Sign in to follow this  
A l t e r E g o

Are you not a fan of ENTERPRISE?

Please revisit the show for the rest of this season new episodes, you may be surprised with the turn-around Manny Coto is achieving with the show.

If you won't do it for your self will you please do it for those of us who like ENT? The show is at its last chance to garner some decent ratings or it's going away and most likely any chances for more Treks being made soon may go with it.

Trek needs all the support it can get right now so I'm BEGGING you, B) will you please at least give it one more chance and watch the rest of this season?

A little visual spoiler teaser of something up-coming on ENT

Click For Spoiler

Note: AE, apparently SaveEnterprise had been asked to remove the images your link went to. I however found two at another site and have put them in the spoiler.

Takara

Edited by Takara_Soong

Agreed. Enterprise has improved dramatically the last 2 seasons and especially this season. All of these so-called Trek fans who refuse to watch it is doing a disservice to both themselves and to the franchise.

The first 2 seasons of TNG were marginal at best if not downright bad. We stuck with it and it too improved greatly in its 3rd season. Enterprise should be given the same opportunity

B)

I understand your exasperation Kor but please don't flame the people I am trying to bring back to the show.

Uh, ignore him folks, I know you were/are within your right not to like the show.

What do you say to giving it one more chance, okay?

Well, I will set aside my anger and frustration for this upcoming season, but they better deliver something of a very high standard, and I mean "Deep Space Nine" quality.

B) B) B)

Well, I will set aside my anger and frustration for this upcoming season, but they better deliver something of a very high standard, and I mean "Deep Space Nine" quality.

B)  B)  B)

298360[/snapback]

Since when was DS9 better than Enterprise? Enterprise is superior imo because it is closer in feel to the original series. Personally I hope it stays away from the "quality" of DS9.

As an aside, Manny Coto seems to be doing wonders for the show by taking it closer to its roots.

Since when was DS9 better than Enterprise?

Since I said it was.

IMO Deep Space Nine is the best Trek series of them all in terms of quality. ENT is the worst.

Personally I hope it stays away from the "quality" of DS9.

If it does, Star Trek is going to be in even deeper trouble than it already is.

Since when was DS9 better than Enterprise?

Since I said it was.

IMO Deep Space Nine is the best Trek series of them all in terms of quality. ENT is the worst.

Personally I hope it stays away from the "quality" of DS9.

If it does, Star Trek is going to be in even deeper trouble than it already is.

298368[/snapback]

Can I ask, are you a fan of TOS? It seems to me to be a trend that those who dislike Enterprise are perhaps more versed in the more recent television versions.

I am a fan of The Original Series.

More I would say, I'm a fan of the original "characters".

I had high hopes for ENT originally, but I after watching it, I felt it would take Trek to the brink of death, then along came NEM, and I became even more convinced that the franchise is in a precarious state.

Edited by The King

I am a fan of The Original Series.

More I would say, I'm a fan of the original "characters".

I had high hopes for ENT originally, but I after watching it, I felt it would take Trek to the brink of death, then along came NEM, and I became even more convinced that the franchise is in a precarious state.

298371[/snapback]

I was brought up on Star Trek at a time when there was no need to say 'TOS' because there was only one Star Trek. For me that has always remained what I consider to be the definative version or formula, which is why I tend to like Enterprise.

Of the people I have spoken to, those who like TOS the most are big fans of Enterprise and see it as a return to form. Those who dislike it are those people who started watching during the run of DS9, at a time when Trek was focused more on overt character interelationships than other aspects that had come together in the original series.

I must stress that this is only my personal observation from the people I have spoken to, however I have to agree with those who state that Enterprise has a closer feel to TOS and that is why some of the more modern fanbase are unsure of the show. This may not apply to you but it is an interesting observation that does seem to apply in a few cases.

Well, watching ENT, I see very little that is remaniscent of TOS.

The interplay and warmth between characters, the issues in the stories, the respect shown for the viewer.

It's just not there.

I feel that the premise was weak from the start, though like I said, I was hoping for the best. Like VOY, it was dependent on having superbly written characters. It failed to achieve that, just like VOY.

alterego, if it makes you feel any better I use to hate enterprise, but this season (from the augment arc onward) I can hardly wait for the next episode!

I don't think enterprise WILL be saved, but I think coto has proven it is worth saving.

If it had been in syndication I think it would have had a fighting chance to turn it around.

I have to agree with that.

