Sign in to follow this  
KIMIMELA

PLEASE HELP ME !

I have to make a website using Dreamweaver MX today can anyone tell me how to change the background colour of the page? It sounds easy but I forgot what my lecturer said :) .......

what do I click on?

Here's how to do it:

Right click on the page - and go down to the way bottom of the menu, and click on "Page Properties..."

Then in the dialog that pops up, click on the "Background color:" box and you can select the background color. (You can also type in the hexadecimal value, like "#FFFFFF" = white)

Hope that helps!

:biggrin:

<_< oh thankyou i could not thank you more ............ :dude: :(

now my website is on the way :blink: :( :biggrin:

In a few weeks I am going to have to build my own web site, is are there any really good books on dream weaver?

In a few weeks I am going to have to build my own web site, is are there any really good books  on dream weaver?

302752[/snapback]

If you don't know much about HTML or are new to website design, Microsoft FrontPage is a very easy program to use. That's the program I used to create DataLoreFiction. I still use it more than Dreamweaver because of my comfort level with HTML is not high.

I have used both Frontpage and Dreamweaver in my computer class. Frontpage works very similar to Word. Dreamweaver is more complicated, though it can do some things Frontpage cannot. I like both of them.

I use FrontPage for simpler stuff (like tables, formatting, etc.)

I use Dreamweaver for complex stuff, or pages that have fancy coding that FrontPage doesn't understand.

I use EditPlus (a powerful color-coding text editor) for the actual coding (like PHP, etc.)

I can't think of any books off the top of my head, sorry.

Dreamweaver is so easy once you've got the hang of it!!! I first looked at it and thought, "Oh, boy...I've forgotten everything my lecturer has shown me" but he told me to just try and do parts myself and if I can't do it he'll help me. I've made a basic website and its nearly finished now :dude: .

Out of all the other programs I've tried this has to be the best for making websites.

You know what's really easy? Mozilla has a composer function where you edit with drag and drop. It's so easy and it gives you the HTML. IT'S SO EASY!!!