Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

What rating do you give "Babel One"?

What rating do you give "Babel One"?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. What rating do you give "Babel One"?

Very cool episode.

I'd have given it a 10 if it had been a 1 part episode instead of multi-part. This is the direction that Enterprise needs to go in.

Click For Spoiler

I assume this is the episode that ended a few minutes ago?

It was fantastic! 10.

I loved this episode too. I'm really looking forward to the next two parts of this arc.

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
Good but not great....I too took off points for the "to be continued" I'm getting tired of that.

I agree with Takara that the scene with Trip and Archer was priceless. Archer got one over on Trip and Archer's smile was great. I love those character touches they've been adding this season.

I noticed too they brought up Malcolm's remark about T'Pol's bum from Shuttlepod One.

I know much has been made about Klingon forehead ridges but what about these Romulans who look more like a David Boreanz vampire than the TOS Romulans?

I guess no Malcolm and Talas in the future :)

Pretty good, not the best though.

Click For Spoiler
Why don't the romulans have a cloaking device on the thing?

Click For Spoiler

298956[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
Why don't the romulans have a cloaking device on the thing?

298956[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Because cloaking technology wasn't around yet. According to the Star Trek Encyclopedia the first known example of a practical cloaking device was used by the Roumulas in 2266 (TOS' Balance of Terror).

298998[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler
Recall that in Minefield the Romulans decloaked indicating a cloaking device
Edited by WEAREBORG4102

I thought it was great, though I can't decide on a numerical value. Ah heck, 10!

Click For Spoiler
Excellent ending, when I saw the guy look out the window I though escape pod maybe, but then I saw (looked like the Romulan Senate building) and I was caught completely off guard! But, I was disappointed that it was a To-Be-Continued thing. I loved seeing Humans, Andorians, Vulcans, and Tellarites on the same ship interacting with one another. I hate it when races that are supposed to be important to Star Trek are ignored, like the Andorians and Tellarites have been.

I also like the way they are taking the formation of the Federation. I don't think they will jump the gun with the alliance though. When Archer mentioned how the Romulans are getting involved becasue they are scared of an alliance, I agreed totally. This can get all the races on good terms and then the war with the Romualns will be the catalyst to creating the Federation. Great banter between Trip and Malcom too, just the guys talking when no one else is around. "What are you, her father?" Ha, that was great. Sounds like Reed still has a thing for T'Pol.

9.55, Ie halfway between Home (9.5) and Similitude(9.6)

Click For Spoiler
There were two hints about the ship:

1. that there was no intertial dampeners/stabalizers

and

2. the Cameras on the ship, something that has been seen only twice (Once in TOS when the guy trys to frame Kirk and once it ST4, as they showed the events of ST3)

Click For Spoiler

299049[/snapback]

Okay, I forgot about that. Here's a better answer:

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Takara_Soong

A 9.5

I was seriously very impressed with this episode.

Click For Spoiler
As for the cloaking bit, the point was to be able to masquerade as an Andorian or Tellerite ship so as to inflame tensions. This ship's designers wanted it to be seen in one guise or another to start a war. Cloaking it isn't vital. It's ability to change its appearance was

I gave it a 8.5. The episode was good but...

Click For Spoiler
Why did the Romulans look the way that they did? In TOS they looked exactly like the Vulcans and did not change until TNG which may be somwhat acceptable. They have not been away from Vulcan long enough to have changed that much. I also have my doubts about the Romulan Cloak too. It was stated in the Balance of Terror that the cloaking device was new and they were uncertain on how to deal with it. How will the fledgling Star Fleet defeat a fleet with this technology in the 22nd century? I think the fact that the romulan ship was remote controlled and used hologaphic images other technologies mad it a prototype to the cloak.

I gave it a 8.5. The episode was good but...

Click For Spoiler

299356[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Sign in to follow this