Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

New Information Re: Sci-Fi Channel and TiVo

We recieved some good news today from a source that is very reliable but is going to remain anonymous for now.

Apparently the Sci Fi Channel is considering picking up the show, but wait before you get overly excited and stop reading, they still need alot of encouragement from the fans in way of good ol' fashioned snail mail. We need to start writing respectful letters to them asking that they pick up the show. We need to flood them with the letters, I beg everyone who is the least bit interested in saving the show to do this, please don't assume that there will be enough others sending letters we need every letter that we can possibly get to be sent to them. I will try locate some addresses for them when I get home from work.

Also, the ratings are going to be watched very heavily so watch the show. They will also be watching the TiVo information as well so if you have a TiVo or know someone that does have the record the show even if you are watching it live so that it gets recorded in the TiVo stats. And we should also do the good old fashion snail mail on this one as well, each week after you watch the show, take a few minutes to write a quick letter to Paramount and UPN to let them know that you watched it. According to our sources one viewer letter is usually equal to 1,000 viewers. I also heavily encourage everyone to do this as well.

Did you get any specific contact information for the Scifi channel - a particular person to send the letters to? I'm not keen on trying to get UPN to keep Enterprise but I think it could do well on the Scifi channel. I'll glady write them?

Here is the address to send your letters to Sci-Fi:

Ms. Bonnie Hammer

Sci-Fi Channel

1230 Avenue of the Americas

New York, NY 10020

The receptionist I spoke to indicated she was in charge of programming as well.

So start putting pen to paper and get those letters mailed.

I will pay them all they want if they can save it!!!

301844[/snapback]

Bribery, the standard way of doing business in America :)

Got a better idea???

301857[/snapback]

Yeah, write letters to the Sci Fi channel asking them to pick up Enterprise..

I'll write a letter (well type a letter and mail it).

I'm just wondering would Enterprise moving to Sci-Fi make it impossible for CityTV to show it? I know the Space Network (which I would love to have because I could watch 4 straight hours of Trek a day (if I wasn't at school during the day) shows Sci-Fi shows and Enterprise and City shows it too. And Space falls under the City TV umbrella. I just hope the potential move doesn't make it impossible for me to see it. Well, City still shows Stargate SG-1, but they're not brand new. So I may have to wait for new eps of Enterprise if it makes the move.

Can anyone kind of get what I'm saying and can they clarify how such a situation would work?

Oh well, I'll manage either way. I'd rather have the show live and be unable to see it then it being gone altogether.

I'll write a letter (well type a letter and mail it).

I'm just wondering would Enterprise moving to Sci-Fi make it impossible for CityTV to show it? I know the Space Network (which I would love to have because I could watch 4 straight hours of Trek a day (if I wasn't at school during the day) shows Sci-Fi shows and Enterprise and City shows it too. And Space falls under the City TV umbrella. I just hope the potential move doesn't make it impossible for me to see it. Well, City still shows Stargate SG-1, but they're not brand new. So I may have to wait for new eps of Enterprise if it makes the move.

Can anyone kind of get what I'm saying and can they clarify how such a situation would work?

Oh well, I'll manage either way. I'd rather have the show live and be unable to see it then it being gone altogether.

301886[/snapback]

I don't think Enterprise going to Sci-Fi would affect us in Canada. There are a number of series that have been or are currently on Sci-Fi Channel that we have had run on networks like City TV.

Outside of the US, the series is probably sold in much the same way a syndicated series would be.

RE: Sci-fi Programming

I just wanted to add this email address. Although snail mail is preferred, this email address is listed at Sci-Fi as being for suggestions or comments for their Programming Department about the SCI FI Channel or any of its shows so I doubt a few emails won't hurt. Perhaps you could remind them that you watch other series on Sci-Fi and would like to see Enterprise added to the programming.

program@www.scifi.com

Folks, that sci-fi address with Bonnie Hammer is the one to hit and hit hard. Immediately. It's the only chance of seeing the show next year. It's not a guarantee by any stretch but there is zero chance of seeing it on UPN.

An important point to make is that you wouldn't mind the budget cut per episode if Manny Coto and the current creative team are brought on board. That's more important than anything. :bow:

Edited by MoulinRouge

Folks, that sci-fi address with Bonnie Hammer is the one to hit and hit hard.  Immediately.  It's the only chance of seeing the show next year.  It's not a guarantee by any stretch but there is zero chance of seeing it on UPN.

301984[/snapback]

You heard the lady, so start sending those letters to:

Ms. Bonnie Hammer

Sci-Fi Channel

New York, NY 10020

Hi, just wondering, does it help to get letters from across the pond or will they make their deciscion based on likely north american viewing figures?

