Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Hugh Jackman New James Bond?

I know we have a lot of Bond fans here so I thought I'd share this article I found at IMDB:

Australian actor Hugh Jackman has emerged as favorite to become the next James Bond, with bookmakers tipping him to take over from departing 007 Pierce Brosnan. Leading British bookmakers Ladbrokes and William Hill are offering odds of 2/1 on the Swordfish star slipping into the superspy's famous tuxedo for his next big screen outing - ahead of Closer star Clive Owen and third favorite Ewan McGregor. A Ladbrokes spokesperson says, "Hugh Jackman certainly appears to be the punters choice but we've seen more twists than the average Bond movie. At one point or another, Colin Farrell, Colin Salmon, Dougray Scott, Eric Bana and Ewan McGregor have been subject to serious support for the role." A decision on who will replace Brosnan has been delayed while a power struggle wages between Bond movie makers the Broccoli family and MGM over who should be offered the role. The spokesperson adds, "Who takes on the role could well depend on who comes out top in the power struggle behind the scenes. If the Broccoli family win we could well see an unknown actor, while if the money men have their way we could see a top star in the role. Last year, a source told us that the producers had a list of ten actors that they were looking at."

I'd be happy with either Clive Owen or Hugh Jackman, although I have a slight preference for Clive Owen as a cold-blooded, licence-to-kill agent.

Off all the names ever mentioned he was my preference. However I'd heard several times that neither Jackman or MacGregor was really being considered because they'd played homosexual characters at some point and people believed this conflicted with Bond's status as a pillar of masculinity. I personally don't see a problem and I think Jackman would be a great Bond.

As long as its not Colin Farell. Something about him bugs me.

297558[/snapback]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about him! The day he gets the role will be the day I stop watching Bond movies.

I've never been a real Bond fan - but I did see all the Brosnan Bond movies. And I would see all the Jackman Bond movies if it works out that way. I'd also see the McGregor Bond movies if it worked out that way as well. Probably wouldn't go to see any of the others.

297558[/snapback]

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels that way about him!

:yes: Do not worry, that makes three of us. Farell bugs me too.

Edited by Yillara_Soong

Colin Farrell is a bloody disgrace.

A foul-mouthed, charmless idiot.

I don't even think he's a very good actor.

For him to be given the role of 007 would be hideous.

:spock::laugh: :lol:

Colin Farrell is a bloody disgrace.

A foul-mouthed, charmless idiot.

I don't even think he's a very good actor.

For him to be given the role of 007 would be hideous.

:spock:  :laugh:  :lol:

297686[/snapback]

:jaw: OMG!!! We actually agree on something!!! Is the world ending?! Is the sky falling?! :lol:

I would love to see Hugh Jackman as James Bond! :spock: I can see him playing the part more than Colin Farrell.

I could see Jackman pulling off a very good James Bond.

When did Ewan MacGregor play a gay guy? I must have missed that one ...

If I missed it, then chances are good that a lot of other people missed it as well, so I really don't understand why the Broccoli family would have a beef against Obi Wan Kenobi!!! He's the Mack-Daddy (Ewan MacGregor -- drool).

Oh and ditto to the Colin Farrell thing ... I cannot stand him. He has no talent and I really don't understand why people keep casting him in big movies. He stinks.

I think Ewan may be a little too young for 007 right now, but he would certainly be my first choice to replace Jackman after he makes a few 007 movies.

It's a shame Pierce was forced out because he was such a superb 007 and I really feel he had two or three Bond movies left that he could have done.

I could see Jackman pulling off a very good James Bond.

When did Ewan MacGregor play a gay guy?  I must have missed that one ...

If I missed it, then chances are good that a lot of other people missed it as well, so I really don't understand why the Broccoli family would have a beef against Obi Wan Kenobi!!!  He's the Mack-Daddy (Ewan MacGregor -- drool).

297963[/snapback]

Ewan McGregor played a gay character in the 1998 movie Velvet Goldmine

If I were a Bond PTB, I would be more concerned whether the masses are able to picture Ewan McGregor as someone other than Obi-Wan Kenobi rather than worrying about the sexuality of a character he played in a small movie.

Looks like things are changing at the British betting shops.

Actor Clive Owen has become favorite to replace Pierce Brosnan as James Bond following his Oscar nomination on Tuesday. British bookmakers William Hill have stopped taking bets on who will be the next 007, because customers have staked so much money on Owen following the announcement he's up for the Best Supporting Actor Academy Award for his role in Closer. The odds on Owen getting to grips with the suave superspy have been slashed from 4/1 to 5/2, with Hugh Jackman and Ewan McGregor second favorites with odds of 4/1. A spokesperson for William Hill says, "Owen's nomination sparked a betting frenzy from James Bond fans. They feel his heightened global recognition will have done his chances of being the next Bond a world of good."

I've said it in other places and I'm gonna say it here: If Colin Farrell ever becomes a Bond I will burn all my Bond things along with MGM Studios.

Not in a million years

So its down to Clive owen and Julian Mchmahon

See my avatar if you don't know who the latter is

LOL

GO JULIAN

::roots for Mcmahon::

Official sources have said that it is definately between Julian McMahon and Clive Owen, but the descision is still months away for both of the actors. Reports have said that Bond makers believe Owen to be to bland for Bonds womanising sensibilities, this puts McMahon in a good place for the role as he already plays a womaniser on the hit show Nip/Tuck.

If I had a say in all this... I would hope it's Clive Owen. I remember when I saw "The Driver" film shorts for BMW a couple of years back. I thought then that he would make an impressive Bond. Hugh Jackman's cool. Not too wild about McMahon. I just can't see him doing it.

Clive owen is too OLD for Bond and he looks like he will shoot someone in the head..he is too rugged

Mcmahon is younger,endoursed by SEAN CONNERY and very sexy,and swarthy

Edited by Ambassador tinadoll