Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

What do you like about Enterprise?

I thought that since we are fighting to try to save Enterprise it would be a good thing to have everyone post exactly why you think that the show should be saved by way of voicing what you like about the show.

Myself, I think that it is a great show. I have very much enjoyed having the early days of Starfleet and seeing some of the things that will eventually lead up to the birth of the federation. I have always been a big fan of prequals mainly because my thought patterns are "Okay, I know where they are now, but how did they get there?" To me the journey is most of the fun and that is exactly what Enterprise is to me, it depicts the journey that humanity followed in order to get to the status that they held in the other series.

The many changes in direction over its run have done much damage to its internal continuity imo, I am holding out hope the season/series finale will return some importance to what the first three seasons were about but...

Of Paramount importance for me is seeing it at least achieve the goal on its promise of being sequel to TOS, much is left to do in this area. It squandered 3 of its years before really starting to do just that but now that it has shown exactly what it is capable of in that regard I want more. If I hadn't tasted the quality of this season I probably wouldn't care and could let it go but I did and now I desperately need more of what this season has delivered. Good Job Manny Coto.

For one thing, it's Star Trek. I like Star Trek. For another thing, it's a good show.

When I first heard of Enterprise being a prequel I was excited to see the beginnings of the Federation and how events lead up to TOS..Too bad it took 3 years to get to a point where we are just starting to see that. Even at that, I did enjoy the first 3 years. I thoughts they were enjoyable well done shows even if they did have minor flaws in them from time to time..However, this 4th season has really blown me away..Manny Coto has done a wonderful job trying to steer this ship in the right direction..The writing for this season is so much better than last year. I can definately see a difference..It upsets me that the show has finally found it's creative stride and now it has been cancelled! Not during to so-so previous years but now when the show is really excellent..

Looks like they have finally forgotten about romance on Enterprise..Hopefully Archer, Trip and T'Pol can become the close trio of characters that they need to be for the show to succeed..I also like how the relationship between Archer and Shran have grown and they actually consider each other friends now..The Andorian episodes have always been favorites of mine..

My favorite thing was the excitement of them being the first to "boldly go" - the excitement of exploration and first contact, and the beginnings of the Federation. They lost that during the Xindi arc, but at least the Xindi were an interesting species. I also like most of the characters, especially Captain Archer (duh), and most of the stories have been good.

Well it shows people how Earth got from before the U.F.P. and how the humans final got so big in space.

I'm fighting for the show because it was the first Trek series I've really had the opportunity to follow from the beginning and I don't want it cut off prematurely (it has been a regular part of my week for almost every week in the past 4 years). The show has also demonstrated real quality in the past two years and before that the shows weren't always great but there were some really good ones (Shuttlepod One, Cogenitor, Dead Stop, Regeneration).

I also want to see the living history of the Star Trek saga and I believe that Trek has found its future leader in Manny Coto and I see no reason to cut him off.

Edited by Jack_Bauer

I've read a few of the comments made and have to say that I agree with many things that have already been written. Enterprise is a good show, it's premise terrific, it's storylines often captivating, and the majority of the cast fit our expectations of Enterprise crew members.

But what is it about Enterprise that draws such devotion? Dozens of shows have had followings, some that even saved their beloved from cancellation like we hope to do with "Enterprise." It may have been said already, so I reiterate, that this show is a part of a legacy, a familiar venue that is loved by people from around the world, recognized by millions and discussed in similar fashion by people of many, many nations who long to explore the final frontier in the same way as the beloved Starfleet crews.

I hope it is given the chance to develop its true potential and explore those aspects that make the Star Trek dynasty a cultural phenomenon.

Hmm, interesting question. I have watched ENT regularly and there have been some good episodes (and some bad ones). I think I liked some of the characters if not the storyline in the first two seasons - and it was those characters that kept me coming back. But season three really ruined that. I almost didn't watch season four.

I'm glad I did because I like that they've used season four to try and fix some things but I find a lot still missing in character relationships. Still, I would say the strength of season four has been in the storyline - the Augments, the Vulcan revolution, the growing alliance with Andoria and the Tellurites. And there have been a few of those character moments - like that last scene with Trip and Malcolm in the last episode.

I'm not sure what exactly has drawn me to Enterprise but it is the first series since TNG that has really captured my full attention.

I admit I was not the most consistent viewer during the first two seasons. I saw most of season 3 (stupid local channel pre-empting episodes is the only reason I missed some) however season 4 has been incredible. The series has hit its stride and I'm enjoying the ride.

The acting, the writing, everything has been tremendous. I've loved the story arcs they have had this season.

I agree, it is great Trek.

Oh, and I really like Billingsley's Flox. Great character.

Oops on the typos in my last post. Ugh. I meant "its", not "it's" ::slaps wrist while searching for edit button::

I love the show. As a matter of fact there hasn't been a Trek series that I did not like. What I like the most about ENT is it reminds me more of TOS than any of the other series. I mean shoot the alien save the girl and fly off into the sunset kinda stuff. The idea of Starfleet and a better way than the material way has always drawn me to it.

Enterprise is easily the closest Trek to the original series in style, and that is why it is great. This show makes all those strange new world look vibrant and exciting, and the characterisation is not applied with a trowel.

The show is more action but is not the all out war that DS9 became and to a degree limited it. Enterprise can have a different story each week and has done well to bring back some of the key concepts used in the 60s show.

We want Enterprise back because it is Star Trek.

True I grew up on reruns of TOS back in the 70's and have seen every spinoff since then TNG-DS9-Voyager but what I like about this series is how everything got started from what we took for granted in the other series like Phlox being the Dr. that preceed Mc Coy and I think that this series was finally doing its potential as of year 4 but I still liked the other 3 years as well and was hoping for a "full 7 years" at least to round out the Trek Lore not to Mention how Archer is on Equal Ground with Shran now and the other things from other posts in here that is why I think it should be saved.

:bow::bow::bow::bow:

Edited by LoveMalePecs1

IMO the first three seaons were wasted by B&B. However in the fourth season this series was just starting to get better. I saw the multipart Vulcan story arc. I was impressed with the Reeves-Stevens team and how they handled this long time TOS race. I was hoping this will continue with Coto at the controls and Reeves-Stevens at the helm.

IMO it's time Star Trek break away from UPN and be transported to Sci-fi. They had several key people who cares about Star Trek and want to see it continue. We should all drop subspace messages to the big brass of Paramount and give them a piece of our POV. Paramount may own the copyright to the franchise but I think it is in Universal, Sci-fi Channel's parent, that lay its future.

i only like cos of Scott Bakula's role hes a wonderful actor... i don't like some of the story lines tho.. only watch for Scott Bakula :wow: and if enterprise gets the big X then Scott Bakula will be out of work and thats sad :wow:

I kind of get what B & B were trying to accomplish with Enterprise at first. They were trying to portray the uncertainty, inexperience and frightening things that were happening when Earth first started pushing further out into space. It was natural to portray the Captain as untried and uncertain because this was all new to them. Of course the crew was a bit unpolished. They've never done this before. Unfortunately, the fans were unwilling to wait for the natural progresssion of the crew. They wanted a decisive Kirk/Picard style captain and a polished crew from the start. I guess this would have been better for TV but it would not have been realistic. I, for one, was enjoying watching the Captain and crew grow more experienced with each season.

i liked T'Pol the best. i feel that she was the strongest female (main) character since Denise Crosby or Diana Muldar on TNG.