Sign in to follow this  
hangon

Bird of prey in ST4

After watching ST4 today something caught my attention,why didnt starfleet raise the klingon bird of prey and use the cloaking device for Fed ships??..i belive the first ship to have one was the defiant but starfleet could have had it long before then,i guess what i am saying is you would think they could have used something like a cloaking device. :biggrin:

The Treaty Of Algeron was ridiculous.

There's no way that Starfleet would have agreed to not develop cloaking technology just to allow the Federation to sign a treaty with the Romulans.

From a story perspective, it's meant to show that the Federation are "nice guys" while the Klingons and Romulans are sneaky and aggressive.

After watching ST4 today something caught my attention,why didnt starfleet raise the klingon bird of prey and use the cloaking device for Fed ships??..i belive the first ship to have one was the defiant but starfleet could have had it long before then,i guess what i am saying is you would think they could have used something like a cloaking device. :biggrin:

290356[/snapback]

That wasn't the first time, either. In the TOS episode The Enterprise Incident, Kirk stole a cloaking device from a Romulan ship and used it to get the Enterprise to saftey.

The Klingon Bird Of Prey is such an awesome ship which has proven itself time and time again, Starfleet should have stolen it's design AND cloaking device to use as a Fighter or something.

:unsure:

I prefer to think that Starfleet did actually develop the ultimate cloaking device that surpasses any Klingon & Romulan detection. That is why we have never seen any Federation CLOAKED ship. Its just too good. The Defiant Cloaking Device was probably flawed. :unsure:

Well, the Federation did develop a cloak device that was also a phase inducer (is that the proper term?). So even if it was detected, what would someone do about it? Open fire? Weapons would just pass right through!

its a conspiracy! there was no treaty...

err...i think the Fed's really dont need a cloaking device, they have the upper hand already with science and technology - weapons research etc..

err...i think the Fed's really dont need a cloaking device, they have the upper hand already with science and technology - weapons research etc..

290775[/snapback]

I see your point but having the upper hand IMO would be if they did have a cloaking device.

I prefer to think that Starfleet did actually develop the ultimate cloaking device that surpasses any Klingon & Romulan detection. That is why we have never seen any Federation CLOAKED ship. Its just too good. The Defiant Cloaking Device was probably flawed.

I agree with that Krysis cuz i cant see starfleet military passing up the chance of useing it,its like saying the CIA never used any russian technology :unsure:

I prefer to think that Starfleet did actually develop the ultimate cloaking device that surpasses any Klingon & Romulan detection. That is why we have never seen any Federation CLOAKED ship. Its just too good. The Defiant Cloaking Device was probably flawed. ;)

290732[/snapback]

Well, remember, Starfleet didn't come up with the cloaking device on the Defiant, it was a Romulan design... So they might have sabotaged it. About the Bird of Prey from ST4, perhaps it was an old Bird of Prey that Starfleet already had information about... There's conspiracies everywhere!!

I'd think that if the Federation used cloaking devices someone would've found out about it sooner or later. I mean, the Romulans (and other species) have spies in Starfleet, not to mention they have the technology to monitor ship movements. It would look kinda odd if they were monitoring one ship and it suddenly vanished, only to reappear somewhere else.

That would make some interresting plot-lines, though...

I hate the treaty of Algeron...

We would have the phase cloak, but no...... :laugh:

Starfleet is to goody-goody.......

Kirk stole the Bird Of Prey after his ship was destroyed in ST III:TSFS to try and rescue The Body Of Spock on Genesis and used it ST :IV TVH to head back to Earth from Vulcan it came in handy the Cloaking Device not being seen by the tracking devices of 1986 and another funny scene was when it dematerilized in front of the Whaling Ship but one would've thought that they might have salvaged the old Klingon Bird Of Prey after they crash landed in the water and maybe used it's Cloaking Technology ("But I think the Treaty OF Algeron is a good Idea")Starfleet isn't usually in the habit of sneaking around the exception being The Defiant Starship was Federation based but used a Romulan Cloaking Device during the War with the Founders ("Dominion War").

:laugh: :o :blink: :o

Studying the Klingon ship wouldn't be sneaking around. After all, it did land in San Fransisco Bay.

Mebbe that's why Starfleet sensors are so so good. They could create sensors to detect cloaks.

I'm glad some people agree with me about the Feds cloaks being too good. Mebbe it was so good you never have to ever switch it off.

Originally the ship was to be a Romulan one but then the writers changed it to a Klingon one, hence why it had those wings painted underneath it. I would say that when ever the ship crashed on Earth, in the interests of 'galactic peace' it was returned to the Klingons - perhaps that embassador who was bad mouthing Kirk at his hearing took it home.

Originally the ship was to be a Romulan one but then the writers changed it to a Klingon one, hence why it had those wings painted underneath it. I would say that when ever the ship crashed on Earth, in the interests of 'galactic peace' it was returned to the Klingons - perhaps that embassador who was bad mouthing Kirk at his hearing took it home.

298151[/snapback]

Maybe, but that doesn't mean that the Feds didn't study it first!

Using the USN as a base, I think they would have raised the Klingon ship to learn from her. Would they have used the design and cloaking device? I highly doubt it. The Navy didn't learn much from the Golf they lifted off the Pacific basin in the 1970's and I don't think they incorporated anything from that boat into the ours.

When Starfleet raised the Klingon ship, that had a lot of intelligence value. Not much practical value.

Just my own opinion...

:lol:

The Treaty of Algernon is ridiculous, I find it very hard to believe that anyone even the Federation would agree to limit their technological advancement at any cost other than having to completely surrender.

The Treaty of Algeron is ridiculous

Jimmy Carter must have been President Of The Federation when they agreed to that treaty.

302382[/snapback]

Well, you know that if it was Bush Sr. he would've lit the Reman dilithium mines on fire! :biggrin: