Sign in to follow this  
DrWho42

Please Stay Off-topic Part 2

Why do people constantly return to the refrigerator with hopes that something new to eat will have materialized?

353540[/snapback]

It's because they are on the Enterprise. :lol:

Why is it that whenever you attempt to catch something that's falling off the table you always manage to knock something else over?

I want my new video! I'm so excited because I've never ordered anything online before!

(Apart from some tickets for my mum).

I've just finished talking with a friend at Worthy Boards, a Christian message board.

I was asking her for some pointers on presenting the Lord's message to non-believers and others.She's been at it longer than me, and gave me some good advice (though, I suppose I already knew most of it.Like Kirk with Spock, I just like hearing her back up my already decided-upon course of action).

The Lord says that all of his followers should "Go into all the world and preach the Gospel." Mark 16:15 .

I've decided to do that on the Internet (thus my website).

But I am not eloquent of speech, and have a problem getting my points across.So I've been a little afraid to wade in and fight the good fight.

I think most of you here can back up the fact that I'm not the best debater or cyber-conversationalist.It really frustrates me when I can't seem to say what I want to say, and that just makes it worse.

I'm basically going to pray about it,and ask God to give me the words and direction I need.As with so many things, I need his guidance and assistance.

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is suffering from some form of mental illness....think of your three best friends, if they're okay, then its you.......................

How come its called an MP3 player if it's not accepting MP3s? *Looks down at player* It would help if I turned it on... :oops2:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

In winter why do we try to keep the house as warm as it was in summer when we complained about the heat?

353910[/snapback]

:inlove: You and your questions are very interesting and it makes me thoguhtful :lol: :P :P

_________________________________________________________________________________

I am so excited to go to bed I am so tired and uncomfortable...:P... just 'flop' into bed....

Why does someone believe you when you say there are four billion stars, but check when you say the paint is wet?

AHH! My eyes! I've been staring at the computer so long that when I stare away from the screen my eyes hurt!

Plus my avatar scares the hell out of me...

Edited by sea trooper

I was at the grocery store earlier today and some guy walked over to me,gave me a bear hug and started talking about how great it was to see me after all these years, how much fun we had had in high school, and telling me what he'd been up to since graduation (he went directly to college,I went into the Army).He acted as if I were his long lost brother........

:frusty:

Problem was I had no idea who he was.

Though he obviously knew me, and had obviously gone to school with me since I remember some of the things he mentioned and some of the names he dropped.

So to avoid the embarrassment of saying "Who are you?" I just smiled and nodded and shook his wife's hand and spoke only when necessary and in the most general terms.

Apparently it worked.

After a few minutes his wife prodded him along and I was just sort of like.... B) "Who the heck was that?"

If at first you don't succeed, shouldn't you try doing it like your wife told you to do it?

B) Time to go pick up the most beautiful girl in the world....next to Mandy of course :frusty:

Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?

Why is it that no plastic bag will open from the end you first try?

356238[/snapback]

I have often wondered this too. :(

Its not just the people in Holland who are stoned but the weather is as well :( ..for the last 2 weeks its been in the low 50's...and now today the temp has shot up to the high 80's :)

At last my internet upgrade (30mb download speed) is paying off...most times i get my downloads from bittorrent at average speed of 120kb...but i am clocking 325kb just on one download (harry potter 4) :) :P :laugh:

My top looks like a English 1970s school uniform, according to my lecturer andy! :laugh:

Edited by xXTrekkieCaraXx

I am 10-1-1 in my Yahoo fantasy football league.

I would be undefeated for the sake of 2 points..... :)

My lineup:

(starters)

QB: Tom Brady (NE)

WR: Chad Johnson (Cin)

WR: Hines Ward (Pit)

WR: Jerry Porter (Oak)

RB: Sean Alexander (Sea)

RB: Larry Johnson (KC)

TE: Heath Miller (Pit)

K: Josh Brown (Sea)

DEF: Indianapolis Colts

(Bench)

QB: Ben Roethlisberger (Pit)

WR: Deion Branch (NE)

WR: Joe Jurivicius (Sea)

RB: Reuben Droughns (Cle)

RB: Mike Anderson (Den)

I average 20-points more than my opponents week-to-week. The game I lost, I lost by a single point. The game I tied, I would have won (by 7 points) if I would have played Hines Ward that day, rather than Deion Branch (early this season)..... :P

Why do I have the horrible feeling I'll be beat in the first game of the playoffs? :laugh: