Sign in to follow this  
MrPsychic

Screen Names

This post is just to see if there are any interesting stories to your screen name. Mine came from Pokémon, yes Pokémon, there was a character in Saffron City who was named Mr. Psychic, plus my friends said I looked just like him. Go figure...

sea trooper was an accident. While I was signing up for a SW.com account every other name I could think of was taken and I thought of this book I read that talked about Seatroopers, and I though "Oh well" but I spelled it with a space in between. Now I'm known as sea trooper throughout the message boards. If you see a sea trooper or a pachysaur, it's most likely me.

Most ppl think my screen name has something to do with the Arcade game Hangon(raceing game)...but it has nothing to do with that, and because this is a family board i cant post the real reason behind my name..sorry ;)

I always though Hangon was like a mock of Klingon :wink2:

296224[/snapback]

LOL yeah not kling-ing on but hang-ing on to something ;)

Phaserman comes from back when my brother discovered the original chatrooms at ST.com. you remember those, with the four rooms. he chose "Phaserman" as his screen name. When I started going there, I wanted to also use Phaserman, but to do so we'd need a way to differentiate he and I. so, we threw our first names on there. That's how I became Jim Phaserman. and Lieutenant JG is my Navy rank.

mine might be changed soon, Unadopted Angelic comes from the fact that ST.com chose it from what I wanted: angelic

Lady Narana is a character I created for a series of stories I've written (I'm writing the last one now - any question why I don't want to finish it?). She's...well...not me and me at the same time. ;) I originally wanted something that would be easy to type 'cause I knew I'd be typing it a lot, and, literally, I just pounded a bunch of letters and Narana was born. (I might have tweaked one letter - it was ten years ago and I really don't remember.) She grew far beyond what I ever thought she would be - and now it's my name on every site/email I have.

Most ppl think my screen name has something to do with the Arcade game Hangon(raceing game)...

You know, that's what I always thought.

I played that motorcycle racing game on the Sega Megadrive.

;);)

This post is just to see if there are any interesting stories to your screen name.  Mine came from Pokémon, yes Pokémon, there was a character in Saffron City who was named Mr. Psychic, plus my friends said I looked just like him.  Go figure...

296212[/snapback]

I KNEW that name sounded familiar!!!! Yeah, I am at least a little bit of a fan of Pokemon(more so the game than the series, anyhow) ;)

In my case, Yillara Soong came from a story I had attempted to write years ago. Well back when I was about 12(I am almost 25 now).. the story never got finished, but the character of Yillara was much like me and she marries Data(who is my favorite Trek character of all time) so the name seemed to fit beautifully here.

For a very brief time, my screen name was changed to Yillara Skye which was her maiden name. That actually is my screenname at a couple other places. Yillara was a name I came up with... and I just like the way it sounds and looks ( it is pronounced it Yill-are-ah, if any of you are curious) and Skye is a name I always thought was beautiful

My username emanates from my rather big fandoms of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy and Doctor Who.

The first part seems self-explanatory enough, referencing the 1963-1989 TV series, while the 42 happens to be the answer to the Ultimate Question to Life, the Universe, and Everything. ;) ;)

post-812-1095566621.gif

Valeris is rather self-explanatory. I am a huge fan of Valeris, and I respect her for so many things. She is also a lot like me (well, aside from the fact that I am Romulan and she is Vulcan...).

I drive a Plymouth Acclaim and sometimes pretend it's a starship when I'm driving it, so that's the origin of mine.

Oh yeah, and I refer to it as "The Acclaim" ;)

Most ppl think my screen name has something to do with the Arcade game Hangon(raceing game)...

You know, that's what I always thought.

I played that motorcycle racing game on the Sega Megadrive.

:( ;)

296290[/snapback]

Hehe i used to love that game,i remember in the arcade hall they had a full size bike with the screen in the middle and you had to lean from side to side to turn it ;)

My user name is Odie is not taken from Odie the dog in Garfield, but it’s a part of my last name. My last name seems to be hard for some people to pronounce correctly. Odie is very close to the correct pronunciation.

296224[/snapback]

296226[/snapback]

I always thought it was like a hang over ;)

My name, for those of you who aren't latin scholars, means star trek, literally star journey

Edited by Spockstellaiter

I have choosed mine since I'm completely Borg crazy!!! :borgqueen: ;) And 3 of 7 sounds also like 3 7's ( 777 ). ( Yes, I'm christian, too. )

;)

296224[/snapback]

296226[/snapback]

I always thought it was like a hang over ;)

296353[/snapback]

LOL well ppl who know me a little longer will tell you i liked a drink now and again :( :beer:

Edited by hangon

Well, actually, there is a story to my name, like many others.

Xeroc was supposed to be the leader of an ancient species of aliens called the Xenophons (It means foreign-sounds if you're looking at the roots, and were so named because their language was unlike anything before known) who ruled 3/4 of the entire universe around 8 billion years ago. They then disappeared mysteriously into thin space, never to be seen again. Naturally, the other species still in existence, after being oppressed for so long, destroyed all records of the Xenophons, leaving them only as myth...

This story is part of some books or a series that I'm planning to write.

Eventually. ;)

i remember in the arcade hall they had a full size bike with the screen in the middle and you had to lean from side to side to turn it

I remember it very well.

Rode that bike in Blackpool's arcades. ;)

first, i wanna say PUH-leese don't change your screen names - not only some of your posts, i think 'unadopted angelic' and 'lieutenant JG' are COOL - 'sides, 'ts how you're known, ya know? my opine, 'sall...

as for 'joeybear', does anyone remember garfield's little teddy, 'pooki-bear'? - well, a lady i once baked with (be QUIET KlingonMike, it was a bakery ;) ) laughingly coined me her 'joeybear', many, MANY moons ago - my littlest brother and his friends overheard, and the name STUCK - when i was a newbie, just a few moons ago (like, when AlterEgo and VBA had to tell what 'cookies' were... :blush 2:), it was the first thing that came to mind...

I like Jack Bauer from 24. I've used a few others like Lt_Cmdr_LaForge (here, and St.com). I'm Robo86 and Hawkeye_Pierce on other boards.

first, i wanna say PUH-leese don't change your screen names - not only some of your posts, i think 'unadopted angelic' and 'lieutenant JG' are COOL - 'sides, 'ts how you're known, ya know?  my opine, 'sall...

as for 'joeybear', does anyone remember garfield's little teddy, 'pooki-bear'? - well, a lady i once baked with (be QUIET KlingonMike, it was a bakery :laugh: ) laughingly coined me her 'joeybear', many, MANY moons ago - my littlest brother and his friends overheard, and the name STUCK - when i was a newbie, just a few moons ago (like, when AlterEgo and VBA had to tell what 'cookies' were... :blush 2:), it was the first thing that came to mind...

296613[/snapback]

Mine usually changes with circumstances, Joey. Originally, and as can be seen on the Banner I share with my darling wife, Julie, I was Ensign Jim Phaserman. Not too long after joining the board, I was promoted, and I wanted to keep my name updated. So, assuming nothing changes in the next two months, I may change it to Coach Jim Phaserman, or maybe Professor Jim Phaserman (I won't be a professor, merely a High School US History and Gov't Teacher, but still...) or just Jim Phaserman reflecting my changing of status.