Sign in to follow this  
Wishfire

Books

1. Anne Rice's "The Vampire Chronicles," as well as the the couple novels under the series heading "New Tales of the Vampires." I guess I'd also have to throw in "The Lives of the Mayfair Witches" because I also like that series a lot, as well as the fact that the two series bridge over in several novels.

2. The fantasy series "The Sword of Truth," by Terry Goodkind.

3. The sci-fi/fantasy series "The Dragonriders of Pern," by Anne McCaffrey.

4. The political/techno-thriller Jack Ryan novels by Tom Clancy.

I have a couple. First and foremost is the entire New Frontier series by Peter David. In fact, his latest in the series was just released recently. It titled, "After the Fall". I hope to pick it up this week and continue the adventures of Captain Calhoun.

The second series is the entire "Rama" series by Arthur C. Clarke. Long but extremely well worth it since it deals from a practical science standpoint, the idea of first contact by an alien culture.

And third, strange as this sounds, the Shadow series of pulp novels by Maxwell Grant, aka, Walter Gibson, from the 1930's. A great look in the world that was back then.

Jurassic Park and The Lost World.

Edited by sea trooper

I love the Dark Tower series by Stephen King. I haven't read The Vampire Chronicals yet, because I still have to get Interview With the Vampire - I have the others, though. Since I love vampires, I'm sure The Vampire Chronicals will be my favorite. :(

I usually prefer non-fiction - although I occasionally read a novel. Sometimes I pick up a classic that I missed in my high school education. (I did read a lot of Scifi when I was a teenager)

I am picky not only about plots but how things are written - I find certain writing styles difficult to read. I have also, as I've gotten older, found that I read more for information rather than the flourish of the language so I get irritated with superflous words.

I find newspapers particularly annoying - you have to read three paragraphs in to find out what the article is about. Whatever happened to reverse pyramid?

Too many to list... The Wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, The Symphony of Ages series by Elizabeth Haydon, The Sword of Truth series by Terry Goodkind, Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling, and of course, a bunch of Trek books.

Andy McNab's books....bravo two zero,immediate action(both true storys),boy soldier,Fire wall,Remote control B)

One of my favorites is a children's series by C.S. Lewis : Chronicles of Narnia. I reread them recently...they are still fun!