Sign in to follow this  
ConnorExum

Joe Satriani is an amazing guitarist.

Hey,

I'm a huge fan of Enterprise but I think they need a new theme song. That Warren written piece of junk song has nice thoughts for a pop song but it's not a Trek theme song. Russell Watson has to go too; his vocals are as whinny and cry-baby as the lyrics of that song. I'm trying to start a movement to get the producers to get Joe Satriani to create one of his guitar masterpieces as the theme song. I think he could do an awesome theme song that's all instrumental a concept that's very central to all good Star Trek theme songs. It could be current optmistic and very edgy... Much more so then that rehashed song they have now. I think it would better encompass the trek theme song sprit. Anyone agree with me on this idea? Does anyone else actually even like Joe Satriani or at least heard of him?

no way. i hate that genre of music, but the song sounds great on the scene. the theme of the song goes so well with the theme of the show. it works perfectly

I think the theme song misses big time... It's too whishy washy and whinny. It's optmistic but the vocals leave alot to be desired if you ask me. I say go with the clean , edgy instrumental keep the imagery they already have but include some extra stuff... Then use the outrageous guitar pyrotechics of Joe Satriani's guitar style to emphize the imagery's meaning and to give it depth. Much the way that Debusse( check spelling impressionist composer of the late 19th and early 20th centuries) did with his work ... If you listen to songs like Midnight, The Summer Song, Borg Sex and some other others from Satriani's albums you know what I mean. They really do give that impression of what the title says it is.

I think that theme song is incredibly lame. It comes nowheres near enough. Only a true artist like Satriani could do "The Dream" justice. IMO!!!

TNG had a score with symphony. TOS was all synthasized (sounding canned by todays standards) but it was so modern and fresh it fit, and the music original.

I hear my house hold complain every week of that lame theme song of ENT. Im sick of it.