Sign in to follow this  
Theunicornhunter

Should Captain Archer

Do you think there is a way they could work having Scott Bakula sing in an episode. Maybe if he ever gets another romantic episode (hasn't been one since Civilization B) ) he could serenade the girl. What do you think?

I love Scott's voice, but I can't really see Archer serenading a girl. Maybe they could sing campfire songs the next time their shuttle crashes and strands them on some god forsaken planet. Trip could bring his harmonica. B)

They should have him singing "Faith of the Heart" one day on the bridge. I'm sure most times, the bridge is pretty quiet with not much to do for a captain sitting in his chair. Out of sheer boredom, he could just start humming, and then sing quietly and gradually get louder. Could you imagine T'Pol's reaction?

Seriously? It's a good idea. I'd like to hear him sing. If it can be worked in, go for it!

Here's one way it could work. Archer's humming the theme song in his quarters while catching up on his work. He starts singing softly, and gets louder and louder! T'Pol hear's something from the ready room as she has that sensitive Vulcan hearring, so she goes to check it out. T'Pol enters Archer's ready room, with a quick blurb of him singing while the doors are open. Travis and Hoshi echange giddy expessions. Archer spins his chair arround, looks up from his padd, and discovers T'Pol starring at him with a baffled expression.

Imagine the look on his face! B) B) B) :(

nice setting CJLP..I can see it now..could be worse..he could be in the sonic shower.

nice setting CJLP..I can see it now..could be worse..he could be in the sonic shower.

You may have a problem with seeing Archer in a sonic shower but I don't. Nice idea!!! I don't think he should sing Faith of the Heart though.

Here's one way it could work.  Archer's humming the theme song in his quarters while catching up on his work.  He starts singing softly, and gets louder and louder!  T'Pol hear's something from the ready room as she has that sensitive Vulcan hearring, so she goes to check it out.  T'Pol enters Archer's ready room, with a quick blurb of him singing while the doors are open.  Travis and Hoshi echange giddy expessions.  Archer spins his chair arround, looks up from his padd, and discovers T'Pol starring at him with a baffled expression.

Imagine the look on his face! B)  B)  B)  :(

That's a great idea, but I agree with Takara, he shouldn't sing Faith of the Heart, it would be terrible without any music..

Perhaps he could sing Spanish Flea, like Homer Simpsons, that would be hilarious... "There was a little spanish flea.."

B) B)

But then there might complaints that it was just like Allegiance when the alien Picard started singing drinking songs with the crew.

And then there was 'Plato's Stepchildren' when Spock was forced to serenade Uhura. (Or was it Nurse Chapel, I can't remember.)

And then there was 'Plato's Stepchildren' when Spock was forced to serenade Uhura.  (Or was it Nurse Chapel, I can't remember.)

Kirk was with Uhura and Spock was with Chapel, gosh that was a good scene!

And then there was 'Plato's Stepchildren' when Spock was forced to serenade Uhura.  (Or was it Nurse Chapel, I can't remember.)

Kirk was with Uhura and Spock was with Chapel, gosh that was a good scene!

Oh, that's right, cause then there was that infamous kiss between Kirk and Uhura!! How could I forget that?? B)

How about an Enterprise musical? Everyone bursting into random song and dance every few minutes. Hah, that'd be so funny.

I just got this picture in my head. We're in the mess hall. Suddenly, everyone gets up on the tables and starts dancing and singing. That would be great.

Sorry, I have a strange imagination.

How about an Enterprise musical?  Everyone bursting into random song and dance every few minutes.  Hah, that'd be so funny.

I just got this picture in my head.  We're in the mess hall.  Suddenly, everyone gets up on the tables and starts dancing and singing.  That would be great.

But funny, you reminded me of that Val Kilmner flick Top Secret! B)

It would be funny to see Archer singing, but I am not sure that it would fit in with his character very well..

How about an Enterprise musical?  Everyone bursting into random song and dance every few minutes.  Hah, that'd be so funny.

I just got this picture in my head.  We're in the mess hall.  Suddenly, everyone gets up on the tables and starts dancing and singing.  That would be great.

Oh, please, no! B) Sorry, it's just that for me, Star Trek is ment to be a serrious show, so I could never buy a musical, unless Q or some omnipotent being had something to do with it. B)

VaBeachGuy Posted on Jun 4 2003, 10:04 PM

I've never heard him sing,

That's unfortunate. He really does sing professionally.

My point was....

Scott Bakula is a really sexy man with a great voice. I still remember hearing him sing Imagine on Quantum Leap. I think there is a way they could integrate a song into the script without it being ridiculous. Maybe they find some refugees and he has to sing to one of the kids to get him or her to sleep. I suggested the idea of singing to a date because he doesn't enough romance - and there is nothing romantic about those horrendous T'Pol fantasies.

Do you think there is a way they could work having Scott Bakula sing in an episode.  Maybe if he ever gets another romantic episode (hasn't been one since Civilization  :laugh:   ) he could serenade the girl.  What do you think?

I think it would be great. It would have to be well written, being within the context or situation in the story. Maybe singing Moonlight Serenade to a love interest?...

Scott Bakula has a nice voice. I enjoyed hearing him sing on Quantum Leap.

I wouldn't be opposed to a musical ep. I don't think it matters whether ST is supposed to be serious or not. And there is nothing to say that a musical can't be serious anyway, just look at the musical Buffy. There was a hell of a lot of serious undertones in that episode and it was very powerful.

Scott B is one of my fave singers, so any decently written way to get him singing on ENT will be fine by me. Maybe they will get stranded on a planet overnight and have themselves a camp fire and sing a few songs...