Sign in to follow this  
headborg

When I'M With You

You used Diffirent Resolutions. You not the best quality video recorded from tv. The music doesn't fit the video.

Not a very good video, the idea is good. But use more relations!

You used Diffirent Resolutions. You not the best quality video recorded from tv. The music doesn't fit the video.

Not a very good video, the idea is good. But use more relations!

305475[/snapback]

(1) I always welcome constructive criticism.

(2) This was my first experiment with Windows Movie Maker and digital media.

(3) I was under a deadline- it was a Valentine's Day present/project

(4) you use what you can find/steal/borrow...i don't have the key to the vault at Paramont..i admitt the footage of Trip/T'Pol in the cave is very poor..too poor..will replace when better becomes available.

(5) Use more relations? please clarify........

(6) The music doesn't fit..... (i don't think you even speak or understand English that well.....you're Dutch right! and you said the same thing about everyone's work here...you're just out tearing down other peoples work to elevate and promote your own..your site..which by-the-way ..when i try to download your work...my firewall tells me you are trying to push more thru to my computer than just the video.

(7) I interned for 3 years at KSFM-TV channel 29 between 1988-1990...and have made dozens of music video(late at nite) and worked on several AETN(pbs) documentaries that have been broadcast. I grew up watching MTV...and the music fits perfectly....

(8) criticizing others work to plug your own...is just bad taste...

Edited by headborg

headborg - I thought I'd already posted on this topic, but I don't know what happened to it. :P I'm no expert or anything, but I've watched your video several times and I enjoy it very much. Thank you for posting it.

(1) I always welcome constructive criticism.

That's okay. It's difficult, but good :P

(2) This was my first experiment with Windows Movie Maker and digital media.

No offence, but Windows Movie Maker isn't really a good program, but that's my opinion. Maybe you could use Ulead or Pinacle studio. Problem with Pinacle studio is heavy for you CPU and Memory.

(3) I was under a deadline- it was a Valentine's Day present/project

I don't know that. You only post a video. You could be working years on it, or several hours. By the way, nice Valentine's day present. There's nothing more valuable then own work.

(4) you use what you can find/steal/borrow...i don't have the key to the vault at Paramont..i admitt the footage of Trip/T'Pol in the cave is very poor..too poor..will replace when better becomes available.

I know the problem. I have everything on DVD but not on my pc. I have the luck I have the movies on my pc. Try to find one source for your movies and clips. The change of difference in resolutions/quality is must smaller.

Riker - Troi, Kira - Odo, Dax-Worf, Dax-Bashir, Sisko-Yates, Garak-Ziyal, Chakotay-7of9, Paris-Torres ... that's what a mean. Not neccesary, but an option.

(6) The music doesn't fit..... (i don't think you even speak or understand English that well.....you're Dutch right! and you said the same thing about everyone's work here...you're just out tearing down other peoples work to elevate and promote your own..your site..which by-the-way ..when i try to download your work...my firewall tells me you are trying to push more thru to my computer than just the video.

Indeed, my English isn't the best there is. I don't know some words and my grammar is horrible. But you understand me for a little. Therefore, not all work I've seen here is bad. If you read well enough you could see that. I've "rarred" all my work. My work is save! if you don't believe it people are downloading rght now. My tip: just let it through, I guarantee it's save! Use Winrar to unrar them. You can fin Winrar at the bottom of the page. If you still won't try it, I will specially for you unrar the files you want to see and make them available for you.

(7) I interned for 3 years at KSFM-TV channel 29 between 1988-1990...and have made dozens of music video(late at nite) and worked on several AETN(pbs) documentaries that have been broadcast. I grew up watching MTV...and the music fits perfectly....

I'm a soccer player for over 15 years, that doesn't mean I'm a soccer expert. Therefore I als grew up with MTW/TMF or what for music channel. The music fits the subject!! But some parts of the videos don't fit the music. I can't explain it in English very well. It's very difficult to find the right music for star trek.

Plug your own!? what does that mean. Well, the most work available at my website is NOT my own work!! The work I'm proud of is "Farewell". Further some Dutch clip that's not interesting for you.

Just keep trying with your work! I have your clip on my Candidates list. If it's okay with you I put it on my website. I've already more then 100MB of videoclips from this site.

Let me know, I'm no evil European.

headborg - I thought I'd already posted on this topic, but I don't know what happened to it.  :P  I'm no expert or anything, but I've watched your video several times and I enjoy it very much.  Thank you for posting it.

