Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Jem'Hadar vs Hirogen

19 members have voted

1. 1. Jem'Hadar vs Hirogen

• Jem'Hadar
    • Hirogen
    • Tie

But why? It's easy to just give a name with no thought to it, but to come up with a reason, that's where the skill lies. :)

Well, the Jem Hadar overwelm with sheer numbers.

They are in combat to simply kill everything in sight, by any means necessary.

They launch suicide attacks and are prepared to lose large numbers to acheive their goal.

The Hirogen are in battle simply for the glory of the hunt.

Edited by The King

I think the Jem'Hadar have the advantage, they're trained more in long range attacks, such as using their rifles to lay down a pattern of fire that will seperate the enemy. THe Hirogen are more skilled at close quarters combat, shown by their impressive array of bladed knives. If the Jem'Hadar can keep the Hirogen at a distance, they'll have a better chance of picking them off one by one. Once the Hirogen get up close, they can use their increased strength and size to bring the Jem'Hadar down.

I voted tie, because although the Jem'Hadar are more dedicated killers, their addiction to Ketracel-white could be used against them by the Hirogen, who seem to be smarter.

I think the KLINGONS may be a good match for the Jem Hadar, since they have a warrior tradition, can match them physically, and they fight with a great deal of cunning.

:) :) :lol:

It depends what you mean by a fight, if it's a one on one with no weapons then I'd say maybe the Hirogen. True the Jem'Hadar may be more agile but the Hirogen would seem to have them quite outmatched physically.

I like both But Jem'Hadar and this is what would happen :bow:

Hirogen powers up its weapons

Jem'Hadar activates spuper shields

Jem'Hadar uses evasive action

Hirogen fires and misses

Jem'Hadar fires and knows off their shields

Unbeatable :bow:

*Hey - I Am Wacky! :wow *

So you think the Hirogen would just sit there and expect the Jem'Hadar to fly into their fire, the Hirogen are a lot smarter than that.

The Jem'Hadar.

I Agree With What The King Said.

And The Hirogen Seemed So Spread Out...And Spread Thin At That, If The Dominion Invaded Hirogen Space, I Think They Could Take It.

Then Once The War Is Over, The Borg Would Come Sweep Up The Leftovers In Their Effort To Recover From "Endgame" :bow:

If it was a straight out battle, a one day event or an event over just a few days I believe the Jem'Hadar would win.

They were designed to fight and kill with no motivations other then pleasing the Founders.

The Hirogen on the other hand have shown more weakness in terms of hunting for sport. When the battle got to be too much for them they agreed to terms that would end the fighting.

The Jem'Hadar would see that weakness and exploit it.

The only way I would give the Hirogen the advantage would be in a long drawn out battle where the Jem'Hadar may run out of White.

Do you think that Borg Jem'Hadar would still crave Ketracel White?

302451[/snapback]

Addiction is irrelevant. (couldn't resist)

Good question. I wonder if assimilating an addicted Jem'Hadar would cause all the Borg connected to that drone to become addicted too.

I don't think it's really an "addiction", it's more of a biological chemical need. An addiction can be overcome. A biological need can't. Kind of like saying that all humans are addicted to oxygen.

I don't think it's really an "addiction", it's more of a biological chemical need. An addiction can be overcome. A biological need can't. Kind of like saying that all humans are addicted to oxygen.

302493[/snapback]

So are you saying that assimilating Jem'Hadar is an unneccesary waste of resources? We did see the Borg able to survive in space when they were on the deflector dish of the Enterprise-E. Could they use that same technology to "cure" the Jem'Hadar?

I Belivie It Was Stated Somewhere On One Of The Shows That Borg Drones Are Provided With Everything The Body Needs To Survive.

So I'm Sure The A Jem'Hadar Borg Drone Would Be No Different Than The Others.

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I picked the Jem' Hadar mainly because of their sheer numbers. I thougt the Hirogen species didn't reproduce with great frequency. I also think that the Jem 'Hadar are better tactical/strategic thinkers than the Hirogen.

302493[/snapback]

I would have to agree there. I had always thought of white as a chemical that they needed to survive. I had always figured that since it was stated that they were "bread to be addicted to white" that it was probably along the lines of there being a chemical that their bodies need to survive but that they were engineered in such a way to prevent their bodies from producing that chemical, thus making them completely reliant on whoever can provide them with that chemical.

WHATS THE DIFFERENCE ITS DRIVING ME NUTS!!!!
I know this post is over 5 years old now but since it was never answered back then...

The Jem'Hadar are a race of warriors designed by the Founders (The Dominion) in the Gamma Quadrant, their only desire is to please the Founders (Odo's race - The Changelings) who are their 'gods'. Their sole purpose is to be the military might of the Dominion.

They have one flaw that was bred into them on purpose and that's an 'addiction' or biological need for the hormonal enzyme "Ketracel White" or simply just "White". Without the White they will eventually die, after going through several stages that will make them so aggressive that they'll kill everyone and everything in sight, including other Jem'Hadar and presumably even Founders if there happen to be any nearby when they get to that stage of "withdrawal".

The Hirogen are a Delta Quadrant race that thrive on hunting 'prey', it doesn't matter what or who they hunt just as long as they hunt something. The reason for the hunt is to gain 'trophies' to adorn their hulls. We see them in several Voyager episodes, "The Killing Game" being one of my favorites followed by "Flesh and Blood" which is another of my favorites.

The Hirogen are driven by their own motivations, their desire to acquire trophies and the thrill of the hunt. Desires though, can wane over time and motivations can change. This is why I believe the Jem'Hadar would ultimately defeat the Hirogen, provided that they have an ample supply of White. Destroy their supply of White and they'll eventually die off or kill each other off.