Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

It's Official: ENTERPRISE cancelled...

OK... It's not over until Mayweather sings and he is not singing yet. King just to let you know that with how many people are for Enterprise and that fact I spent 15 mins on radio in the western Wahington area trying to get people to go save Enterprise there is still a chance for it to stay.

King just to let you know that with how many people are for Enterprise and that fact I spent 15 mins on radio in the western Wahington area trying to get people to go save Enterprise there is still a chance for it to stay.

If there were as many people fighting to save the show as pro-ENT people would hope, then it wouldn't have failed so badly and bombed in the ratings.

There is no chance of ENT staying, certainly regarding new episodes.

When the pro-ENT lobby realise this, then collectively, the Trek fan community can put pressure on Paramount for leadership change and better treatment for Star Trek in the future.

If they come back too soon with another bad movie or another bad series, then it's over for Star Trek.

Careful thought and consideration must be given now to how Star Trek is written, presented and marketed in the future. But we must let Trek rest for a few years.

*sigh* I'm torn..I enjoyed enterprise..just never commited to it fully, good thing is...that star trek wont be "over" forever...and when it comes back, we'll all be ready. They did a good job.

Look at it this way. The reruns will go to syndication and have the highest ratings ever. The original series only had three seasons.

I was expecting this cancellation. It is no surprise. This is not the end. Trek will return. It just needs to be on syndication for better ratings. NBC tried to kill it and now UPN. But it will not die.

the franchise which to be honest has been struggling even before ENT came along.

300223[/snapback]

Well, if a franchise is failing, and you had another show in the series going on, what would you do? Personally, I would cancel it, and merge it into a new, better version. Since the start Enterprise has been considered a thorn in the side of Star Trek. You can't save a franchise with a thorn. So, Enterprise is cancelled, but if they don't announce a new series in the next month, We're going to make sure they never hear the end of it! :laugh:

the franchise which to be honest has been struggling even before ENT came along.

300223[/snapback]

Well, if a franchise is failing, and you had another show in the series going on, what would you do? Personally, I would cancel it, and merge it into a new, better version. Since the start Enterprise has been considered a thorn in the side of Star Trek. You can't save a franchise with a thorn. So, Enterprise is cancelled, but if they don't announce a new series in the next month, We're going to make sure they never hear the end of it! :laugh:

300516[/snapback]

If Enterprise isn't saved, there won't be another series for at least a few years.

Well, if a franchise is failing, and you had another show in the series going on, what would you do?

You make certain that the show you are broadcasting is very strong and doesn't bleed its viewing audience.

Personally, I would cancel it, and merge it into a new, better version.

ENT cannot be merged into anything else. The "new, better version" would have the dead weight of ENT attached to it under that plan. It's like trying to swim with a concrete block tied to your feet.

Since the start Enterprise has been considered a thorn in the side of Star Trek.

That's because a lot of people watched the first few episodes and thought "Uh Oh".

So, Enterprise is cancelled, but if they don't announce a new series in the next month, We're going to make sure they never hear the end of it! 

A MONTH????

Oh no no no.

There won't be a new Trek series for YEARS, not months.

Edited by The King

I think it was promoted well enough.

No blame on the actors. They just didn't have good characters to work with.

Much blame on the writers and Berman and Braga. They are in charge of the creative side and it was very weak, so they bear the responsibility.

The rest of the blame goes to Paramount for not hiring creative writers, for keeping things stale in Star Trek, for throwing money at failed movies, for alienating the past creative geniuses who left the franchise after DS9 ended, for oversaturating the viewer with Trek, for not being bold and creative, for allowing the franchise to be dumbed down and removed from the intelligence it used to have.

Unless things change at Paramount for the better, I don't want Star Trek to come back, because if it does and the problems are not dealt with, then say goodbye to Star Trek forever.

First thing that needs to be done? Fire Berman and Braga immediately and rest the franchise for five years. Let the hunger build, get the ideas and writers together, build the new creative foundations, then refresh the concepts and how they are presented and structured.

299864[/snapback]

Great. What area they doing to us trekies. There like killing us.

Great. What area they doing to us trekies. There like killing us.

The problem is that Paramount think that the Trek fan community will accept any old rubbish as long as it says "Star Trek" on it, or has anything to do with it.

They are quite mistaken. :laugh:

After this season, this will be one of those years of silence. What's going to happen to Trek? When TOS ended, we wondered would happen to Trek. What's happening to UPN? What is Paramount doing? I sometimes wonder why they promote and keep programs that no one watches on Mondays, but dangle out their high-rated shows out the window.

but dangle out their high-rated shows out the window

Curiously this happens in the UK too.

Sky never promote the WWE even though it's been it's number one rated program every year since 1989.

It bemuses me. :laugh:

The petition is going very well. We've gotten over 800 signatures in less than 2 days. This is a very good sign for the future of Enterprise.

I have to agree that I am not suprised at all with them cancelling enterprise. I did think that the show was getting so much better this year with only a few exceptions. I do have a thought. It takes a while to start a new show I was thinking that they gave enterprise one more season one to make enough for reruns but also so I think for more time to develop a new show. I just don't see them waiting years to start a new show. Yes I did read the quote saying that they would wait but to me their is to many little things pointing to ether enterprise going into first run or a new trek show. Me I understand why people want a time off but I like having new shows to look forward to. I can really tell that upn had no intention to give enterprise a chance putting it aginst stargate. Maybe with the next show they will learn their leason and start the new show with first run. If it is a new show I would still love to see new frointer as the idea. There is a bunch of ideas already written that I as a fan of the books would love to see. IMHO

one reason why it had low ratings is because not everyone had UPN, like me. I haven't seen one episode of Enterprise and have to wait for the DVDs until I can see it. They should have been on NBC or some other station that most people have. The Scifi Channel would have been a better choice. Oh well