Sign in to follow this  
Lubak10

It's Official: ENTERPRISE cancelled...

Yes it's true but DON'T PANIC!

From the link... (in bold)

Star Trek: Enterprise Cancelled!

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...

PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

The odds are good CBS (or someone) will pick it up...

This is almost certainly the end of the show. Though they did say "on UPN," the term "series finale" was used. Besides that, they're ending production altogether. Paramount holds the purse-strings for this show, so their removing it from their own network pretty much seals ENT's fate.

Let us mourn in peace for a few days, King. :nono:

And this on Brent Spiner's birthday, no less. <_<

Well, I wish him a happy birthday, because he's a great actor. <_<

It's a conflicted day for me.

On one hand, it's unfortunate, because I know a lot of people here liked that show.

On the other hand, I felt it was bringing the franchise down, so this is a great day.

It's a shame they're being cancelled after their best season - I think as long as Trek belongs to UPN it is doomed.

I hope the actors will be able to find new jobs - there was real talent in that cast(and some not so great) but I wish them all well.

This is sad news for me. It was the only network show that I would sit thru the commercials for. Amazing that it happens during their best season..I can only hope that someone else will want to pick it up..If not, we had 4 good seasons..

I'm really disappointed about this, yes I know there's a lot of trek fans don't much care for it, but I did. And with season four it was just really getting in to the swing of things (all credit to Manny Coto) and I recall one or two of the others took this long to really get going also. I think B&B are partly to blame for this and UPN also. Where they go from here, who knows...........good luck to all the cast, they deserve it.

And never give up hope, it is possible however remote that another network may yet pick it up. if the fans clamour on long enough...........look at what the Farscape fans helped to achieve - they got Peacekeeper Wars, and Joss Whedons Firefly got a movie after only 14 episodes...........

After four seasons, Star Trek: Enterprise has reached the end of its mission ...

PRESS RELEASE

UPN and Paramount Network Television have jointly announced that this will be the final season of Star Trek: Enterprise on UPN. [Production will continue until the end of this season, which will finish shooting in March.] The series finale will air on Friday, May 13, 2005.

299812[/snapback]

Check this out. <_<

PRESS RELEASE

299812[/snapback]

Check this out. <_<

299830[/snapback]

Well CRAP! There goes my last once of hope. Slipping into depression...

I'm really depressed now. I'm having a hard time accepting that this is the last season for Enterprise.. <_<

On the other hand, I felt it was bringing the franchise down, so this is a great day.

299820[/snapback]

Sorry King but you are talking absolute rubbish, cancelling Enterprise will seriously weaken the entire franchise, how can that be a great day for any Star Trek franchise?

I am very dissapointed with the cancellation of Enterprise. I thought for sure the series would go on to seven seasons. Especially since this season has been the best of all. I could've sworn that the everyone was pleased. Paramount should have given the series up for syndication a long time ago.

I hate that this happened but I expected it. The vast improvements made this season were too little too late after all. Concentrating on show content should have been the first priority and should not have occured after the show was under the gun. I do think one of the reasons of the cancellation was UPN. Another is a shift in society's tastes (not for the better imo).

This is sad news. Its ashame that such a good show is coming to an end. I for one will miss it.

299823[/snapback]

:nono::b-day: Me too!! <_< :nono:

I hate that this happened but I expected it. The vast improvements made this season were too little too late after all.  Concentrating on show content should have been the first priority and should not have occured after the show was under the gun.  I do think one of the reasons of the cancellation was UPN. Another is a shift in society's tastes (not for the better imo).

299842[/snapback]

Agreed. I think some people now-a-days want their sci-fi to be more like a soap than a science fiction show.

I think people still want intelligent dignified Star Trek.

It's just that Rick Berman and Brannon Braga completely misjudged the situation and thought "No, the fans don't want that" and they should pay for that with their jobs.