UPN is a crap network anyway, and Paramount made a mistake creating it and then placing it's survival on Star Trek's shoulders.

ENT was never going to be strong enough to carry an entire network, but by being sold in syndication, some of the pressure would have been relieved, even though that's only part of the problem.

alterego, if it makes you feel any better I use to hate enterprise, but this season (from the augment arc onward) I can hardly wait for the next episode!

I don't think enterprise WILL be saved, but I think coto has proven it is worth saving.

If it had been in syndication I think it would have had a fighting chance to turn it around.

298378[/snapback]

Thanks it does, I hope millions of other fans feel the same way.

I agree it's worth saving now more than ever but I hope you're wrong about it not being saved. *Prays again*

Well, watching ENT, I see very little that is remaniscent of TOS.

I guess I like the fact that the show is not just one large computer game that it became in the last few series with action only there to bolster weak plots, and after all, while Star Trek was always about action and conflict to some degree, it was never about all out war as shown in DS9 and to some degree in Voyager.

I also like the fact that Enterprise has several major plots. In DS9 and Voyager these shows had one major plot that carried the series but sometimes made it less varied.

Looking for further comparisons, in Enterprise we are seeing the return of some classic aliens that somehow seem to make the universe look more exotic and interesting than the plain "ridge-nosed" type each week.

In Enterprise we can also see an inner group of main characters emerge as Archer, T'Pol and Trip's unit, while very different, reflect the Kirk, Spock and McCoy triad.

The technology of the ship is taken less forgranted in Enterprise and this again puts more focus on the plot, stopping the need to constantly create new impregnable devices i.e. the metal shielding from the last episode of Voyager seemed too stretched to me.

I have to agree with that.

UPN is a crap network anyway, and Paramount made a mistake creating it and then placing it's survival on Star Trek's shoulders.

ENT was never going to be strong enough to carry an entire network, but by being sold in syndication, some of the pressure would have been relieved, even though that's only part of the problem.

298381[/snapback]

This May Be A Long Shot, But IMO, SmackDown Has Bee Helping Keep UPN Afloat Aswell.

Well, I agree that I prefer strong stories to too many special effects, although a sci-fi show like Star Trek means that special effects are part of the territory. DS9 did feature a lot of combat, but it was part of a greater story and it was never there for the sake of being there. It was always essential.

Exotic aliens are a good thing, but I prefer simpler make-up. It allow emphasis to be placed on character rather than looks, and also from a budget perspective, it's cheaper.

Reason I Like DS9 As My Favorite Series Is Cause Of How Different It Was. For Me Atleats, It Was One Of The Times Chnage Was Good. I"ve Been Watching It On DVD Alot And I Had Forgot About All The Other Little Things Going On During The Build Up To The War. Now, I'm Not Saying I Don't Like Other Treks, Just That I Enjoy Serialized Trek More.

Anyways...I'd Really Love To See Enterprise Newned For A 5th Season, Especially The Way This Season's Been Going B)

Edited by Sam The Smuggler

I don't see why enterprise has to be like any one trek. Why not combine the best of all of them.

TOS frontier adventure, strong friendships, and stories that confront current issues

TNG an ensemble cast that takes advantage of the talents of ALL the actors

DSN complex story lines and fascinating secondary characters that broaden the scope of the series

VOY an unique point of view and willingness to take risks.

lets not settle.

Alterego, while I'm pessimistic, I do think that if it survives to a 5th season it will gain a following and easily go the full 7. (but it is a huge if)

I don't see why enterprise has to be like any one trek. Why not combine the best of all of them.

TOS frontier adventure, strong friendships, and stories that confront current issues

TNG an ensemble cast that takes advantage of the talents of ALL the actors

DSN complex story lines and fascinating secondary characters that broaden the scope of the series

VOY an unique point of view and willingness to take risks.

298409[/snapback]

Well said!

Enterprise is improving all the time this season- and Observer Effect was was favourite so far.

I read at saveenterprise.com yesterday that the show has indeed gone to synidcation - please God this helps secure the three more seasons it deserves.

I don't see much hope for Enterprise on UPN. However, in a recent interview with the Star Trek Communicator, Berman did indicate that he has a back up plan for Enterprise in the event that it gets cancelled by UPN. In fact, being cancelled by UPN could be the best thing for Enterprise. If Berman is telling the truth, it may end up going the syndication route anyway exposing Enterprise to a whole new audience. There are several instances of TV shows being cancelled by a network in the past only to show up on another network. This really could be a good thing after all.

