Sign in to follow this  
Takara_Soong

Known or Suspected Famous Trekkies/Trekkers

Matt Stone and Trey Parker (Creators of South Park)

293657[/snapback]

OOps, somebody said that already.

293659[/snapback]

Yep B)

By the way, they have a whole episode which is a takeoff of "Dagger of the Mind". The South Park episode's name was something like Roger Ebert should Layoff Fatty Foods. Matt and Trey are Trekkies big time.
I had thought they were. But then, I was not sure if the one or two times I heard Trek mentioned in SP was a coincidence or not (because I had not seen past the beginning of season 4 of South Park). I am glad to see that my guess was correct B)

Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer might be one. I know there were a few references to Trek in the series (ok, so there were also the slightly stereotypical characters that called themselves the Evil Trio or something like that. But as far as I remember there were more than just them)

293657[/snapback]

OOps, somebody said that already. By the way, they have a whole episode which is a takeoff of "Dagger of the Mind". The South Park episode's name was something like Roger Ebert should Layoff Fatty Foods. Matt and Trey are Trekkies big time.

293659[/snapback]

Yep i know that episode...also the first episode of the 4th grade has 2 guys with borg tee-shirts on and they make a time machine for cartman and the gang so they can go back to 3rd grade but the 2 guys keep fighting over how many episodes where in TOS and also which time travel method was best spocks round the sun time warp or data's vortex B)

You should add Christian Slayter.  He played the extra who woke Sulu up in The Undiscovered Country.

293731[/snapback]

He is on the list already, Van Roy. He's listed after Carol Mosley Braun and Whoopi Goldberg.

I'm going to update again once a few more names are added. It sure is getting long. Keep them coming.

293657[/snapback]

OOps, somebody said that already. By the way, they have a whole episode which is a takeoff of "Dagger of the Mind". The South Park episode's name was something like Roger Ebert should Layoff Fatty Foods. Matt and Trey are Trekkies big time.

293659[/snapback]

Yep i know that episode...also the first episode of the 4th grade has 2 guys with borg tee-shirts on and they make a time machine for cartman and the gang so they can go back to 3rd grade but the 2 guys keep fighting over how many episodes where in TOS and also which time travel method was best spocks round the sun time warp or data's vortex B)

293814[/snapback]

Ok, now I gotta catch that one.. If it comes back on on a rerun, I have to see that B)

I guess you could add Mel Brooks. He did spoof Trek in Spaceballs, is currently working on Spaceballs II which will probably also include somt Trek references, and he also put Patrick Stewart in Robin Hood: Men in Tights.

A sequel?!?! Awesome! B)

Robert Atkins, the developer of the Atkins diet apparently is a Star Trek fan.

Also, I believe Kathie Lee Gifford (shudder) may be one as well because one year for Halloween, she dressed up as Jadzia Dax.

I can't believe I never realised that was Iggy Pop as the Vorta.

294990[/snapback]

He had an awesome line too:

Quark: "Family--you understand."

Yelgrun: "Not really. I was cloned."

His delivery of that line was just so good.

Plus he is the first to foreshadow the coming of the Breen into the war when he says:

Yelgrun: "And I thought the Breen were annoying...."

The Big Show. He did do a guest spot on Enterprise. I don't know his real name, so if he's already in there, oops.

The Big Show. He did do a guest spot on Enterprise. I don't know his real name, so if he's already in there, oops.

296147[/snapback]

Paul Wight...Or White...Not Sure Which, lol

George Lucas Is A Trek Fan :laugh:

Ok I didn't see Tim Allen on here. Also Dwayne Douglas "The Rock" Johnson appered on one of the Voyager eps I think, I can't remember the name tho.

I just read that Neal McDonough - who plays Dr. Connor on Medical Investigations was an avid trek fan since his childhood. According to the article landing the role of Lt. Hawke in First Contact was a dream come true.

I was trying to remember where I saw him before.

Ok I didn't see Tim Allen on here. Also Dwayne Douglas "The Rock" Johnson appered on one of the Voyager eps I think, I can't remember the name tho.

296727[/snapback]

I think the episode was called tsunkatse. I think I have mis-spelled

Joss Whedon, creator of Buffy the Vampire Slayer might be one. I know there were a few references to Trek in the series (ok, so there were also the slightly stereotypical characters that called themselves the Evil Trio or something like that. But as far as I remember there were more than just them)

293807[/snapback]

I can catergorically say as a wheedon fan that yes Joss wheedon is a fan, and that also he, when he was making firefly, got to see the set for Enterprise, before it was airing!!!

296727[/snapback]

I think the episode was called tsunkatse. I think I have mis-spelled

296828[/snapback]

Nope, that's the correct spelling.

Here's the list updated once again:

• Colin Powell
  • Dahlai Lama
  • Tom Hanks
  • Dr. Mae Jamieson
  • Neil Armstrong
  • Jean Simmons (actress)
  • Paul Sorvino
  • Mira Sorvino (strongly suspect she is)
  • Berkeley Breathed (cartoonist - Opus, Bloom County)
  • Bill Amend (cartoonist - Fox Trot)
  • Seth McFarlane (creator of Family Guy)
  • Bill Gates
  • Al Gore
  • Eddie Murphy
  • Jason Alexander
  • Dr. Stephen Hawking
  • Scott Adams (cartoonist - Dilbert)
  • Isaac Asimov
  • Laurell K. Hamilton
  • Douglas Adams
  • Carol Moseley Braun
  • Christan Slater
  • Whoopi Goldberg
  • Ashley Judd
  • Most, if not all, of NASA
  • Most, if not all, of Microsoft
  • George Noory
  • Art Bell
  • Marc Scott Zicree
  • Ben Browder
  • Rockne S. O'Bannon
  • Charles M. Schulz
  • King Abdullah of Jordan
  • Vin Diesel
  • John Glenn
  • Mel Gibson
  • Sally Ride
  • Mick Fleetwood
  • James Worthy
  • Bebe Neuworth
  • Kelsey Grammer
  • Tom Morello
  • Martin Luther King Jr.
  • Arthur C. Clarke
  • Rod Serling
  • Trey Parker
  • Matt Stone
  • Howard Stern
  • Will smith
  • Iggy pop
  • Ben Stiller
  • Conan O'Brien
  • Kirstie Alley
  • Tom Bergeron
  • Beastie Boys
  • Kevin Newman
  • Richard Dean Anderson
  • Drew Carey
  • Eric McCormack
  • Weird Al Yankovic
  • Joss Whedon
  • Mel Brooks
  • Robert Atkins
  • Kathy Lee Gifford
  • Paul "Big Show" Wight
  • George Lucas
  • Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson
  • Tim Allen
  • Neal McDonough

I just read that Neal McDonough - who plays Dr. Connor on Medical Investigations was an avid trek fan since his childhood.  According to the article landing the role of Lt. Hawke in First Contact was a dream come true.

I was trying to remember where I saw him before.

296815[/snapback]

He did a series called Boomtown a couple of seasons ago. If that's not where you remember him from here's a link to his page at IMDB

296727[/snapback]

"Tsunkatse" for Voyager

Don't know why I didn't add him sooner, but I'm now adding Robin Williams to the list. He almost guested on TNG. The part of Berlingoff Rasmussen (A Matter of Time) was actually written for him but scheduling difficulties made it impossible for him to film the episode. Matt Frewer played the role instead.

I thought of that after reading this at st.com:

Deserving mention for the best Trek reference of the night was Robin Williams who, in his acceptance speech for the Cecil B. DeMille award, thanked the Hollywood Foreign Press for the honor and also for the design of the ceremony's venue, saying that it looked like it was made for "Star Trek: The Musical."

Was reading an interview with Paul McGillion from Stargate: Atlantis, and he said that he had watched the entirity of TOS, so I guess that would make him a trek fan right?

Do you think it would be possible for these supposed Trek[kies/kers] to help out in the renewal of Star Trek? [The ones that are still alive, that is... :dude: ]

post-812-1095566621.gif

No one has mentioned Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. he and his whole family were big Star Trek fans, As a matter of fact its because of Dr. King that Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) stayed on the show!

Edited by Klingonmike

Someone on 24… "He's dead jack", dead red-shirted security officers, and the interrogation room that looks like a section 31 interrogation room.

No one has mentioned Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. he and his whole family were big Star Trek fans, As a matter of fact its because of Dr. King that Nichelle Nichols (Uhura) stayed on the show!

303986[/snapback]

It's on there without his doctorate title