Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Plea to all members of STARTREKFANS.NET

Plea to all members of STARTREKFANS.NET.

In the wake of the recent announcement that Star Trek Enterprise is to be canceled after this season I will be mailing our petition on Wednesday, February 09, 2005 to the powers that be in hopes of adding our voice to that of the many other individuals that are trying to flood them with fan feedback in an effort to save the show.

I am asking that we all come together in this effort to have the decision to cancel Enterprise reconsidered and hopefully reversed. I encourage all members of STARTREKFANS.NET to not only sign the petition themselves, if they have not already done so, but to send the link to everyone that they know to have them sign it as well. Any signatures that we can add to the list will help to make our voice that much stronger and it is not required for anyone to be a member of the boards in order to sign.

I am also sending a plea to all of the individuals that were not fans of the show to please sign the petition as well. I completely understand that many of you may be content or even excited to hear that the show has been canceled, but I would like to ask you to add to the voice of those that do really enjoy the show to try to save it for the rest of us. I do ask that if you choose to sign the petition do not add any negative comments as that defeats the purpose of what we are trying to accomplish.

When you sign the petition PLEASE read the instructions listed so that all of the signatures will be valid. For each signature to count it must have at the very least your first name and last initial and an email address for contact. If anyone wishes to sign but does not have an email address that they are willing to use on the petition please feel free to set up a free account with someone like yahoo or hotmail, if you do not feel comfortable doing that then feel free to contact me (ddillard) via PM and I will help with getting an email address set up for you to use on the petition at no cost.

Again I want to thank everyone that has already signed and encourage them to spread the word and get as many people as possible to sign the petition before next week.

Below is a link to the petition and please feel free to pass it on or post it at any other sites that you visit.

http://www.startrekfans.net/petition

Not only have I signed it, I've circulated the link to the petition around a bit in the hopes that other Trek fans will sign it.

Not only have I signed it, I've circulated the link to the petition around a bit in the hopes that other Trek fans will sign it.

300331[/snapback]

That is definitely appreciated. We are receiving an increasing number of signatures each hour which is great. The only thing that we need to make sure of is that anyone that is signing it is including the following:

--First Name and last initial *minimum* (Screennames or firstname only is not valid for a petition*

--Valid email address *this is for the off chance that they decide to validate some of the signatures by sending emails to confirm that you did indeed sign it*

--Location *can be state/and or country at a minimum*

Ddillard, I signed and posted a link from my message board, also. the Phaserboard is in on this too.

300352[/snapback]

That is great, let me know if you need anything from me to help the cause. I cannot guarentee that our efforts will succeed, but the one thing that I can guarentee is that there will be NO ONE that cannot say that we did not go down fighting tooth and nail.

I already signed a long time ago.

Okay, I posted the petition on all the ST series message boards on IMDB. That should pull in a pretty few.

Edited by sea trooper

ddillard,

Not only have I signed it, but I have also passed along the link to all my Trek friends!

I signed and convinced lots of my buddies on neopets to sign...

If we get enough signatures, I think itll stay on the air! :laugh:

300841[/snapback]

I've always known there are a lot of Trekkies over there. LOL

Thanks. Keep spreading the word.

TWO signatures, TWENTY signatures, TWO HUNDRED signatures etc...

If they all come from the same person, only one thing is important...

It's only ONE potential viewer.

Edited by The King

i signed it but, but in the words of some guy that was kinda famous or something(i think it was the host of the Screen Savers): "Alot of people sign petitions, cause they think it will help, but it doesnt matter if theirs a million petitions on the internet, nobody listens to them" I hope enterprise gets on the air, but i dont think a INTERNET petition will help.

The petition would only be effective if they had a very large number of people supporting it.

If Paramount saw a petition with 15 million signatures, then they would assume (correctly) that these are not the people watching the show, because if they were, the show would have had higher viewing figures. It's just people making repeat signatures over and over and over again.

I've heard people say on some other sites "I've signed a petition to bring ENT back fifty times". :laugh:

Which is pointless.

i signed it but, but in the words of some guy that was kinda famous or something(i think it was the host of the Screen Savers): "Alot of people sign petitions, cause they think it will help, but it doesnt matter if theirs a million petitions on the internet, nobody listens to them" I hope enterprise gets on the air, but i dont think a INTERNET petition will help.

300866[/snapback]

Thank you for signing. This petition will be printed off and sent to the appropriate people. Hopefully, they will listen more when they see the amount of paper heading their way.

The petition would only be effective if they had a very large number of people supporting it.

If Paramount saw a petition with 15 million signatures, then they would assume (correctly) that these are not the people watching the show, because if they were, the show would have had higher viewing figures. It's just people making repeat signatures over and over and over again.

I've heard people say on some other sites "I've signed a petition to bring ENT back fifty times".  :laugh:

Which is pointless.

300870[/snapback]

All signatures on the final petition will be unique. Duplicate signatures will be removed in order to ensure that it is accurate.

Unfortunately, paper very rarely sits down and watches TV.

Paramount don't count the "paper section" of the viewing audience when it sees the low viewing figures for ENT.

All signatures on the final petition will be unique. Duplicate signatures will be removed in order to ensure that it is accurate.

Good.

But that would only work if people were not using different names to sign the petition multiple times, which would be as equally pointless as signing with the same name over and over.

300866[/snapback]

Thanks. Signing it does more than doing nothing will.

Unfortunately, paper very rarely sits down and watches TV.

Paramount don't count the "paper section" of the viewing audience when it sees the low viewing figures for ENT.

Good.

But that would only work if people were not using different names to sign the petition multiple times, which would be as equally pointless as signing with the same name over and over.

300873[/snapback]

That has been accounted for by the use of IP address logging which allows us to authenticate signatures as well as to compare anything that is posted that violates site rules to the current members of the boards. As you can see we are much more ethical and organized than you give us credit for.

As you can see we are much more ethical and organized than you give us credit for.

I never accused you or your faction of being unorganised or unethical.

:clap::pinch:

300908[/snapback]

I stand corrected then and apologize. That is the impression that I gained based on the posts that you have made.

I stand corrected then and apologize. That is the impression that I gained based on the posts that you have made.

Apology accepted.

I do recognise that the pro-ENT faction is highly organised, and they are of course ethical and good people. I don't agree with their tastes in regard to this particular incarnation of Star Trek, but their character and intentions are not in question. They want what they consider the best for the franchise as do we.

It's simply a question of numbers IMO. I don't believe there are enough people who support ENT to get it back on the air. Now, if in the unlikely event Paramount said, "We are never producing Star Trek ever again", then it would be a different story, and the entire fanbase would unite for the most part.

Eventually, that's what we must do anyway.

As you can see we are much more ethical and organized than you give us credit for.

I never accused you or your faction of being unorganised or unethical.

:clap::pinch:

300908[/snapback]

300921[/snapback]

Well I am still under that impression.

Mr. Alterego, I can't do anything to change your impressions.

It's a matter of interpretation.

If you think I have some kind of hatred towards the pro-ENT faction, then that is of course your right to think that, but it's certainly not true.

Edited by The King

I tried to add my name and it wouldn't let me :biggrin: But I saw that it was up to 1,777 ! :thumbup:

EDIT: When I viewed before I didn't see the last lot but I just was able to put my petition name on <_<

Edited by Angel of Darkness