Sign in to follow this  
Star Trek Fan

Boycott UPN!

I agree with The King. When I am back in the states I will have very little reason to watch the channel.

Boycotting UPN will be easy for me. The only show I ever watch on UPN is Enterprise.

With Enterprise gone ( <_< ) and SmackDown beign lamer than ever, I now have no excuse to watch UPN, so count me in.

Without ENT, I have no reason to watch UPN anyway. On the other hand, we get VOY reruns on UPN back home and are trying to retape all of those eps. After that, we'll cancel our subscription to that channel.

The only show that I watch on UPN is Enterprise anyway so if the show goes away I will no longer be tuning in, nor will anyone else in my household.

We don't get UPN here in Norway, so I won't be watching that channel anyway. But if we did got UPN here in my country, I would be glad to boycott it since they're thinking about to cancel Enterprise!!!

<_<

Once Enterprise is off of UPN there is no reason for me to watch that station..It was the only thing of interest to me there..

Oh Puh-leeze. Boycotting a network like UPN won't accomplish a thing. And since most people here only watched the network for Enterprise, the issue is irrelevent. All this teeth gnashing and wailing isn't going to bring back the show and because the choices available to todays viewer is so varied, the network won't even know that you're gone. Even threatening to boycott the network's sponsors won't do anything. The franchise had an incredible eighteen year run and now it's over. It won't be entirely gone with re-runs and the availability to buy entire seasons but it's hardly the end of the world. My goodness, some people might be forced into the sunlight and actually get a life. The sun will still come up tomorrow and life will go on, we'll all have our jobs to go to, at least most of us, and we can all worry about the more important things in life, like surviving and paying taxes. Star Trek may get revived again, Paramount has an underlying greed factor, but until then, enjoy what once was.

Oh Puh-leeze.  Boycotting a network like UPN won't accomplish a thing.  And since most people here only watched the network for Enterprise, the issue is irrelevent.  All this teeth gnashing and wailing isn't going to bring back the show and because the choices available to todays viewer is so varied, the network won't even know that you're gone.  Even threatening to boycott the network's sponsors won't do anything.  The franchise had an incredible eighteen year run and now it's over.  It won't be entirely gone with re-runs and the availability to buy entire seasons but it's hardly the end of the world.  My goodness, some people might be forced into the sunlight and actually get a life.  The sun will still come up tomorrow and life will go on, we'll all have our jobs to go to, at least most of us, and we can all worry about the more important things in life, like surviving and paying taxes.  Star Trek may get revived again, Paramount has an underlying greed factor, but until then, enjoy what once was.

300332[/snapback]

Uh, you're being incredibly naive and uncaring. To many people, Star Trek is a vital part of their lives, that includes me. Yes, I have a life and go out into the sun but I also know a great deal about Star Trek. To target the fans like you have proves that you only worry about yourself. Your opinion is not the only one out there.

I echo what most others here have said...When Enterprise leaves UPN there will be other reason to watch that network. Enterprise was the only reason I flipped on UPN.

Well, now that Star Trek fans have no reason to watch UPN anymore, I guess they can tailor their shows to the four other people in the world who watch that channel.

I don't watch anything on it anyway, but even if I did I agree that boycotting a network isn't going to accomplish anything. If there's a show on tv I want to watch I'm going to watch it regardless of what channel it's on.

Besides, many people have said the only show they watched on UPN was ENT and that show was cancelled because of poor ratings. So, if you are a pro-ENT person and boycotted the network, it wouldn't be a big loss for UPN since you didn't watch any of their other shows anyway and the one show you did watch is history because there weren't enough of you to keep the show going.

:laugh:

Edited by The King

I really don't no where UPN is heading and what market they want draw their audience to watch their network. When UPN cancelled there highest rated show on their network that to me they are in deep trouble. I don't see UPN being around in the few years to come.

Edited by Odie

When UPN cancelled there highest rated show on their network that to me they are in deep trouble.

Yep. WWE Smackdown a week or so ago. The WWE's broadcasting contract with Viacom expires at the end of the year, but it'll be OK. WWE is one of the strongest names on cable and will easily find a new broadcaster. Network television isn't really that appealing unless it's one of the big three, although trends are changing in the audience away from general broadcasters towards cable/satellite channels which offer options for all viewing tastes.