:bow:

Hmm...If Sci-Fi Does Pick It Up, I Hope They Don't Call It "A Sci-Fi Channel Original Series" :bow:

Anyhoo, Ya Think It Would Be Added To Sci-Fi Friday Or A Different Night?

Ooo..It'd Also Be Cool If They Had A Day For Showing 4 Episode Mini Marathon Or Reruns. Sci-Fi Loves Though, lol

Anyway...I May Type Up A Letter. My Handwriting Ain't That Pretty :bow:

Hi, just wondering, does it help to get letters from across the pond or will they make their deciscion based on likely north american viewing figures?

:bow:

302259[/snapback]

Yes it will help especially since they do have Sci-Fi UK.

Hmm...If Sci-Fi Does Pick It Up, I Hope They Don't Call It "A Sci-Fi Channel Original Series"  :bow:

Anyhoo, Ya Think It Would Be Added To Sci-Fi Friday Or A Different Night?

Ooo..It'd Also Be Cool If They Had A Day For Showing 4 Episode Mini Marathon Or Reruns.  Sci-Fi Loves Though, lol

Anyway...I May Type Up A Letter.  My Handwriting Ain't That Pretty  :bow:

302263[/snapback]

I was thinking the same thing. The 8:00.9:00 and 10:00 PM EST slots have been taken by Stargate-SG1, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galatica. Maybe 7:00 PM EST would be a good spot.

Hmm...If Sci-Fi Does Pick It Up, I Hope They Don't Call It "A Sci-Fi Channel Original Series"  :bow:

I don't think they could seeing as its part of a franchise and would likely still be made by Paramount. Do they refer to SG-1 as an original series? It originated on another network. Atlantis and Galactica would be though as they were created specifically for and by Sci-Fi.

As for the timeslot, 7 wouldn't be bad on Sci-Fi (I don't think it would move on City TV though). It would become SG-1's lead in which would be good because of the over lap that exists in the fan bases.

I don't think they could seeing as its part of a franchise and would likely still be made by Paramount. Do they refer to SG-1 as an original series?

Yes, They Refer To SG-1 As "Sci-Fi Original Series" But...You're Right...I Doubt They'd Do It To ENT

They could, I think because if it's on Sci-Fi and it's not a re-broadcast of a show originally played on another network then it is an original episode. If it is produced specifically for the Sci-Fi channel then it could be considered a "Sci-Fi Original". That's how I look at it anyway.

Alright, i might possibly be missing something, but here goes: All this "on sci-fi" is good, but wot about me? i dont get Sci-fi. How am i supposed to watch it? On Space or something? Or is Space And Sci-fi the same thing.

(thanks to the mods for modding my pic)

Edited by LordOfTheBorg

You might not be able to get it on TV until your cable company begins carrying the Sci-Fi channel but if the show is still being produced there will be ways for you to get the show at some point. The important thing is that the show continues to be produced.

I don't know how Canadian channels work, you could always wait for it to go onto syndication and maybe Sky would pick it up, or Space.

Alright, i might possibly be missing something, but here goes: All this "on sci-fi" is good, but wot about me? i dont get Sci-fi. How am i supposed to watch it? On Space or something? Or is Space And Sci-fi the same thing.

302404[/snapback]

If Sci-Fi picks up the series that's good for us in Canada. Currently Space and other stations owned by the same company are airing programming that's on Sci-Fi (ie Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, etc.). You'll be able to watch it the same as you do now.

If Sci-Fi Channel (US) purchases first run episodes they would only have exclusivity in the States. Viacom/Paramount would still sell the series to other countries the same way it does now.

Alright, that all sounds good but let's not count our chickens before they hatch. We still need to get the show on Sci-Fi.

:biggrin: <_< :blink: SAVE ENTERPRISE! :( :( :dude:

Here is the address to send your letters to Sci-Fi:

Ms. Bonnie Hammer

Sci-Fi Channel

New York, NY 10020

The receptionist I spoke to indicated she was in charge of programming as well.

So start putting pen to paper and get those letters mailed.

301834[/snapback]

Does Sci Fi channel have an email?

I know I should send letters, but I can't, and email is more then nothing.

Does Sci Fi channel have an email?

I know I should send letters, but I can't, and email is more then nothing.

303221[/snapback]

This is the address listed on the Sci-Fi Channel website for suggestions or comments for their Programming Department:

program@www.scifi.com

BTW, I'd wait until Monday before sending it. I've sent them two emails at that address - one Sunday afternoon and another just a few minutes ago and I got a delivery failure notice. It is possible that their system has reached its limit for email over the weekend.

Edited by Takara_Soong