Sign in to follow this  
My_Star

Emotions watching last episode..

well maybe u all will think that this post is wierd but wenn i watch last episode of Voyager i get depresed.... what do u think im a some kind of wierdoo or.. it hapenes 2 me bout all ST final epi :lol: sodes

well maybe u all will think that this post is wierd but wenn i watch last episode of Voyager i get depresed.... what do u think im a some kind of wierdoo or.. it hapenes 2 me bout all ST final epi :lol: sodes

Certainly understandable..It is because it's the last episode of the series..Last episodes of all the trek series have depressed me as well..To this day I refuse to re-watch the last episode of DS9..I was sick for a full month after I first watched it.. :lol:

Well I haven't seen any final episodes yet, but whenever I finish a season of DS9 I feel separation anxiety until I get the next one. :fear:

But I'm sure I'll be pretty torn from watching the last episode of DS9, after buying the seasons and watching it from first episode to last, I guess I'll have to buy Voyager of Enterprise seasons... But what when I finish those? :lol: Oh sea trooper don't want Star Trek to end! :lol:

Edited by sea trooper

DS9 has a very good final episode. The "flashbacks" were very poignant, and the final scene with Kira and Jake looking out of the window and the camera pulled back until the station was a tiny point of light in space just basically symbolised what Deep Space Nine as a TV show always was.

Graceful and dignified.

Exactly what Star Trek should be. :lol: :lol: B)

I didn't like the DS9 finale..I was very saddened by it and I was sick over it for a good month..I've talked about this in the DS9 forum before..A lot of it had to do with it being the very last episode of DS9 and I didn't want it to end...Then again, every last episode of a series depresses me to a certain extent..It's the end of that series.. So I understand what My_Star was saying about the last episode of Voyager. It's the same with every last episode for me..:lol:

The DS9 finally is good and all but I still feel it was a bit of a glorified clip show. (Lots of flashbacks and a lot of the battle scenes were reused). I'd be interested if someone could determine how much of the finale was new footage. I wouldn't be surprised if at least 10% of the finale was reused footage. Not to take anything away from What You Leave Behind.

As for the other finales, All Good Things will always be my favourite and Endgame was good but I agree with most people in that they could have used a little more closure.

I have to agree the last show of DS9 was depressing as was next gen but for Voyager it left my wanting. I have always thought that for one they should have done something else. I really did not like the Janeway coming back thing but if they did keep the same plot I thought they spent to much time in the future so when they finaly got back they had no time to see what happens to everybody once they get home. At least IMHO.

I thought it was a fine final episode but how VOY all just suddenly ended with a single swipe of the pen (one week we're still years away from Earth then the next we've been home for years?) distracted me from really enjoying it.

Everybody's like "'bin there, done that..." and i'm like "what happened? what's that?"

I haven't whatched hardly any other episodes other than TNG and VOY. I watched TOS for the first time the other week :lol: .

I had tears in my eyes when I watched Nemesis though.

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

Bah you're all talking about the DS9 finale AAAAAHHHHHHH! :kwasny:

299785[/snapback]

No I wasn't, I was talking about ENDGAME.

299790[/snapback]

Other people were. :lol:

Bah you're all talking about the DS9 finale AAAAAHHHHHHH! :kwasny:

299785[/snapback]

No I wasn't, I was talking about ENDGAME.

299790[/snapback]

Other people were. :lol:

299796[/snapback]

But you said "you're all" are and I was not. :lol: B)

I guess I'm a masochist... because I also feel sad after watching the series finale for all three (TNG, DS9, and VOY), but I enjoy them too much not to watch them.

TNG saddened me, but everytime I watch it, I know that it didn't end there, the movies followed. DS9 was a very good ending too.. sad that Sisko became a Celestial Temple Alien, but hey it came to full circle with his story-line. Closure was good, but since I picked up the novels after, I could see where a mini-series (Based on Unity) could come in handy. And END GAME was my favorite of all! I loved the fact that they made it home. Another Circle completed in my eyes. And the Novel series after that "Homecoming" filled in the gap for me (Also another Mini-series that could be made).

So don't be distraught... You could always mourn the demise of Enterprise.

<_<

I was in tears by the end of Endgame. I loved it.

I think it's a mark of a good TV show when you really come to care about the characters and empathise with them. So it was with me and Voyager. I was so glad to see them get home.

But then I'm just sentimental like that.

I've yet to see the TNG finale (working my way through the series!) and I don't watch DS9. But I certainly hope I'll be as pleased as I was with the conclusion of Voyager.

I think when you enjoy a series, and you know this is the ending of it.......THERE WILL BE NO MORE....you are bound to be sad about it. I remember reading the feelings expressed by the cast from Voyager , regarding how difficult it was for them during the make of that final episode.

I thought it was a fine final episode but how VOY all just suddenly ended with a single swipe of the pen (one week we're still years away from Earth  then the next we've been home for years?) distracted me from really enjoying it. 

299763[/snapback]

that's exactly how I feel. It was pretty bad how the whole ending was just wrapped up in a neat little package all of a sudden, in just 1 two parter episode. It felt really rushed. So many things squished in. It left me wanting more. They should have had them on Earth or something, that way it would emphasise that they all got home. I dunno I would have liked it differently but it wasnt bad.

Homecoming and Father Shore help dull the pain (books by Chrisitine Golden)... the first pages of homecoming made me teary eyed in joy as u find out what happens to voyager once they make it home

"We did it - we really did it..." 'twas a while before i saw ENDGAME in rerun, and I thought it was well done - it did leave one hanging, though - hmm, movie anyone?