305870[/snapback]

Thank you, Indy...and yes you already posted on this topic...but it was deleted over at the Enterprise Forum....it's content offended too many viewers..that's the reason for the PG-13 warning..and this version doesn't have the valantine dedication at the end..and actually a few different edits..it's 4:05 instead of 3:59.

headborg - I thought I'd already posted on this topic, but I don't know what happened to it.  :P  I'm no expert or anything, but I've watched your video several times and I enjoy it very much.  Thank you for posting it.

305870[/snapback]

Thank you, Indy...and yes you already posted on this topic...but it was deleted over at the Enterprise Forum....it's content offended too many viewers..that's the reason for the PG-13 warning..and this version doesn't have the valantine dedication at the end..and actually a few different edits..it's 4:05 instead of 3:59.

306013[/snapback]

Could you sent me the original version!? Here in the Netherlands we don't look surprised when we see something more then usual.

No offence, but Windows Movie Maker isn't really a good program, but that's my opinion. Maybe you could use Ulead or Pinacle studio. Problem with Pinacle studio is heavy for you CPU and Memory.

Why would i be offended....i didn't design the software...just started playing with it...I was looking at Pinnacle just the other day..was planning on getting it..my biggest grip so far with WMM is the time base editing features are way to limited...1/2 speed, and 2x...and you can't  'dial up' the frame speed gradually, and (2) i'm still used to working with video tape...with 2 channels of audio...it would be nice to be able to seperate the dialog from the effects...and be able to combine new audio effects at the same time as say..the music file..or atlease delete the audio portion without losing the video(to free that column in the timeline). I've just ordered Lighwave..so should start playing with CGI shortly.

Try to find one source for your movies and clips. The change of difference in resolutions/quality is must smaller.

Answer: all that video footage was "borrowed" from Knights In white Satin....i.e. same resolution as that video..which you didn't make that comment on it.. I didn't really care for that song..because I know the backstory of what/who/why it was written..and i don't thank that song's theme is approprate for a StarTrek love theme between Trip and T'Pol...and the high pitched moaning and whaling just drove me nuts...but that's just a matter of artistic taste...from a techno/skill viewpoint that video is very well cut(edited)...if this was megnetic tape..I'd say since it was my master...my video resolution would be degraded cause you always lose alittle quality with each run thru the buffer(ha..ha.. a transporter joke in there)yes, i cut a corner there-but 95% of her transitions i had to cut out( I don't care for the page curl up effect....it belongs more to fairytale (still photo to life) type of work..but if I had the  time..i could have collected/catologed practically the same footage....so I do "owe" her for that much..

Riker - Troi, Kira - Odo, Dax-Worf, Dax-Bashir, Sisko-Yates, Garak-Ziyal, Chakotay-7of9, Paris-Torres ... that's what a mean. Not neccesary, but an option.

Answer: it's a 3:59 song..scenes of all those different love-relations would have made it too general..and all those relationships were different(one theme too general to fit all) the song is a simple rock love ballad..doesn't tell a story..just convey an emotion..When I'm with you...my world stands still..in common english usage "with you" can mean (1) just in your presence(near you) (2) romantically "with" you..ie alone in decon chamber, foot massage, etc (3) the sexual "with" you....and i think i had just enough footage of Trip and T'Pol to (relate) all 3 meanings.

Plug your own!? what does that mean.

Answer: To Plug.....means to promote...to "get the word out" example:"Hay, everybody..if you want to see how really good music video is made ..come check out my website"

305965[/snapback]

Edited by headborg

headborg - I thought I'd already posted on this topic, but I don't know what happened to it.  :biggrin:  I'm no expert or anything, but I've watched your video several times and I enjoy it very much.  Thank you for posting it.

305870[/snapback]

306013[/snapback]

Thanks for clearing that up, headborg. At least I know I haven't totally lost it yet. :lol:

Well It didn't get shown at the Vegas Convention, so I'll just consider it still my property. I remade this video...with much better software and raw footage. This is the DVD video compressed to AVI and uploaded to YOUTUBE. Enjoy!

Well It didn't get shown at the Vegas Convention, so I'll just consider it still my property. I remade this video...with much better software and raw footage. This is the DVD video compressed to AVI and uploaded to YOUTUBE. Enjoy!

Wow! That is wonderful, headborg. What a beautiful tribute! :) Thanks for sharing it here!