Sign in to follow this  
VaBeachGuy

What rating do you give "Observer Effect"?

What rating do you give "Observer Effect"?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. What rating do you give "Observer Effect"?

9.5! Great Episode!

Click For Spoiler
Edited by Jack_Bauer

A little... unexciting, but otherwise a good episode. I'd rate it at a 7.5.

Something I noticed while watching the episode. Near the end....

Click For Spoiler

I noticed that as well, but couldn't place the reference. Knowing Coto's attention to detail, I'd say it's the same race.

I'm not sure I cared for the

Click For Spoiler
reference, though. It seems a bit early to be mentioning them, imo.

actually, there many occasions where humans in one area select a name for there group that focuses on activity X and another group somewhere else has the same name for something entirely different.

ACS in buffalo means AIDS Community Services

ACS in NYC means administration for child services

so why couldn't two separate species have selected a similar name? or perhaps the universal translator selected that english word because it was the only one even remotely close to the meaning...or it was simply confused.

but...the episode was amazing. 9.5 all the way. and the hoshi backstory was perfect. it explains a lot of here hesitation with some of the starfleet regulations, contraptions and lack of field experience.

i hope they keep it up...great episode and season...

:spock:

actually, there many occasions where humans in one area select a name for there group that focuses on activity X and another group somewhere else has the same name for something entirely different.

ACS in buffalo means AIDS Community Services

ACS in NYC means administration for child services

so why couldn't two separate species have selected a similar name? or perhaps the universal translator selected that english word because it was the only one even remotely close to the meaning...or it was simply confused.

297674[/snapback]

That could very well be, I've noticed a conscience effort to connect Enterprise to the previous series though. So it makes me believe this was done on purpose.

Then again it could just be me trying to connect the series in my own mind. Either way it's in interesting side point.

I really enjoyed this episode. I especially enjoyed learning so much more about Hoshi. What a woman!! :spock:

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler

I give this episode a 9, as opposed to a 7 last week. It was a vast improvement. Wow, Linda Park blew me away. Hoshi, you bad girl!! :spock: Kudos to Linda, to Connor, and to Mr. Bakula.

Kudos to Judith and Garfield Reeves-Stephens. They are the best writers on staff bar none. They wrote "The Forge" as well.

9.5, easily the second best episode in Ent so far, (a hair under "Similitude", and a hair over "Home" and "Twilight").

Something I noticed while watching the episode. Near the end....

Click For Spoiler
The alien that's in Trip identifies it's race as Organian. In the first season TOS episode Errand of Mercy the aliens are Organians and are non-corporeal. I wonder if they are the same race.

297671[/snapback]

I noticed, and wondered about, the same thing. I gave it an 8. Interesting episode. :spock:

I'm not sure I cared for the
Click For Spoiler
Cardassian
reference, though. It seems a bit early to be mentioning them, imo.

297672[/snapback]

Didn't bother me, since it wasn't a continuity error. Perceived it as simply a nice nod to “past” aliens, as Jack_Bauer mentioned before.

post-812-1095566621.gif

Edited by mj

Gave it a 9 instead of the 9.5 or 10 I also thought it great that

Click For Spoiler
they should mention the beings inhabiting the bodies to be Organians (The "Organion Peace Treaty" between the "Federation and The Klingon Empire")and did learn more info about Hoshi and Trip and I thought that the Organions never left there Planet yet during Enterprise they did as Observers on one of there Missions
in general I liked the performances of the main actors in that eps.

:spock::laugh: :lol: :lol:

Edited by mj

Click For Spoiler

297707[/snapback]

Click For Spoiler

Click For Spoiler
This was, IMHO, the best episode of the entire season. There was some action, but mostly it was about the people. We learned some more about Hoshi, my favourite character, which was excellent. There was enough of the Trip/T'Pol romance to remind us of it, but not enought to make be pissed off. (Incase you can't tell, I don't like that romance). This episode rocked. 10/10

I thought is was great considering it was yet another "Bottle" episode. I am hoping they are saving the big bucks for the upcoming arcs.

The episode next week looks interesting...

End Transmission....

8.5 I really liked this episode a massive improvement from last week.

Click For Spoiler

Given the title I was a little disappointed they didn't mention the theory that the mere act of observation influences the experiment. And these were particularly meddlesome "observers". However, this was a very thought provoking episode - clearing demonstrating that "intelligence" is a subjective term. I loved Archer's line "not from where I'm standing" or something like that - those Organians were way too arrogant (Keating does arrogant well - he's a talented actor)

I agree with Jack - this was the most screen time Keating and Montgomery had all season and they weren't playing their own characters - which was the major drawback of the episode.

And I'm glad they are developing Hoshi, I loved Trip's look "you can't stop there?" when she mentioned being kicked out.

I too was wondering where I'd heard of the Organians.

From what I can tell... people that have no bodies are dumb... butts. And I really liked that Archer was able to talk his way through in the end.

Edited by Capt_Picard

This one on the other hand knocked my socks off, 10! It had my mind racing right out of the gate all the way through to it's climatic ending, best episode yet. We may need to add an 11 to the scale!

Btw, about the species, according to our Closed Captioning they are the

Click For Spoiler

Just a reminder to posters------USE SPOILERS. I know there is disagreement about the use of spoilers, but this is one of those situations where the needs of the very few outweigh the needs of the many. We are doing this because it does not really hurt us, and it helps a few members who do come by the Enterprise forum, and will not see the episodes for a year or so.

I really enjoyed the episode and I gave it a 9.

Click For Spoiler

I gave 'er an 8. Very solid with some good thoughts, but nothing extradinary.

Click For Spoiler
One thing that people have been saying about Travis (how the most camera time he recieves isn't with his own character). I think it could have worked just as well if Tr5avis were in the decon chamber with Hoshi. That would have given quite a bit of screen time to just let Travis express his character. I still liked the episode, but I want Travis to become more than "the helmsman".

Click For Spoiler

298191[/snapback]

I agree. He should have more of a role. With all Manny Coto's creativity, he still hasn't figured out what to do with Mayweather.

Sign in to follow this