1. 1. Ok, do you like Wesley or not??

• I love that boy!!
    • He's pretty good.
    • He's ok...
    • I don't really care.
    • He's not that good...
    • He's pretty bad.
    • I despise that creature.

Ok, I've had a lot of mixed opinions on this in another forum website, so...DO YOU OR DO YOU NOT LIKE WESLEY?

Personally, I like him. He was played well, he was cute and sweet (though my heart still belongs to Data), and he was intelligent. He was a nice boy, and I can't see whay anyone wouldn't like him!

I have seen people voice their opinion of Wesley. This was in a thread I kept going for a long time. Many of the people who paticipated in the thread did not like Wesley. They thought he was a pain. I kinda liked him.

Well, he was kind of annoying at times. The know it all kid who makes all the adults look bad. There were even times when he ALMOST made Data look bad and I cannot handle that!

When he grew up, he was better.

Early Wes was not my favourite at first but starting in season 3 he was being written a lot better.

The thing that really bugs me is that Wil Wheaton took the brunt of fans dislike for Wes. It wasn't his fault - he didn't write the stuff.

That's very true. Also, he was a friend of Data's, and who are we to argue with Data? :bow:

He was also the only one to identify Lore. When he tried to tell everybody, they said "SHUTUP WESLEY". His mom said it too.

Really? Me too. "The Offspring" was the first episode I ever saw, and I thought Wes was cute, so I hung around a while. I soon saw Data, and I liked what I saw. :bow:

As I said in another thread with the same question, not too long ago, I enjoyed Wes and disliked how they turned him into a plot device. Pointe Finale.

When Wesley didn't get into the Academy the first time, I liked how Picard reassured him by telling him how he didn't get into the Academy the first time either.

That is a very nice opinion. Not what I had in mind, but it's diplomatic. You aren't focusing on his good points OR his bad points. You're just taking everything into consideration and formatting an opinion...or am I going too deep?

just a tiny bit.. :bow:

Also what I always say is "If you don't have anything nice to say don't say anything."

He really bugs me...for a few reasons. But for sake of argument, I will just say that I do not like him very much.

He really bugs me...for a few reasons. But for sake of argument, I will just say that I do not like him very much.

How dareth thou!! Just kidding, he was hot and that's it.

I don't really like him.. He just has to know it all, and still he is just a little boy.. kind of annoys me even though it got a lot better as the seasons went by..

I hated him the first two seasons, but it got better.

I voted I don’t care but not for the reason you might think. I think many if not all, of the kids portrayed in Trek (all Trek) have been much the same kind of personality that Wes was, smart, that is the kind of kids they produce in that time and I think that was the point. He was only the first one we had much contact with. Yes Jake was an exception but I think that is because of the special way he was Fathered. Ben Sisko was a Gem of a dad even if we never saw that many dads on Trek.

Well I can’t say that “I love him” or “I despise him”.

I know many of the fans don’t really care for the character. When I think about episodes like “Final Mission” {I think it is called that} and a few other episodes I think the character is good.

The only thing is that he might have “saved the ship too many times”, but other then that he is ok. He might of made others look “bad” (or something to that nature), but that’s not too compelling to me. In general there are really smart young adults out there and kids out there. I don’t think that’s a reason not to like him. However, I can understand someone’s feelings on this matter.

Master Q

StarTrek_Master_Q@yahoo.com

How dareth thou!! Just kidding, he was hot and that's it.

All I have to say is "Pthhh!" :rolleyes:

I agree with Data;I like Wesley.

He is an insightful young man.

Wil Wheaton,the actor is a cutie.

I love Wesley. I think he was a wonderful addition to the Enterprise crew. He's one of my favorite TNG characters alongside Data, Geordi, and Barclay.

He's such a bright kid. He's always working hard, whether it's school work or helping out around the ship. He puts his heart into everything he does. His science experiments are pretty cool. He's a very nice and helpful person. Plus, he's cute. ^-^;;

Yet, even though he knows so much and can do everything the adults do, he's alienated from them because he's not as grown up. It's not like he can hang out with them in Ten Forward or things like that. I did see him playing poker with the gang once, but that was it. I also get the feeling that he's alienated from the kids his own age, because he is so bright and he works with the adults. Kids may be intimidated by him or just not want to hang out with him because he's a geek. (I have nothing against geeks. In fact, I consider myself to be one.) I hardly ever saw him with friends or just having fun with kids his own age. It happened sometimes, but was very rare.

Also, his father died when he was very young. He managed to get through all of these hardships, though, and I think that makes him a very brave young man. I admire him for that.

One more thing. He gets to fly the Enterprise when he's only, what, sixteen? That is awesome.

I am not fond of kids in general in Star Trek but in Wesley's case I will make an exception. He was just old enough to not be considered a kid. I liked his character, especially after the first couple of seasons.