Sign in to follow this  
Gotabite

Tom and B'Elanna

:bow:The personalities on Voyager have always fasinated me. The relationship between Tom and B'Elanna in particular fascinated me, as I would have not picture them together. I mean here you have a profound play boy, who initially seemed to see and treat women as objects for pleasure. Face it, although a great looking guy, I think most women would have viewed Tom as a jerk once they got to know him.

:bow: Then you have B'Ellana, an outspoken,angry women whose bi-acial heritage and non acceptance by humans led to rebeliious troubling behaviors that brought serious criticisim upon her. She had serious trouble with self control. She was defiant. Yet highly talented and intelligent.

An unlikely pair? For me, I never would have guessed in the beginning of Voyager that either B'Ellana or Tom would end up in any relationship, let alone with each other. I'm just curious to get others opinion about why these two were attracted together, and why they calmed and changed each other so, and of course, why it worked and became a permanent bond. :bow:

I never saw it either..I had just assumed B'Elanna would tire of his constant comes ons. If you think of it in another way; each star trek has had relationships develop and aside from the unlikely pairing of Worf and Jadzia, could you have forseen any other match ups on Voyager?

I never saw it either..I had just assumed B'Elanna would tire of his constant comes ons. If you think of it in another way; each star trek has had relationships develop and aside from the unlikely pairing of Worf and Jadzia, could you have forseen any other match ups on Voyager?

Janeway and Chakotay.

Seven and the Doc.

Or, at least we hoped for this. :rolleyes:

:rolleyes:I thought B'Elanna would tire of him too. But even more I never thought he'd get serious about anyone, or become as profoundly mature as he did. I mean he really began to be able to call her on her inappropriate behavior, as much as she did him. To respond to your other comment......I never in my wildest dreams ever thought that Chakotay and Seven would end up together.

The fact that it would be considered to be so untypical of the two characters personalities is what made it so interesting.

In relationships I have found that opposites usually attract. The differences between the two people are often what makes the relationship stronger and more interesting.

In relationships I have found that opposites usually attract.  The differences between the two people are often what makes the relationship stronger and more interesting.

:rolleyes:Well, I must agree with you on this point. Two people with everything in common would be very boring. :rolleyes: Maybe too each was initially a challenge to the other. Whatever the case the attraction certainly became a bond that enhanced their personalities imensely. :rolleyes: