Sign in to follow this  
master_q

Jeff Ayers on forty-year history of ST fiction

Reschedule:

Saturday, February 5th, 2005 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern-Time (2 Pacific)

As I explained in the chat room trivia session, my dial-up connection has been very poor due to a bad phone-line. I contacted Jeff, our future special chat room guest, and got the chat rescheduled to 02/05/05 @ 5PM Eastern.

StarTrekFans.net's

Trek_News_Talk.gif

Want to take a trip at warp speed?

Well, here is yet another chance in the StarTrekFans.net chat room on "TREK-NEWS-TALK." We will be having an exclusive special guest chat with Jeff Ayers.

Jeff Ayers is in the process of writing a book for Pocket Books, on the forty-year history of professionally published Star Trek fiction. He has been trying to track down authors of both novels and short stories, and uncover "the stories behind the stories." His book is scheduled to be released in July 2006, to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the series. You will be given the chance to chat with him Saturday January 22nd, 2005 at 5:00PM EST.

If you are unable to attend and would like to ask a question to our special guest, then you can send me a private message with your question.

post-68-1104456831.gif

Edited by master_q

Reschedule:

Saturday, February 5th, 2005 at 5:00 p.m. Eastern-Time (2 Pacific)

As I explained in the chat room trivia session, my dial-up connection has been very poor due to a bad phone-line. Yesterday I contacted Jeff, our future special chat room guest, and got the chat rescheduled to 02/05/05 @ 5PM Eastern.

Luckily I was able to get someone over to my place this morning to take another look. So far so good, but something still does not feel right with the connection. I'm going to give the trivia a try tomorrow at 4PM Eastern and see what happens. Hopefully all will work out okay with that. My connection seems to be lasting right now. However, as I'm looking now, the speed is not at (approximately) 56Kbps, but at 36.

I want to apology for the reschedule and to those that I have yet to reply back to a message board private message and/or email.

Please mark you calendars for this chat. It should be very interesting.

post-68-1104456831.gif

(Almost forgot about "bumping" this.)

Please do not forget about tomorrow's guest chat in the StarTrekFans.net chat room.

I hope all of you will be able to make it :laugh:

post-68-1104456831.gif