Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

"Justice League of Star Trek" movies

Would you have liked to see a movie made based on this idea?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Would you have liked to see a movie made based on this idea?

• Yes, I find it intriguing
    • Maybe, depends on the script
    • No, I don't think they could pull it off

The following quote is from an interview Brent Spiner did for issue 119 of Star Trek Magazine (UK) in which he is speaking about the idea for Star Trek XI that he, Patrick Stewart and Rick Berman had been kicking around. What do you think? Would you have been interested in seeing this?

“It had something to do with using everyone and doing a kind of amalgamation,” Spiner reveals. “If you put it in comic book terms it'd be like doing the Justice League of Star Trek movies. We'd use all of the major villains we've had and all of the major Star Trek figures we've had, and we'd have a huge, massive encounter. That would have been cool. I think everyone was assuming (that the idea) was a B-4 story, but that had been done. I don't think that was going to happen again in another Star Trek movie. I think that was just to give some hope for the future. You have to remember that we wrote Nemesis thinking it was our last movie.”

I don't think so...

Click For Spoiler
The only Justice League part would be Sisko, who the Green Lantern kinda models after, in the hair sense :)

bottom line is that its an ODD number movie and the odds of production after nemesis are pretty bad

(according to ST folklore STI,III,V,VII-gen,and IX-insur were just the worst)

I do not know... honestly. I know it was an idea of Brent's, but still I am not sure.

amalgamation

:laugh: Sorry but everytime I see this word all I can think is: "Why are they talking about zinc mercuride (ZnHg amalgam)?? I guess it is me letting chemistry class get to my head again.... ok, back to the topic at hand.....

Edited by Yillara_Soong

A Justice League-type move... no. You could only use one cast and make it believable. To use all casts, or at least a couple, would take away from the realisticness of the series, and start phasing Star Trek from science fiction t science fantasy.

I do not know... honestly. I know it was an idea of Brent's, but still I am not sure.

amalgamation

:) Sorry but everytime I see this word all I can think is: "Why are they talking about zinc mercuride (ZnHg amalgam)?? I guess it is me letting chemistry class get to my head again.... ok, back to the topic at hand.....

300714[/snapback]

Zinc mercuride o.O That stuffs poisonous isn't it? I hope they're not talking about it and relating it to Star Trek, usually it ends up as "Well, he took some zinc mercuride and..."

Its a lowsy general idea, but keep in mind that no one hear would be willing to take in a movie which sees the crew going back in time with a stolen ship and stealing a pair of whales to save Earth from a giant column probe. It all depends on how gentle tptb are with the movie.

I kind of did this already in 'Generations' by getting Kirk and Picard together, it's a nice idea but I doubt it would work.

I kind of did this already in 'Generations' by getting Kirk and Picard together, it's a nice idea but I doubt it would work.

302014[/snapback]

Good point. I hold 'Generations' as one of the best Trek films.

An odd preface needs a few things

1.) Utter sincerity (don't make it satirical or cheesy)

2.)There must be a logical reason for everything (even if it seems a little bogus)

3.)Not Everything can be a case of Serendipity

I'm sure there are several things that belong here, but i can't think of them now.