Since when was DS9 better than Enterprise? Enterprise is superior imo because it is closer in feel to the original series. Personally I hope it stays away from the "quality" of DS9.

As an aside, Manny Coto seems to be doing wonders for the show by taking it closer to its roots.

298366[/snapback]

Since always. It is very difficult for me to embrace Enterprise because DS9 quite frankly blew me away. Voyager may have relied on special effects ... DS9 was completely character driven with "war" (i.e. special effects) as a background. While I will always love Kirk and the gang because they were first, getting "back to the feel of the original series" is just not a good thing from my perspective. Trek evolved into something spectacular and completely beyond its original programming with DS9 ... I hate the feeling of taking a step backward from what was achieved in the storylines and arcs of DS9. That is how I feel when I watch Enterprise.

Just my opinion ... and you know what they say about those!

AE, I will gladly try to tune in to Enterprise again because I know that ENT fans feel just as passionately as I did about DS9. How are ratings assessed anyway? If I am not hooked up to a Nielsen machine, how will they know that I am watching the show?

Enterprise is improving all the time this season- and Observer Effect was was favourite so far.

I read at saveenterprise.com yesterday that the show has indeed gone to synidcation - please God this helps secure the three more seasons it deserves.

298649[/snapback]

What I think you read at saveenterprise is that Enterprise will be entering weekend second run syndication this fall which is different from first run syndication. The syndication rights that have been sold do not include new episodes.

This is from their website:

Paramount has cleared off-UPN one-hour drama Star Trek: Enterprise in more than 90% of the country for a fall syndicated launch.

The series is cleared in 49 of the top 50 markets, including top-market stations WNBC New York, KNBC Los Angeles, WCVB Boston, WSB ATlanta, WXYZ Detroit, KTRK Houston, and WISH Indianapolis.

Station groups committing one or more stations to the show include Viacom, NBC U, ABC, Cox, Scripps-Howard, Sinclair, Tribune, Emmis, Hearst, Lin, Raycom, Pegasus, and Clear Channel.

from Cable Broadcasting News

I don't see much hope for Enterprise on UPN. However, in a recent interview with the Star Trek Communicator, Berman did indicate that he has a back up plan for Enterprise in the event that it gets cancelled by UPN. In fact, being cancelled by UPN could be the best thing for Enterprise. If Berman is telling the truth, it may end up going the syndication route anyway exposing Enterprise to a whole new audience. There are several instances of TV shows being cancelled by a network in the past only to show up on another network. This really could be a good thing after all.

298656[/snapback]

I agree. I don't want Enterprise to stop production but I don't think keeping it on UPN is "saving" it. I think it does more damage than good not only to the series but to the franchise as a whole having it on UPN.

They've certainly sold the second run syndication rights quickly. I doubt they would have any problems with selling first run syndication rights either.

I've given it many chances.

When this season starts on Sky, I'll give it another chance.

If it doesn't impress me, my interest in ENT ends.

298353[/snapback]

Thank you for at least saying you'll give it a chance. Please don't make up your mind after one or two episodes - give it until at least Kir'Shara has aired before making your decision. If the Soong arc and the Vulcan arc don't change your mind, nothing will.

While I will always love Kirk and the gang because they were first, getting "back to the feel of the original series" is just not a good thing from my perspective.  Trek evolved into something spectacular and completely beyond its original programming with DS9 ... I hate the feeling of taking a step backward from what was achieved in the storylines and arcs of DS9.  That is how I feel when I watch Enterprise.

Just my opinion ... and you know what they say about those!

I never imagined a TOS fan who would not care to see how it all started but I can understand (<barely lol) and respect your right to hold that opinion. Given that, the new stories may still not float your boat but something about it may strike your fancy...

AE, I will gladly try to tune in to Enterprise again because I know that ENT fans feel just as passionately as I did about DS9.  How are ratings assessed anyway?  If I am not hooked up to a Nielsen machine, how will they know that I am watching the show?

I didn't think of your not having a ratings box... they wont know. O' well - no matter. I still appreciate your willingness to give it another shot :( and who knows, as I said above something about the new direction may grab your attention causing a change of heart. You may even end up finding yourself on Moulinrouges "Urgent Message..." thread (pinned in the ENT forum) getting the address to send your own plea for renewal. Or not.

In any case I thank you again for caring about its fans enough to say yes.

Click For Spoiler