• David in Search for Spock
    • McCoy's father in Final Frontier
    • Gorkon in Undiscovered Country
    • Kirk in Generations
    • Data in Nemesis
    • Tasha in TNG
    • Lal in TNG
    • Dax in DS9

Although I did not see all of the deaths that were listed, of the ones I did see, my vote has to go to Spock. It was well acted and well written. Kirk's speech at Spock's funeral was perfect. He was so choked up by the end of it he almost couldn't say the last words. IMHO, I think it is one of the best deaths in any movie, not just Star Trek.

I voted for Spock's death scene,I still get teary eyed when I see the funeral with Kirk's eulogy.For me the worst death scene is Tasha Yar's,That episode for me is one of the worst TNG episodes.I don't even watch that episode when it comes on now.

I voted for Spock the whole of the end of the film from the part where Kirk gets the message on the bridge and looks round to see Spocks not there all the way to the last few lines

"You know. He's not realy dead so long as we remember him"

Yar's Death whilest not that good the Memorial was very good

and whilest not a death the part in Generations where Kirk gets pulled into the Nexus and Checkov (I think) says "My god where there any casualtys" and Scotty just says "Aye Lad" that was fantastic

My favorite death though was Kirks but thats just becaouse I hate him

I will now go and hide from all the Kirk lovers as my life is probably in grave danger

:) :blink: ;)

Saddest Death Scene!

------------------------------

1.Spock in TWOK

2.Edith Keeler in TOS

3.David in TSFS("senseless killing of him but brave to save Saavik and Spock")

4.Gorkon in TUC

5.Sybok in ST:TFF

6.Kirk in Generations wasa a silly way to go falling off a bridge not good for someone who saved the Day many times before

7.Data in NEMESIS

8.Tasha in "Skin Of Evil"

9.Lal in TNG

10. Dax in DS9

:laugh:;) :) :innocent:

I voted for Spocks death. Its dramatic and there are quite a couple of movies following the same concept of "The good of the many outweighs the needs of the few..or the one" death scenes, although not as dramatic as TWOK. One example is U-571 where a young chap died trying to repair something where he had to be underwater most of the time.

I know this isn't really a death scene but there was one where Worf was getting his promotion on the Enterprise and Picard got news that Rene died. We didn't really see him die but I think Stewart acted his part very well in portraying the impact of it. That was very touching indeed. :innocent:

Data for me, by far. I cried so much when that happened. I knew it was coming but it was still so sad. Especially when the crew toasts Data and then Picard's conversation with B-4.

For me it is

1. Spock in TWOK Spock saved the ship and came back to save Earth .

2. Data in Nemesis I still don't understand why.

3. Edith Keeler in TOS The acting during that episode is what made me a fan. It was the best. :innocent:

4. Lal in TNG. Data's unspoken emotions where felt by many.

It would have to be Spock in TWOK for me,first time i saw that film i was all choked up ;):laugh: ...but the worse death scene IMO would have to kirks death what a crap way to kill a legend :innocent:

Spock, Spock, Spock! For many reasons:

1.) Who would have thought they would have killed off a major character???? It was really unexpected and shocking. I felt what Kirk was feeling!

2.) It was hands down the best acting William Shatner has ever done ... with the exception of the priceline.com commercials with Leonard Nimoy.

3.) He may have come back in the next movie, but at the end of Wrath things looked pretty final and bleak.

I like the Ambassador K'Ehyler post above ... it had more of an impact on me than Jadzia's death. Worf seemed a lot more tore up after the death of K'Ehyler.

Jadzia's death was so abrupt and POINTLESSLY done. It was like "Oh, yeah, we gotta kill Jadzia now ... let's just let Gul Dukat do it by accident. That'll be a good way to send Terry Farrell off for "betraying" us by wanting to go be on a prime-time show with Ted Danson where she might actually have a set time slot every week as opposed to the modulating frequency we've put DS9 on now. The noive of that broad.

She should have had an entire episode to lead up to her dying. It was the most insulting death scene ever given to a character on Trek since they offed Tasha Yar on TNG! Jadzia was on the show 6 seasons ... she deserved a heck of a lot more than they gave Ms. One-Season Denise Crosby.

Just my opinion.

I voted Spock, because it was the only scene to make me cry. Followed by a close McCoys father, very emotional.

The deaths of a beloved Star Trek character has always been sorrowful for me. If I had my way I would have to choose more than one as the saddest death.

I decided to post my opinion on each death:

1. Edith Keeler - Tragic, because we all knew she had to die. Kirks reaction was heart wrentching.

2. Spock- Sad! One of the most loved torn away from us in what I like to call a Heroes Death.

3. David - Another tragedy and heartless death w/ a stone cold Savik's announcement of his death... Tear jerking scene of Kirk's reaction to his son's death.

