Sign in to follow this  
ddillard

Episode Spotlight

320x240.jpg

Click for Spoiler:

Deep Space Nine crewmembers travel back in time — and integrate with Kirk's Enterprise crew.

The Defiant is returning from Cardassian space with the Bajoran Orb of Time. A Klingon named Arne Darvin, surgically altered to look human, has come aboard as a passenger. He uses the Orb to send the Defiant more than one hundred years into the past — near the original U.S.S. Enterprise as it orbited Deep Space Station K-7. Records reveal Darvin was a spy then, and that he was caught having poisoned a shipment of grain on the station. Darvin is out to change history, possibly by killing Captain James T. Kirk, who originally exposed him as the spy.

While Sisko, Dax, Bashir, and O'Brien dress in period uniforms and search the Enterprise for Darvin, Odo and Worf, disguised as civilians, do the same on the station. Soon they are interacting — albeit as little as possible — with Starfleet legends from a century ago. Odo, at the station's bar, watches as Lt. Uhura has her first encounter with a furry, cooing, adorable little creature known as a Tribble.The Enterprise goes to red alert — a Klingon ship is approaching the station! But they only want shore leave. Later, in the K-7 bar, Bashir and O'Brien join Worf and Odo, and are swept into a brawl between the Klingons and Enterprise crew members, including Mr. Scott and Ensign Chekov. Odo and Worf spot Darvin during the fight, just as Bashir and O'Brien are taken by Enterprise security personnel.

Bashir and O'Brien are questioned by Captain Kirk himself, then soon notice that the Enterprise is littered with Tribbles. Meanwhile, Worf and Odo materialize on board the Defiant with Darvin. He reveals that he planted a bomb in one of the Tribbles, set to kill Kirk within the hour. Sisko and Dax go to the Enterprise Bridge and scan the starship, but find no explosive. That leaves a manual scan aboard K-7, but there are over a million Tribbles involved. Realizing the bomb is in the storage compartments, Sisko and Dax enter the bin where the poisoned grain is stored, and see that the Tribbles have eaten it all and died. They scan the compartment — while Kirk opens the outside door and is hit by a stream of falling Tribbles. Luckily, Sisko finds the explosive Tribble before it finds Kirk and has the Defiant beam it into space, where it detonates harmlessly. The timeline continues uninterrupted, allowing Kirk to expose Darvin as before.

240x320.jpg

This was a great episode that merged DS9 with one of the greatest TOS episodes of all time.

Edited by ddillard

Yes it was, I love this one with a passion. One thing them, which download, can look out for on the download sites are The Making of Trials and Tribble-ations. I have it on VHS recorded right before the episode and there is some good deleted stuff in it, like a shot of the warp-core they created for the 1701 but did not use in the show.

This has got to be one of my favorite DS9 episodes. Has a little action and a little comedy, and everything else that makes a great DS9 episode.

This is one of my favorites as well. I loved it when O'Brien comes out and says "I lied to Cpt. Kirk" all proud of himself... LOL Classic!

There are a lot of great lines in this episode.

Click for Spoiler:

One of my favorites is when they are discussing the uniforms before beaming off the defiant and Dax appears and interjects, "And Women wore less." Then she starts posing, and Bashir says "I think I am going to like it here."

I really liked this episode. When I saw the Original Enterprise appear on the screen (with the original score mixed in with ds9's) I all but took out a lighter and swung it in the air.

:bow::bow::bow::bow: :) :bow:

I really liked this episode.  When I saw the Original Enterprise appear on the screen (with the original score mixed in with ds9's) I all but took out a lighter and swung it in the air. 

:bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :bow:  :)

LOL. I have to agree that was a touching moment when I watched the episode as well. It was great to see the DS9 Crew intermingled with the TOS Crew, and the show had alot of other great moments as well.

I liked it at the end when:

Click for Spoiler:

Sisko went to Kirk and said what an honor it had been serving with him, sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.

I liked it at the end when:

Click for Spoiler:

Sisko went to Kirk and said what an honor it had been serving with him, sends chills up my spine just thinking about it.

That was another great moment. This episode had so many.

I enjoyed the whole fight scene a well, when Kirk interogated his crew and when

Click for Spoiler:

The ds9 crew got their first look at the Klingons of that era and asked Worf what had happened, " It is not something we like to discuss" Stellar! Great Ep!

Every time I see the original 'Trouble with Tribbles' now:

Click for Spoiler:

After Kirk gets buried with tribbles, I think of Sisko and Jadzia up in the storage compartment throwing tribbles down on Kirk.

Every time I see the original 'Trouble with Tribbles' now:

Click for Spoiler:

After Kirk gets buried with tribbles, I think of Sisko and Jadzia up in the storage compartment throwing tribbles down on Kirk.

:lol: :rolleyes:

<h4 style="cursor:hand" onClick="expandit(this)">Click for Spoiler:</h4>

<span style="display:none" style=&{head};>antribbl.gif</span>

:blink: That's really funny Indy.

Stardate:213427.9

I love any episode/movie that mixes crews together.That would have to be on my top 5 of fav.DS9 episodes

I thought it was funny when Worf was asked " What happened " referring to the Klingons lumpy foreheads, or lack of them, and Worfs reply was " It's a long story " :)

I loved this one its the only DS9 show that i have tried to download. The funny thing is when the two captians meet that seen was taken from mirror mirror and at the time he was looking at marlena morleau and so if you look kirk is learing at sisko

Both Tribbles episodes are at the top of my favorites list.

Some one told me that when when they were filming "Trials", Bashir was having trouble flipping open his communicator. A hand reached out from behind the set, taking it from him and proceeded to open it with that classic wrist flip. A voice in a thick Scottish accent said, "This is how is how you do it, Laddie". Needless to say it broke up the entire cast.

Does anyone know if this is true?

I hadn't heard that story. Might very well be true, though.

Both Tribbles episodes are at the top of my favorites list.

Some one told me that when when they were filming "Trials", Bashir was having trouble flipping open his communicator.  A hand reached out from behind the set, taking it from him and proceeded to open it with that classic wrist flip. A voice in a thick Scottish accent said, "This is how is how you do it, Laddie".  Needless to say it broke up the entire cast.

Does anyone know if this is true?

The way I heard it is that it was Walter Koenig who showed him how to open it. Either way, how cool!

This episode was just a great way to do a winks to the TOS!!!!

It was well done. It could have been horrible. But it was well written and they took a good one to do it with.

Just starting to watch the season 5 DVds..Just finished watching Trials and Tribilations for the very first time..Course I've heard about it but I never actually saw it before. I liked it a lot of course since I'm a big TOS fan and a big Tribble fan.(I own 7 of them!!)..They did a great job blending the DS9 characters with the original Tribbles story..It looked great..So, is this what the TOS DVDs are going to look like when they finally redo and release them?..I hope so..What a great picture quality...I can remember trying to tune in a TV antenna as a kid so I could watch the original Star Trek..! Anyway what do you think of Trials and Tribilations?

Stardate:213775.9

Its definitly my favorite cross-over episode.I just loved seeing the TOS crew again on tv.I thought it was amazing the way they blended the crews together.Imagine what it was like for Sisko to be standing in front of the great Captian Kirk getting your duty roster signed.That must of been unbelieveable!