Sign in to follow this  
deagletime

Unresolved plot lines

As we all can remeber at the end of season 7 of DS9, all the plot lines finally came together and we had resolution with all our charecters.. but since Enterprise has been cut so abruptly short, how can we expect all the plot lines to be solved? for example

1. Tpol and Trip

2. The mystery man from the future

3. Forming of the Federation

4. The Vulcan Renaissance

5. Romulan War/ Romulan diaspora

6. Vulcan high command/Romulan alliance

Have i missed any? Point is since all the episodes have been written and scheduled according to ST.com, it seems that were gonna be left hanging on these topics for all of eternity... its just like how we have no idea what happened after the 5 year mission of the 1701 (thats canon)... really bums me out thinking about this..

and btw i swear ambassador soval's voice was the mystery man from the future

Edited by deagletime

As we all can remeber at the end of season 7 of DS9, all the plot lines finally came together and we had resolution with all our charecters.. but since Enterprise has been cut so abruptly short, how can we expect all the plot lines to be solved?  for example

1. Tpol and Trip

Have i missed any?  Point is since all the episodes have been written and scheduled according to ST.com, it seems that were gonna be left hanging on these topics for all of eternity...  its just like how we have no idea what happened after the 5 year mission of the 1701 (thats canon)...  really bums me out thinking about this..

300010[/snapback]

Production isn't stopping early. They will be finishing the rest of the season.

But what im saying is that the writters have already planned and written the final 5 episodes and im sure that they were saving some of the subplots for later seasons which will now unfortunately be nonexistent

But what im saying is that the writters have already planned and written the final 5 episodes and im sure that they were saving some of the subplots for later seasons which will now unfortunately be nonexistent

300200[/snapback]

I read somewhere that Rick Berman said that the "series finale" was written as if the series was going to be cancelled. I think he said it would tie things up.

300200[/snapback]

I read somewhere that Rick Berman said that the "series finale" was written as if the series was going to be cancelled. I think he said it would tie things up.

300203[/snapback]

Same here. He said that series finale is almost done when they heard the news thay they where going to cancel it, and they went on the assumed that the show would be cancelled. So I do believe they are trying to wrap up lose ends.

Star Trek Enterprise film

That's a scary thought. <_<

I doubt they'd make a "big screen blockbuster" version of that show.

They could in theory make a lower budget direct-to-DVD movie to tie up loose ends, but why bother wasting more resources and time on a movie based on a failed TV venture?

I think it's a darn shame that 3 seasons was wasted on the Xindi/spherebuilders/ temporal cold war crap...which really didn't have a thing to do with the Historical reasons for the formation of the Federation...it was just all a primer for future B&B projects set in their star trek era- i.e. post TNG/Voyager/DS9. Now i see from the previews of this friday's Enterprise....the Federation is gonna be formed! We skipped right over a Earth/Romulan war .

I think it's a darn shame that 3 seasons was wasted on the Xindi/spherebuilders/ temporal cold war crap...which really didn't have a thing to do with the Historical reasons for the formation of the Federation...it was just  all a primer for future B&B projects set in their star trek era- i.e. post TNG/Voyager/DS9.  Now i see from the previews of this friday's Enterprise....the Federation is gonna be formed! We skipped right over a Earth/Romulan war .

300262[/snapback]

The Federation

Click For Spoiler

As we all can remeber at the end of season 7 of DS9, all the plot lines finally came together and we had resolution with all our charecters.. but since Enterprise has been cut so abruptly short, how can we expect all the plot lines to be solved?  for example

1. Tpol and Trip

1 - Trip/T'Pol has already been resolved this season.

2 - "Future Guy" will likely not be revealed unless one of the last 2 episodes deals with the Sulliban somehow.

3 - According to Trek Lore and Season 3's "Zero Hour," the Federation is formed in 2161, so unless the show runs 11 seasons, we won't see that happen.

4 - The Vulcan Renassiance? Huh?

5 - The Romulan War won't be shown on ENT. Fortunately, it might be featured in the 11th movie if it gets made.

6 - There was never a Vulcan/Romulan alliance. :)

Have i missed any?

The only loose ends are the Sulliban's role in the Temporal Cold War plus who "Future Guy" is. :)

Point is since all the episodes have been written and scheduled according to ST.com, it seems that were gonna be left hanging on these topics for all of eternity...  its just like how we have no idea what happened after the 5 year mission of the 1701 (thats canon)...  really bums me out thinking about this..

We do know whut happens after the 1701's 5-year-mission. Go check out the first 6 movies. :laugh:

Nope, different actor. :look:

1. Tpol and Trip

1 - Trip/T'Pol has already been resolved this season.

2 - "Future Guy" will likely not be revealed unless one of the last 2 episodes deals with the Sulliban somehow.

3 - According to Trek Lore and Season 3's "Zero Hour," the Federation is formed in 2161, so unless the show runs 11 seasons, we won't see that happen.

4 - The Vulcan Renassiance? Huh?

5 - The Romulan War won't be shown on ENT. Fortunately, it might be featured in the 11th movie if it gets made.

6 - There was never a Vulcan/Romulan alliance. :clap:

Have i missed any?

The only loose ends are the Sulliban's role in the Temporal Cold War plus who "Future Guy" is. :pinch:

Point is since all the episodes have been written and scheduled according to ST.com, it seems that were gonna be left hanging on these topics for all of eternity...  its just like how we have no idea what happened after the 5 year mission of the 1701 (thats canon)...   really bums me out thinking about this..

