. Something tells me that if it had a berth at one of the big 3, the numbers would go up as there is more access across the nation and the networks do a better job of promotion. That's my humble opinion. Regardless, I hope somebody picks it up. I'll watch it wherever it goes... even HGTV!

Unfortunately for people like me without cable, I won't get star Trek if it moves.

304813[/snapback]

I'm sorry for that. But maybe those rumors are true that CBS will pick it up. There are lots of possibilities.