4. McCoy's Father- Heart wrentching that's all (as I wipe my tears away).

5. Gorkon- What's up w/ the pepto bismal is all I could think...

6. Kirk- Shocking!!! WHY, why, why? And they did it twice in the movie. The first time on the ENT B then with the fall, couldn't they have let him stay in the Nexus?

7. Data- Another SHOCKER!!! Why couldn't it have been B4- a final switch at the end? Leave my STAR TREK the way it is... stop killing everyone in the movies! Up to then I thought Nemesis was a great movie.

8. Tasha - She wanted to leave the series, I had heard about it before the episode, I was like Good Riddance. Even though I did appreciate her returns later in the series.

9. Lal- Another sad, and hard to understand why make it so traggic.

10. Dax- Her death effected me most! How was DS9 going to continue w/out DAX, of course we all know that it did, but when that first happened. SAD was an understatement for me. I was genuinely depressed for a few days. I don't know why this death affected me the most, but it did. I don't think I will ever forget it.

I voted for Spock's death since it was most tragic, in my opinion...And Spock was just the most honorable, to me...

Even though I'm a big DS9 fan, watching Dax die wasn't that big of a shocker since I read the magazine like crazy and already knew she was leaving in some way...I thought that Ziyal's death was more tragic than Jadzia's...

(Oh, yea...I can't forget to mention the tragedies of Weyoun IV, V, VI, VII, and VIII's deaths...some were funny, some were sad...some were touching....)

Edited by Eris_IV

I was torn between Lal and Spock. I remember both tears and anger with Spock death, but it was a great scene, and left us with that " needs of the many outwieghing the needs of the one" conundrum: self-sacrifice.

But I chose Lal's death as one of the most poignant expressions of gratitude and familial love conveyed while facing impending death.

I can never remember the exact dialogue, but tender caring in those final intimate moments have stayed with me.....to me, quintessential trek.

I feel....

What do you feel, Lal?

I love you, father!

A pause, a mild grimmace on Data's face...

I wish I could feel it with you.

I will feel it for both of us. Thank you for my life.

Lal recites key revelatory moments in her life, which then ends.

We know that Data downloaded her memories into himself. We know that Data never again tried to procreate. But in that one episode Data experienced the two of the most central events in human living: birth of a child and death of a loved one.

Again, this death stays with me.

Another profound death-of-a-child scene, that is also quintessential trek, was the death of the old man Jake Sisko in The Visitor. It lasted very briefly, but it stung Ben Sisko, who cried out plaintively, " Jake, my sweet boy!" Transported back to the scene of the original accident, which he was then able to avoid, he hugs his living young son Jake, probably reiminiscing about the death that he had just witnessed.

Well I voted Spock along time ago but I gotta say for as sad as his death was I'm finding Data's death sadder in the long run; Data unlike Spock did not have the Genesis device to fall back on and be resurrected, his is permanent. :lol: *feels a stab in the heart again*

I would have to say Spock. It was the first death of a core crew member. Kirk's reaction and the way he acted at the funeral sequence all was tear jerking. The way the music started with Scotty on the bagpipes and the orchestra swelled to take over from the pipes as the exterior shot is shown when the tube is launched...::::shivers:::: Still gives me goosebumps to watch it today.

After Spock, I would say Jadzia. I developed a fondness for the character and it was made all the more tragic by the fact the she and Worf had so recently wed.

Kirks death in Generations touched me too. After all, even though he was not technically alone when he died, Spock and McCoy were not there, something Kirk had predicted many many years before.

Another death I did not see mentioned was that of Kor. I was touched by that one as well. While it is true he died in glorious battle against the Jem Hadar and against overwhelming odds, he was THE first Klingon :lol: . Then not too long after that, John Colicos himself died, on my birthday :bow:

Even though spock and tasa was sad data was more sad.. cause one reason hes only human robot..Also data try to understand little of all things he was one of a kind..No one else was like him in space..

post-761-1094460222.jpg

Click For Spoiler
How about Sim in last season's ENT?

258428[/snapback]

I was wondering why so many people haven't mentioned Sim... His death was quite sad, but was required for the continuation for Tucker's survival..

Towards the ending of "Similitude" [ENT #62] was nice also, with the bagpipes and all. :b-day:

But my vote goes to immortal death scene of Spock's in the 1982 film of Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan. :b-day:

(I think we could agree Kirk could have had a better death scene, rather than dying on Veridian III... :b-day: )

lastresort.jpg42.gif

I picked when Data died in Nemesis. And for the person who made the opening post for this Poll. There was emotion. When they were on the Enterprise and everyone thought that Picard and Data had died. There may not have been any before Data died but you have to remember. Data has no emotions. So why have emotion with and emotionless android? Well thats what I picked and I would have to disagree. I picked Data because I thought it was sad. I had no bond with Data at all. My favorite character on TNG is Picard. So you could not say I picked him because of a bond between the character and I.