Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Boycott UPN!

Well, now that Star Trek fans have no reason to watch UPN anymore, I guess they can tailor their shows to the four other people in the world who watch that channel.

300508[/snapback]

Five. I watch other shows on UPN besides Enterprise, just not regularly. The only thing I watch as regularly as Enterprise (besides some Christian shows) are reruns of Stargate SG1, and something else. But I do watch UPN at times. Sometimes I watch their 10pm newscast.

From what I've read, UPN is looking for females between the ages of 18-34 (56% of UPN's audience is in that demographic) as well as the African American audience.

300518[/snapback]

Well I am much older that 34.

I suppose I could stop watching. You know, they are especially cruel, these UPN people. All season long I have had to wait until Saturday for the one time during the week that Enterprise ran. Today and last Friday, the two great episodes were run on both Friday and Saturday. So I get Friday Enterprise back, only to hear it is being cancelled altogether.

So even though I somewhat 'fit ' the demographic UPN may have been looking for, these cruel people have not won me over. I probably will stop watching altogether.

I don't think they are necessarily cruel.

It's not like they sat around thinking "Hey, let's torture these ENT fans".

It's a business decision to cancel a show that just wasn't working.

Although it must be said that it's Paramount themselves who are the ones that have caused this problem with ENT and to a greater extent, with the whole Trek franchise.

We should boycott UPN until they at least notice!  Let's not just stand around!!!

300259[/snapback]

Only thing I watched on UPN was ent, so, I have already.

I don't think they are necessarily cruel.

It's not like they sat around thinking "Hey, let's torture these ENT fans".

It's a business decision to cancel a show that just wasn't working.

Although it must be said that it's Paramount themselves who are the ones that have caused this problem with ENT and to a greater extent, with the whole Trek franchise.

300579[/snapback]

And when I used the term 'cruel' I was using it to describe its impact on me. There is a lot of cruelty in this world that is the result of indifference and unawareness of decision makers.

I meant what I said. I view UPN as cruel, and my local UPN station in particular.

And by the way, I complained via e-mail about my local station quite some time ago to the UPN network. The result was that locally, rather than just cancel Enterprise when they decided to run something else in its one time slot on Saturday ( which other people on this board have regularly experienced THIS SEASON) they would run it earlier in the day. So I would have to check every Saturday to see whether it had been moved, but I knew it would not be cancelled.

Again, I consider the current actions of UPN CRUEL!!!!

Boycotting UPN is not the answer, that's just going to tick off Leslie Moonves and might result in an even longer break for Trek. :laugh: The best way to go about this is to show support for the UPN shows you like - if any, along with Enterprise. Write to him and tell him how much you like the show and his other UPN shows, if any.

Well since the took Buffy of that channel and replaced all the good late night shows with rossan and girl friends and all these crappy reality shows that consist of rappers and minoritys and make fun of other cultures. Dude I will just watch PBS like I always do and screw UPN. I was so happy finally when my house was able to pick it up and that was back in the day when fox still had voyager at 9 central time but than they took it off and upn kept playing it.

Boycotting UPN is not the answer, that's just going to tick off Leslie Moonves and might result in an even longer break for Trek. :laugh: The best way to go about this is to show support for the UPN shows you like - if any, along with Enterprise.  Write to him and tell him how much you like the show and his other UPN shows, if any.

300830[/snapback]

Enterprise was the only show that I would have watched on UPN. When Enterprise off the air I have no reason to watch the channel. That is when I am back in the States.