I don't see UPN being around in the few years to come.

Neither do I.

I really don't no where UPN is heading and what market they want draw their audience to watch their network.  When UPN cancelled there highest rated show on their network that to me they are in deep trouble.  I don't see UPN being around in the few years to come.

300514[/snapback]

From what I've read, UPN is looking for females between the ages of 18-34 (56% of UPN's audience is in that demographic) as well as the African American audience. I recall Les Moonves was recently speaking about Nielsen changing the way they calculate the ratings by bunching all people of color together (whether African American, Caribbean American, etc) so UPN's ratings dropped significantly when broken down by those demographics.

Boycotting UPN will be easy for me. The only show I ever watch on UPN is Enterprise.

300267[/snapback]

Ditto. I haven't seen a redeeming show on UPN (other than Enterprise) since they stopped showing DS9 reruns.

You know what... this would be a perfect marketing scheme. Cancel the newest Trek Show; every Trekkie/ Trekker in the world either complains or approves. The name is out there, and people tune in. Ratings soar and the show is amazingly revived. :laugh: Man I'm dreaming here.

You know what... this would be a perfect marketing scheme. Cancel the newest Trek Show; every Trekkie/ Trekker in the world either complains or approves. The name is out there, and people tune in. Ratings soar and the show is amazingly revived.  Man I'm dreaming here.

You sure are. :laugh:

If the pro-ENT people want to really make a difference, there is a better way than desperately trying to save this lame duck of a show, which realistically is history and is not coming back. It's a futile attempt and it will get nowhere.

There is a more important campaign that all Trek fans should be pushing towards Paramount and that is leadership change and replacing Berman and Braga and making certain that the Trek fan community will NOT accept anymore half-baked disasters of massively unsuccessful box office proportations like INS and NEM or anymore weak TV shows like ENT which are dismal and limp and are watched by about three men and a dog.

Trek fans should DEMAND the best quality, the highest standards, the most superb stories which are insightful, intelligent, and thoughtful. Deep rich characters and settings, and all the things that set Star Trek above and beyond all other shows.

If you accept crap, that's what they'll keep giving you.

Edited by The King

Trek fans should DEMAND the best quality, the highest standards, the most superb stories which are insightful, intelligent, and thoughtful. Deep rich characters and settings, and all the things that set Star Trek above and beyond all other shows.

300526[/snapback]

Contrary to what you think, King, we do and that's why we're fighting for Enterprise.

Contrary to what you think, King, we do and that's why we're fighting for Enterprise.

That's OK, sooner or later, the pro-ENT faction will accept the inevitable.

That show is gone, done and dusted, and it's time to consider the future of the franchise and move on.

I understand that. The pro-Franchise faction understand that. Soon....all the Trek fan community will too.

Edited by The King

...making certain that the Trek fan community will NOT accept ... anymore weak TV shows like ENT which are dismal and limp and are watched by about three men and a dog.

300526[/snapback]

That dog must be really good at making multiple entries on our petition then.

Just pointing out your slight exaggeration. :laugh:

I really don't no where UPN is heading and what market they want draw their audience to watch their network.  When UPN cancelled there highest rated show on their network that to me they are in deep trouble.  I don't see UPN being around in the few years to come.

300514[/snapback]

I agree, why did upn cancel it's highest rated show, I think it's clear here that the only thing we watch it for is for Enterprise, and maybe Voyager reruns. Anyways I dont even get UPN in Canada, but I have on the occasion got complete static with some oddly colours figures that i can identify as people.So Iam definitely for boycotting UPN, that is if they dont go bankrupt first.

To be fair, I will say that WWE and original eps of America's Next Top Model regularly scored higher than ENT, at least in the last couple of seasons. ENT is still one of UPN's top shows, though.

That dog must be really good at making multiple entries on our petition then.

Well, once on TV I saw a chimp drive a car. :laugh:

Just pointing out your slight exaggeration.

Of course it was an exaggeration. The expression means "not many people".