Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Christiantrekfan

The Star Trek Club of Dailyville

Hi! I am starting a story, or whatever you want to call it, about the Star Trek Club of Dailyville. It's a story about a Star Trek Club in a small town where most everyone hates Star Trek except for the few choice people in the club. Obviously, this causes tension between them and the rest of the town. Join in whenever you want!

Kathy Spencer, 22, cleared her throat as she stepped up to the small podium at the front of the small spare room at the back of the town library. Today was the first official meeting of the Dailyville Star Trek Club, and she was the founder.

"Excuse me," she said, rapping her knuckles on the wood of the podium to get the attention of the group of people in the room, which numbered about twenty or so. "Your attention, please," she called. When the rather rowdy group finally settled down, she continued.

"As you know, this is our first meeting, and we have some important decisions to make. We need to vote for president and other officers-"

Someone interrupted her before she could go on,"No need to do that, Kathy," they called. "Everybody knows you'll be the president!"

Kathy smiled as she looked at her best friend, Samantha, who sat in the front row. "Don't jump to conclusions, Sam," she said. "Anyone of us here could end up in any of the offices.

Samantha smiled. "Yeah, but your the biggest Trek freak in town and we all agree about it!"

Kathy rolled her eyes at her friend. "Whatever. Anyway, can we get back to business, now?"

A wave of laughter passed through the tiny crowd, and Sam said, "Sure."

"Thank you," Kathy said, sighing. "Now, as Samantha has made so clear to us, the first thing we need to do is vote for officers. Who would like to run? And for what office?"

Hey guys, I know you're reading this, so why aren't you joining in? That's what I started this for. Besides, I'm not writing this thing by myself! That wouldn't be any fun! Come on, make up a character and jump in. I even made up a second character, Samantha, for someone to use. Where are you people?