Sign in to follow this  
poldor

i miss voyager

a freind who's HAIR reminded you of Neelix?!? whew - that is too cool - now, if you'd said face... ;)

296167[/snapback]

Yeah, my friend wor his hair in much the same style and was about the same color. Funny thing is that during Christmas week one of my brother's came down to visit for about a week and we watched a few Voyager episodes. He had never really watched much of Voyager but when he saw Neelix he said "He reminds me a little of David" so it isn't just me that sees it lol

;) alright, alright - i've a confession myself - i've always thought, minus some 'frown lines', that B'elanna bears a STRIKING resemblance to my younger sister - in fact, the resemblance is a little creepy - now, not Roxanne Dawson, 'cause i've checked our favourite Klingon actress sans make-up - nope - my sister looks like a Klingon - please, gawd, don't let her EVER see this... ;)

Edited by joeybear

I really wish thay gave the Doctor a name. Oh well, you cannot have everything.

296079[/snapback]

I thought the Doctor did give himself a name in one episode ... I may be dreaming here and it has been a long time since I watched any Voyager (it's not airing here either that I know of), but I could have sworn the Doctor gave himself a name in one episode about midway through the series??? Does anybody remember that?

;) alright, alright - i've a confession myself - i've always thought, minus some 'frown lines', that B'elanna bears a STRIKING resemblance to my younger sister - in fact, the resemblance is a little creepy - now, not Roxanne Dawson, 'cause i've checked our favourite Klingon actress sans make-up - nope - my sister looks like a Klingon - please, gawd, don't let her EVER see this... ;)

296587[/snapback]

I don't know, I think Klingon women are pretty cool looking! Remember Worf's first love interest (K'lar was it? Alexander's mom). She was beautiful, ridges and all. And, of course, Grilka (DS9) wasn't bad to look at either.

Maybe your sister shouldn't be offended by you thinking she looks like a Klingon!

yes, in 'Endgame' (i remembered the episode title!!!), the doctor had given himself the name 'joe' - a man after my own heart...

didn't worf's girlfriend also play dr. selar, crusher's counterpart? - i think she played an Andorian 'bad-guy' on ENT, too - not saying my sister is beautiful, just don't wanna find out if she gets angry like Klingon, either... ;)

:laugh: alright, alright - i've a confession myself - i've always thought, minus some 'frown lines', that B'elanna bears a STRIKING resemblance to my younger sister - in fact, the resemblance is a little creepy - now, not Roxanne Dawson, 'cause i've checked our favourite Klingon actress sans make-up - nope - my sister looks like a Klingon - please, gawd, don't let her EVER see this... :blink:

296587[/snapback]

This comment just cracks me up. If your sister is anything like Stan's on South Park, you may be in real trouble. :o

oh dear - i MEANT to say 'not saying my sister ISN'T beautiful' - durn double negatives - not quite like Stan's sis, but i am now SERIOUSLY dead if she ever sees this...

did i mention she's got the temper of a klingon?..i am so toast... :giljotiini:

296079[/snapback]

His first name was Schweitzer (heroes and demons) that he decided not to use it because it was the last words his holo girlfriend said as she died in his arms..

His second name was Shmulas (lifesigns) after his Vedian girlfriends father or uncle but i think he only lets his girlfriend call him that

i guess u got to be a true voyanerd to know stuff like that

296079[/snapback]

His first name was Schweitzer (heroes and demons) that he decided not to use it because it was the last words his holo girlfriend said as she died in his arms..

His second name was Shmulas (lifesigns) after his Vedian girlfriends father or uncle but i think he only lets his girlfriend call him that

i guess u got to be a true voyanerd to know stuff like that

296715[/snapback]

Yes, I knew that. But those names never held.

< still crying that Voyager isn't on at midnight anymore...

I'll eventually fall to Paramount's money-making scheme of selling Voyager DVD's.....

I've been watching more of the DVD's over the past few weeks. So far I have all of seasons 4 through 6 and part of season 7.

