Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Woot

I've quoted the last scene in the 1996 TV-movie of “Doctor Who” a couple times out of random lack of a better thing to do....

Time.... Time.... Time.... Time....

But, generally, no one gets the reference.

I quote various other stuff to myself too. B)

H.P. Lovecraft, The Prisoner, TRHPS, Douglas Adams, The Twilight Zone, Firefly, and some other things.... And Monty Python, of course.

I've been known to say “prole”, “n00b”, and “kniggit*” in public, and I use adverbs like “thither” and “hitherto” sometimes.

O yes, and I use Newspeak words, such as those that require the prefix of “doubleplus—” or the suffix of “—wise”.

post-812-1095566621.gif

This includes “empty-headed food-trough wiper” and “son of a silly person”, among others...

I sometimes use words from - or words that sound like - "Newspeak". When something is incredibly boring and/or repetitive, I'll sometimes say "the.....larch", and I like to use "wink wink, nudge nudge, say no more", and (after a disagreeable exchange) "...or I will taunt you a second time!", all from Monty Python. And there's "smoke me a kipper - I'll be back for breakfast" from "Red Dwarf", and "Make it so".

I say woots too! I thought it was so funny when I heard it. I also say many LOTR related things such as elen sila lumenn omentielvo, namarie, nadhr tithen, many gollum quotes and impersonations, my precious! He hurts us precious, nasty mean hobbitses, come hobbitses, don't follow the lights! etc.

WE ARE THE KNIGHTS WHO SAY NI!!!

RUN AWAY!!!!

I'M BEING REPRESSED!!!!

etc..

also some random Star Trek references....

i get a lot o' flak for picking up 'out of country' slang, like "g'day & mate" (aussie), "cheers" (uk), "y'all"(texas), and the biggest, "bloody hell" (uk a'gin) - and those're just the ones in english! ... others, like "tabernac" and "k'is'amaq" (french and arabic?), people just let go 'cause i'm me, and they don't know what the h**l i'm sayin' - 'tis opportunistic, that's all - here in tronno, CAN, there's just everybody, and everybody's trading words - oh yeah, i almost forgot "hung-mao"...'tis mandarin for "big noses" :)

I say "dot dot dot" a lot... Also I say "Ult?h?" a lot. But the "t?h?" is pronounced by putting your tounge on the roof of your mouth right where the roof of your mouth meets your teeth. Then blow. Try it. Say it.

Some things I quote from movies.. some people get the reference, some do not.

I tend to quote the movie "Drop Dead Gorgeous" a lot. Especially when at work, and almost always doing the impersonation of the person who says it.

When someone abruptly calls my name. "Whatever it is, I swear it is NOT my fault"

Gershmerkamertian. (Has to do with my sister & I naming a stuffed animal that)