^

^

^Look I even used the Enterprise logo! I never have used a non Voyager one before! :nono:

This is so sad!!! :b-day: We should have a memorial service in the chatroom... This is all right after I was starting to like it!!! <_<

I'm really sorry for all of you people who liked Enterprise. I never liked it at all, but I've had shows pulled out from under me in just about every genre that I was heartbroken over ... Homefront, American Gothic, The Single Guy, etc. etc.

My sympathies to all of you. UPN killed your show, if you ask me. B & B had a major hand in it also. Not to mention the general moronic decline in the intelligence of the television viewing audience. As long as Fear Factor, Nip/Tuck, The Apprentice, The Bachelor, Survivor, The Surreal Life, Cheaters, Cops and any number of other "reality" shows continue to play to the lowest of the low-brow viewers, good shows will continually go by the wayside.

Think of the writers, actors, and other production crew members those stupid reality shows put out of work the next time you tune-in to one of them. I've canceled cable I'm so sick of it all.

It's curious actually when I think about it.

UPN recently announced they have not renewed their contract with the WWE to broadcast WWE Smackdown, which was their highest rated show.

They have also allowed since 1994, their prized asset franchise Star Trek to decline to the point of death.

What kind of morons are running that company?

It's a strange business strategy that seems to aim for LOSING viewers and making very little profit.

A very odd approach. <_<

Rational thinking would say, if other channels are showing these crappy reality TV shows, then why not create an alternative for those who DON'T want to watch that sort of programming. Star Trek would be that alternative if it were given the right attention and the creative ideas and concepts were strong enough.

TV shows like the Sopranos, 24, the West Wing, etc shows that there is an audience out there for serious and intelligent programming.

Obviously, rational thinking has been absent in Paramount's offices for quite some time.

I'd have more hope if it didn't mention that Paramount pictures agreed to the cancellation.

I, too, am very depressed. Enterprise was my first opportunity to follow a Star Trek series from the beginning after coming back into Trek. I'm sure I'll get it on DVD.

This is a great loss to Star Trek history. There were so many events that Enterprise could have let us see. The founding of the Federation, the Romulan war, and so many countless others that we'll never know. We knew how history turned out, but it would have been nice to see it happen. That's what made Enterprise such an interesting idea. Sure, it stepped on a few continuity issues here and there but what series hasn't?

I would just like to express my opinion that I don't think any blame should fall on the actors and the writers for the most part. I really don't even blame B and B, granted they didn't get do a great job. I blame on UPN, they didn't promote the series. It may have cost a lot to produce but it wouldn't have been as bad if they promoted the series.

The good news is that Enterprise will be syndicated in 90% of the U.S. next season. Hopefully it does well enough there to maybe warrant some form of resurrection.

In the mean time, maybe SaveEnterprise.com will be able to pull something off. Its a long shot. It's going to be really weird not having new Star Trek next year. This also stinks because the upcoming ep, Through a Mirror Darkly (Part 2) would have been the 700th episode of Star Trek (that's not counting The Cage). With The Cage, part one is 700.

I think it was promoted well enough.

No blame on the actors. They just didn't have good characters to work with.

Much blame on the writers and Berman and Braga. They are in charge of the creative side and it was very weak, so they bear the responsibility.

The rest of the blame goes to Paramount for not hiring creative writers, for keeping things stale in Star Trek, for throwing money at failed movies, for alienating the past creative geniuses who left the franchise after DS9 ended, for oversaturating the viewer with Trek, for not being bold and creative, for allowing the franchise to be dumbed down and removed from the intelligence it used to have.

Unless things change at Paramount for the better, I don't want Star Trek to come back, because if it does and the problems are not dealt with, then say goodbye to Star Trek forever.

First thing that needs to be done? Fire Berman and Braga immediately and rest the franchise for five years. Let the hunger build, get the ideas and writers together, build the new creative foundations, then refresh the concepts and how they are presented and structured.

Edited by The King