Sign in to follow this  
poldor

i miss voyager

I always does my heart good when I run into another Voyager fan. I consider myself the ultimate Voyager fan. For it was my most favorite series of all. I loved the characters and most of the episodes. Voyager is what brought me back to Star Trek after TOS went off the air. While I do enjoy the re-runs of TNG at this point. Initially I did not like the series. I still don't like DS9. Neither am I into the current series. Voyager was my heart. And there are no re-runs. So I am happy for the taped eisodes that I have. I may invest in the DVD's at some point.

i've said it before and i'll say it again - gotalove gotabite - WELL SAID - i agree wholeheartedly 'bout DS9, cannot stand monsieur bakula in the driver's seat of E (quantum leap dregs...:nono:), and had my TNG heart stolen by Voyager - i truly feel V encompassed everything ST has come to mean, 'bout diversity, perserverence, and fortitude - in true Trek fashion, the issues of today came alive - the First Nations and feminine authority figures on the bridge, a real tribute to equity...

i also feel V went where no other ST series has gone before in other ways - computer graphic aliens, instead of trademark humans in make-up, storylines that had a familial feel to them (NOT soap-operatic...ahem), and some of the best television special effects ever seen - not knocking 'current events' (oh, yes i am), but didn't a certain alien race round table remind anyone of Star Wars?..:waaaa:

i miss Voyager B) - i miss it a lot - i ask the tooth-fairy every night for a movie run :idea: for my favourite (CAN spelling...) crew, and i think if i wish hard enough, one day it'll come true...

bon chance, Voyager - hope to see you all soon...

uhm, who do i think is reading this, anyways? B)

Edited by joeybear

uhm, who do i think is reading this, anyways? :waaaa:

Hopefully everybody! I have grown to like Voyager alot..(Tough for a Niner to say!) There were some really amazing Voyager episodes, wonderful characters and storylines..I am saddened that they don't show them on TV anymore. I advise you Voyager fans to start to buy the DVDs..They are fantastic..I own all 7 seasons and that's where my appreciation of Voyager has come from.. B)

I love Voyager. I too wish it were still airing. Enterprise is awful. I used to watch the Voyager reruns here every night, until they were taken off. I will eventually get the DVDs, but who's got $700.00!

I love Voyager. I too wish it were still airing. Enterprise is awful. I used to watch the Voyager reruns here every night, until they were taken off. I will eventually get the DVDs, but who's got $700.00!

295609[/snapback]

Don't look at it like that..Just buy 1 season at a time and before you know it you'll have them all..They're worth it.. :waaaa:

I Miss Voyager Too. We Don't Get Re-Runs Anymore And I Don't Have Any Of The DVDs Yet. Gonna Finish My TNG & DS9 Collections First....Which Are Almost Done. :waaaa:

While DS9 Is My Favorite, Voyager Was Still A Great Series In My View...And I Was HUGE Fan Of The Borg Long Before Voyager Aired...So I Loved Seeing Them Used In It.

But Regaurdless Of Which Of The Shows I Like Best....I Just Like Star Trek...Wether It Be TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT Or The Movies....I Love Star Trek!! :nono::idea:

Though I Was Disappointed By Season 3 Of ENT...Looked To Me Like They Stole Alittle From Star Wars B) ...But...That's Another Topic B)

I've been enjoying some of the Voyager DVD's, I haven't gotten any from Seasons 1 through 3 yet though. I didn't really enjoy the first 3 seasons in their first run so I haven't been too anxious to get them yet.

i have to agree with VBG 'bout the first three seasons - though i'm partial to VOY, and would deny this in public, i could not STAND kes (the character...blech!!!) - woe is kes, poor little kes, would someone pick her-big -floppy-ears-off-the -floor kes :waaaa: VS B) ENTER seven-of-nine to shore up the storyline, and thank goodness - shoulda been seven from the beginning, eh? - 'nways, as we know, it always takes a few season's to get a show going - on that note, i hope 'current events' get the same shot every other ST series has...

I usually catch Voyager on Sundays, as they do replay it here. I liked the show but it is not one of my favorites from the franchise though.

VBG, Get Season 3 Atleast.  It's Really Good.  I Found I Enjoyed The First 2 Seasons Of DS9 When I Got The DVDs More Then When I First Saw Them.

295674[/snapback]

Yeah, I'll eventually get the entire series. There's some from season 3 that I really liked but only a couple. I didn't like the Kazon and all that went into that race. It was because of the Kazon that I basically didn't watch 90% if the first 3 seasons in it's first run.

The main episodes from season 3 that I want to see is "Futures End", I thought that was a great 2 part episode.

though i'm partial to VOY, and would deny this in public, i could not STAND kes (the character...blech!!!) - woe is kes, poor little kes, would someone pick her-big -floppy-ears-off-the -floor kes :waaaa: VS  B) 

295710[/snapback]

Kes was dreaded ... very boring to me, anyway. The whole thing between her and Neelix was like chewing on tinfoil to watch! Yech. Neelix was much less annoying once Kes was gone ... I even began to like him.

