Sign in to follow this  
LordOfTheBorg

Replies and Views

you know wut, i think its sad sometimes, that one post has,like, 151 views, but only has 2 replies. I mean, whats the point of looking at something if your not going to respond to it??

Well....Sometimes....We Just Thought We'd Be Interested....Then Once We Read The Topic That First Interested...It Turns Out That It's Not So Interesting After All. *shrugs*

Sometimes when someone looks at a thread and reads it they may not nothing to post. They may also wait for someone else to post first. :yahoo:

Well I'm curious about the topic, but I might not want to add to the discussion.

Also sometimes the first posts are so long that I'm too lazy to read it all.

Edited by sea trooper

you know wut, i think its sad sometimes, that one post has,like, 151 views, but only has 2 replies. I mean, whats the point of looking at something if your not going to respond to it??

295341[/snapback]

You respond to every single thread you open?

For the vast majority of threads I read I do not post a response. I may respond about 10% of the time.

Plus you have to take into account how many poeple check the thread again to see who replied to their posts.

I feel that I should reply to this post  :yahoo:

295450[/snapback]

:lol:

I read most threads if its something i am intrested in or i have something intresting to add i do,just because a thread only gets a few replys doesnt make it a waste of time.

I do not respond much because I am not the type of person to just jump in- I like observing first and assessing the general frame of mind of most before sharing. And some things are just interesting to look at, but do not necessarily need a response.

depends on tghe topic. Sometimes there are things you just can't respond to. Maybe you thought the thread was about something else.

I often read a thread but do not respond to it. I may find the topic interesting but if I do not have anything of substance to add to the conversation I will not post just for the sake of posting.

I often read a thread but do not respond to it.  I may find the topic interesting but if I do not have anything of substance to add to the conversation I will not post just for the sake of posting.

295900[/snapback]

You just took the words out of my mouth. I couldn't agree more.

:waaaa:

Something else that I catch myself doing alot is reading through a thread then leaving to go look up some information that was requested and then returning to add it to the thread, or taking the time to compose my response in notepad or something so that I can edit it to insure that I am providing a quality response before posting it.

I usually just like to read. I have little to contibute. Check out my post count here verses my length time as a member.

Edited by Data

I often read a thread but do not respond to it.  I may find the topic interesting but if I do not have anything of substance to add to the conversation I will not post just for the sake of posting.

295900[/snapback]

That is usually the case for me as well. Especially nowadays... I tend to read more than I post here. Majority of my post count comes from the first 6 or so months I was here.

Something else that I catch myself doing alot is reading through a thread then leaving to go look up some information that was requested and then returning to add it to the thread, or taking the time to compose my response in notepad or something so that I can edit it to insure that I am providing a quality response before posting it.

295977[/snapback]

Or when you return some else has already posted the answer. ;)

I agree, I try to only respond if I have something to say, and then I will often make sure it's good before I do!

And, yes, Alterego, that happens too! ;)

295977[/snapback]

Or when you return some else has already posted the answer. ;)

296478[/snapback]

Or I get sidetracked and forget what I was looking for and when I return I realize that the answer I have found has nothing to do with the question. LOL.

I feel the same way.

295900[/snapback]

Sometimes my point of view is already represented by

someone else's post and it would be redundant for me to add anything sometimes

I don't know what everyone is talking about so it would be stupid to reply, and

sometimes I have nothing intelligent to add to a thread. A while ago I replied to

every post and it's called spamming ;) and so I don't do that anymore,

hehe ;)