We do know whut happens after the 1701's 5-year-mission. Go check out the first 6 movies. :clap:

Nope, different actor. :)

300829[/snapback]

well maybe i should elaborate

1. Id like to see tpol and trip either get married or what not..

2. I think we agree on future guy

3. I was under the impression that the Fed's would form sometime around season 6 or 7 so that im off

4. Where vulcans start doing mind melds and use that mt selyah as a katra repository (vulcan change in thinking ie renaissance)

5. Looks like we agree on the romulan war thing too

6. VulcanHighCommand/romulan alliance as illuded to in the last scene of Kir'shiara

oh and i always wondered where exactly everyone went immediately after the 5 year mission not just where they were at 20 years after the fact

Star Trek Enterprise film

That's a scary thought. :clap:

I doubt they'd make a "big screen blockbuster" version of that show.

They could in theory make a lower budget direct-to-DVD movie to tie up loose ends, but why bother wasting more resources and time on a movie based on a failed TV venture?

300255[/snapback]

Hey, it lasted 4 seasons. That is not exactly a failure. It lasted one year longer than the original series.

Going back to the subject of the thread. I believe that the most interesting unresolved plot line, 5. Romulan War/ Romulan diaspora could very well be a movie. It could be a blockbuster like Wrath of Khan. This could also show the twist with the Vulcans getting in touch with Logic and Earth becoming the headquarters for the Federation. In fact, it could be more than one movie actually.

A note of apology.....in splitting this thread I accidentally deleted about 11 posts. They were meant to be moved to the split off thread. Two posts were deleted because they fit neither thread.

I apologize for the lost posts.

The new thread is a discussion of UPN, Enterprise, and the ratings.

Please leave this thread as a discussion of unresolved plot lines.

This is how I think they should resolve the storylines in a manner they won't affect the rest of the franchise.

1. Tpol and Trip

Doesn't matter really. It's of no consequence to Trek. So, end the show with those two getting married. Give the show a happy ending.

Reveal him to be a generic Romulan or Cardassian madman from the distant future. Somehow, they kill him or something and he disappears from the entire space-time continuum and is never heard of again.

Don't form the Federation. Use the Trip/T'Pol marriage as an example of cultures "working together" and only mention the possibility of a future union of species. DON'T make the crew of NX-01 responsible for the creation of the Federation. If they do, then this should be ignored in future Trek incarnations.

None of this matters.

None of this matters.

301525[/snapback]

These are all themes in the fourth season that haven't been entirely resolved (the Romulan war is not a direct theme but they are laying the ground work for it). So they may not all be resolved as well as they could have been.

As for the others, Trip/T'pol probably wouldn't have lasted a great deal longer anyway, and that's pretty calm right now. As for Future Guy, I don't think we'll need to know who he is, now that the Temporal Cold War is over for all intents and purposes and with Silik dead it doesn't make sense to bring back the Future Guy.

The formation of the Federation wouldn't have occured even if Enterprise had had a full seven year run. But they'll continue to lay the beginnings of the Federation until the end of this year. Daniels did show Archer that Archer would be involved in the eventual formation but this is no reason to deconanize the series as The King suggested. No previous series has ever said who was directly responsible for the Federation, so it can't contradict anything if Archer plays a role. And right now it's only logical Archer would be involved in some capacity. He commands Earth's strongest ship, and would likely lead the battles in the Romulan War and the war is what sparks the Federation, so Archer would be involved.

Yes, but I believe it would be fitting if some kind of political visionary came up with the concept for the Federation.

Rather than just some Starfleet Captain.

If they portray Archer as one of the main architects of the Federation, that should definately be ignored by future writers.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
They are going to feature a political visionary towards the end of the season who comes up with a trade alliance between the eventual founding members of the Federation.

Click For Spoiler
That would be acceptable.

Archer's role could be as a voice encouraging the Federation's creation, but not the actual creator himself. But Archer as a supporter of a greater alliance would certainly be reasonable, but no other member of the NX-01 crew must be involved. Just Archer.

Edited by The King

I think it's a darn shame that 3 seasons was wasted on the Xindi/spherebuilders/ temporal cold war crap...which really didn't have a thing to do with the Historical reasons for the formation of the Federation...it was just  all a primer for future B&B projects set in their star trek era- i.e. post TNG/Voyager/DS9.  Now i see from the previews of this friday's Enterprise....the Federation is gonna be formed! We skipped right over a Earth/Romulan war .

300262[/snapback]

Hear, hear! That is so true. Had Enterprise been called Star Trek from the start and it had've had more stories based on TOS episodes I would have been more of an avid viewer. Credit for trying, but the producers were trying too hard to be all character building and all new and it just flopped. It was miserable, boring, tedious, irrelevant. You will probably notice I say very little on Enterprise. That is because I think it stinks. It's supposed to be Trek and I switch to a different channel. Now THAT'S bad!!!!

As regards the Trip/T'Pol relationship I've read some spoilers that indicate:

Click For Spoiler
They plan to carry the thing out to the bitter end. Indeed, we can infer from the Aenar that it's influencing his decisions - ie leaving Star Fleet's flagship to get away from her. But from what I've read that won't be the end of it.

Anyway, my apologies to fans but that plot development is one of the reasons I just can't force myself to write letters to save this show. :biggrin:

As regards the Trip/T'Pol relationship I've read some spoilers that indicate:

Click For Spoiler

302766[/snapback]

I must say that Enterprise is the show I am writing to support with more 'in spite of' behind it than I can say. Enterprise is the one Star Trek I will not be buying season DVD's of, specifically because of the relationship that developed in season three. But I wil still write letters on its behalf.