• Yes, more than 5 years
    • Yes, four years
    • Yes, three years
    • yes, two years
    • yes, one year
    • yes, I joned the Junior Classical league
    • Yes, I majored in classics
    • yes, I teach latin

Yes, I was and still am forced to. Not that I get along with it, in fact, I really hate it. I have to learn it within one year - the whole language. This is impossible. :biggrin: I already failed one test and there are more to come... <_< *sigh*

I took it for five years at my old school because we were forced to and I actually enjoyed it. I now take Spanish though and I like it a lot more.

I have not, though I am kind of interested in learning at least a little.

I took one year of French in middle school, 3 years of German in high school, and Spanish on and off in my first years of elementary school (the French & German were by choice, and the Spanish was a requirement.)

I sing in a few languages and am interested in learning more about a couple of them. Latin happens to be one of them.

Luckily most schools here don't require it. My mom was forced to take it when she was in high school and college and instilled a great fear of the language in me. :biggrin:

I guess i would say...over my dead body,it was hard enough learning dutch so i wont even atempt to learn it and i have no need for latin anyway.

I was never require to learn Latin in school. Maybe I am lucky. For a dead language a lot of people still use it. :biggrin:

Edited by Odie

Interesting....

I was correct in my assumption that there would be a penchant for those who were forced to take it to hate it, ergo the over my dead body option...

I've never taken it, though I would very much like to earn it. Latin is the basis for many modern European languages (such as Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, French) and I would like to see how that language influenced modern languages. I took about 4 years of French. From the little Latin I've seen, I can see a lot of similarities, and I want to know where those similarities come from. Also, I see Latin phrases all over the place, and I'd like to know what they mean without looking them up.

Of course, I want to learn German more than Latin. German is what my family (before coming to America) spoke, and I want to know more about them. The language included.

I've studied it for like seven years, and I'm struggling with it because it's sooo darn hard, but I'm ok with it and it's useful. I'm just taking it realll slow

I'm studying Latin by choice, but not making too much progress. :elephant:

I voted NO i cant speak Latin i wish i could but i dont think i would be able to because i already speak english,german and french so one more language would be too much for my brain :hug:

Edited by DutchDebbie