Only a few episodes I've never seen before, Voyager is the only series I haven't seen every episode of but I'm working on that little by little. I think I've seen about 90% of it now.

Still my favorite episodes seem to center around the Doctor. So much potential with his character.

uhm, my buddy says the doctor played a 'doctor' on the old series 'china beach' - anyone know if this is true? - i agree with the character's potential, and thought that in a lot of cases, the series did maximaize on such, for instance all the aways where the doctor was the only hope, and the interface with the photonic beings during that war on the holodecks...

me thinks me needs to do the "VBG et al." and start collecting the series on DVD - not only am i missing V for the lack of re-runner channels, but i'm so cloudy on episode names it's embarrassing...

VOYAGER, we luv you!!! B)

uhm, my buddy says the doctor played a 'doctor' on the old series 'china beach' - anyone know if this is true? -

298235[/snapback]

He did indeed. An excellent show. I love Marg Hellenberger and Dana Delaney.

Maybe once this stupid reality craze is over we'll see more really good shows like China Beach.

Definitely buy the DVDs for Voyager. We have all seven seasons of DS9 and TNG and it is awesome to have the freedom from television. You can't depend on t.v. to air what you want to see when you want to see it.

Definitely buy the DVDs for Voyager.  We have all seven seasons of DS9 and TNG and it is awesome to have the freedom from television.  You can't depend on t.v. to air what you want to see when you want to see it.

I totally agree..Nothing like popping in a Trek DVD whenever you want..If I had to depend on TV for my Star Trek I'd never get to see it..

i miss voyager, i miss it *cries*

I miss Seven Of Nine :( :(

299068[/snapback]

Was that comment really necessary ? :)

Yes.

299072[/snapback]

Well, perhaps to you it is necessary..I may feel better about it if you would elaborate beyond a 5 word post..

OK.

For you Spacetigger, here is my elaboration.

Aside from her obvious beauty, she was a superb character who's arrival immediately improved a dismal show.

That's about twenty-five words.

:)

I also liked the Intrepid Class Starship.

No further elaboration needed on that, I think.

i agree - the Intrepid class was the best starship so far; you know what? seven was my favourite all-time Trek character, too - Jerri Ryan is indeed beautiful :ooh2:, and the character epitomized that strange sort of duality i think we all feel at some time in our lives: sorta stuck between worlds, and trying our best to make sense and ends- ok, maybe that's just me, but oh well - see, i always identified with the misfits in Trek; Spock, Saavik, definitely Deanna (durn empathy, i can't stand five MINUTES on the subway...) - seven, however, really had to face herself in order to grow, and i can identify with that LARGE - i miss Voyager, and i miss seven most of all...

and, for the record, Voyager was far from dismal - just look at those damsals!!! :)

Edited by joeybear

Why dont you guys get re-runs? It plays everday at 6:00 on Space, that is if you live in Canada. wow that sux. Is UPN seriously the only station that plays trek in the US?

I miss Voyager too, I wish I was older when the actually was actually airing normally. I was 4 when it started so I only really caught the end of the last season and grew up on re-runs.

ahh, reruns - that be true TREK fashion, mate - i dinna know 'bout SPACE, may consider gettin' cable - then again, maybe i won't...

Voyager is my second favourite ST Series but TNg is my favourite. I haven't whatched Voyager much, anywhere where I can find out stuff? maybe i'll get the dvd's sometime it does interest me

the dvd's r awesome, and i got them 'cause i couldn't find a channel that had it. i mean, when i went to startrek.com, they said it was syndicated, but then it wouldn't tell me where it was, so i just got the dvd's. oh yea, and VOY is my fav. but not because it's good (because if i picked my fav. because it was good, i would pick TNG), but because i liked it the most. so, yea.

CHI

:yahoo:

I've seen a few episodes of Voyager. I liked them, so I want to buy the seasons after I finish DS9 (I'm currently on season 4)

Edited by sea trooper

All I can say is yes I miss Voyager, but bring back specifically Chakotay as a captain (purrs at the thought) he would have made a kick @ss captain.