Sign in to follow this  
trekbabe

Uk release dates for DS9 DVD'S

Here are the dates for the release of the DS9 DVD's UK side for anyone who wants to know.

Season 1: 24/03/03

Season 2: 28/04/03

Season 3: 23/06/03

Season 4: 25/08/03

Season 5: 27/10/03

Season 6: 01/12/03

Season 7: 22/12/03

Think it's a bit of a bummer releasing 2 sets in one month, and one 3 days before crimbo.......... but i have to have them!!!!!

Do US DVD's work in the UK? If so you may be able to get them earlier by ordering them when they come out here. I know there are different regions for DVD's though so they may not work there.

Do US DVD's work in the UK? If so you may be able to get them earlier by ordering them when they come out here. I know there are different regions for DVD's though so they may not work there.

Im not sure about that one. I don't know if they are formatted differently. Does anyone else know?

I found this:

http://www.dvdadept.com/DVD_Regions.asp

DVD Region Codes

DVD region codes is a provision in the DVD Specification that requires DVD players to be hard-coded to accept DVDs that is only meant to be played within one of six designated world regions. A Code 1 disc cannot be played in a Code 3 DVD player for example. This technique was developed to enable Hollywood companies to release movies at different times in different regions.

DVD regions are defined as:

Region 1 - 1: U.S., Canada, U.S. Territories

Region 2 - Japan, Europe, South Africa, and Middle East (including Egypt)

Region 3 - Southeast Asia and East Asia (including Hong Kong)

Region 4 - Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Central America, Mexico, South America, and the Caribbean

Region 5 - 5: Eastern Europe (Former Soviet Union), Indian subcontinent, Africa, North Korea, and Mongolia

Region 6 - Peoples Republic of China

Region 7 - Reserved

Region 8 - Special international venues (airplanes, cruise ships, etc.)

The article states some DVD players will play any region but you have to have that kind of DVD player for a Region 1 DVD to work in a Region 2 or 3 Player.