I liked the episode when Tuvok lost his Vulcan control of his emotions and him and Neelix were chumming around. That was a great episode. Seven was a wonderful addition to the cast, but I hated the pairing with Chakotay. I always felt that he and Janeway were meant to be.

(Hey, man, don't be dissin' my soap operas!)

I Miss Voyager Too.  We Don't Get Re-Runs Anymore And I Don't Have Any Of The DVDs Yet. 

But Regaurdless Of Which Of The Shows I Like Best....I Just Like Star Trek...Wether It Be TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT Or The Movies....I Love Star Trek!!  :waaaa:  B)

295626[/snapback]

This is the way I feel. I get to see a little TNG and DS9 because ocassionally I am home in the middle of the week, and have seen them on SPIKE TV. I watch Enterprise.

I hope to finish my TOS collection of dvd's, then finish the DS9. Then VOY and TNG. I am not planning to get ENT dvd's, because I do not want everything that will be on them, but I still tape some of it off the air.

I love Voyager. I still read Voyager fic and have several voy fic sites on my bookmarks!

Kes was awful, but the way seven was most of the story was annoying also, but she was by far and away the better and stronger character.

I also believed that janeway and Chakotay are meant to be together and I have almost all of the books of the show. Christie Golden has said in a Trek chat that Janeway and Chakotay might get together.

W00t!

MUST agree with the seven and chakotay thing - come ON - unless, of course, janeway has mosied on in to crusher territory...

wonder what an earl grey and black coffee smoothie'd be like, 'nywways... :waaaa:

Edited by joeybear

i concur with gotabite voyager is my favorite series of all and yes, i have seen all the episodes of all the series i guess i was more drawn to the series because of the fact that there was an actual goal that the series was trying to achieve, which was to go back to earth...episdoes like pathfinder and message in a bottle made me jump with joy as they got a little more closer to home.. of course there were some lemons like concerning flight and fair haven but hey what series didnt have a couple... what was also kind of cool to me was all the incidents where we found that voyager wasnt the only alpha quadrant citizens that were stuck or lived in the delta quadrant.. like the new earth colony ('37's) , nomadic klingons, and the godly ferengi... i dunno i can never explain why i like voyager so much i just accept that i do

The relationship that always seemed interesting to me was the Doctor and Seven. It always seemed like it was just possible, but not. I wish they had explored Seven's emerging humanity more then they did.

hear-hear! - i had almost forgotten their little positronic love - i agree with the exploration; in Trek fashion, seven's personal discovery would've lent an ear to the journey we're all on - seven always reminded me of goldilocks, in a weird way - trapped by the bears, she one day got out...sans porridge, of course...

The relationship that always seemed interesting to me was the Doctor and Seven. It always seemed like it was just possible, but not. I wish they had explored Seven's emerging humanity more then they did.

295862[/snapback]

I have to agree on that. I always thought that the Doctor and Seven relationship was very interesting as neither was "quite human" in the sense of his being a hologram and her being a former borg. I really enjoyed the episodes in which they explored her humanity together.

Although TNG was is and ever shall be my favourite series I think at the moment I miss DS9 the most.

:waaaa::nono: I 2 am a loyal fan of Voyager and dearly miss the seiries . I now have Satellite TV and get Spike. the only ST on is DS9 and TNG. wish they would put on Voy. :blush 2: :idea: B) I am a Chakotay Fan ( not nut), my second fav is Janeway, then Tuvok , Harry, Nelix, Tom, 7 of 9. Maybe not so much that order. My memorie of the show is slipping away

Voyager is shown in syndication in some areas. Fortunately, I get the Allentown, PA station WFMZ (Channel 69). They show it at 8:00PM Tuesday thru Saturday. I feel so lucky. I have yet to see the last two episodes though.

I agree that Voyager has some great character development and story lines. My all time favorite characters on the show are Neelix and the Doctor. I really wish thay gave the Doctor a name. Oh well, you cannot have everything.

Edited by Data

I just found out that WFMZ is no longer showing Voyager at that time. I have not watched the station in a few weeks because of a movie club. That is really sad. I will keep you posted if it is showing it at another time. :waaaa:

I enjoyed Neelix as well but The Doctor was probably my favorite of the series. It was always more interesting to me when they explored aspects of his existance more then anything else.

I think I liked Neelix simply because the character reminded me a lot of a very good childhood friend of mine. His hair, some of his manurisims and facial expressions.

He (my friend) was always getting me into trouble but we were always together. He was one of those friends that your parents cringe at and don't want you to have but they allow it because it's better then some of the other friendships you could find along the way lol. I lost contact with him after I went into the Army but have always intended on looking him up.

He too was a huge Star Trek fan and always played Spock to my Kirk when we were 8 to 12 years old lol.

What is really sad i have not seen an epesode of vorager sense its 2nd or 3rd season :( because my cable area quit broadcasting upn at the time (but we finnaly got it back ;);)

Ah yes, the Doctor...........He was definitely a memorable, classic Star Trek character, who happened to be from the Voyager series. He and Seven had a very unique relationship. And each character brought a lot into the relationship. It was exciting to have different phases of their relationship be part of the plots in the various episodes. Of course one of the best episode between the Doctor and Seven was "Body and Soul."