Sign in to follow this  
cassidy

Animated Series

I was wondering if any of you knew where I could get a copy/hire of the star trek animated series episodes. I haven't seen any yet and I want to make it my life's goal to watch all episodes of trek, but I can't if I haven't seen the animated ones

I have seen a few of the animated series, it used to be on the Sci Fi channel (back when I had cable). They are pretty good, a little primitive, but not bad. I also think you can download some of them from Kazaa.

I've seen the VHS taped for sale on ebay but it's hard to find more then one or two of them. I've also seen the entire series on ebay availible on Laser Disc, but then agian who really has a laser disc player... I myself downloaded the entire series from Kazaa and then burned it to VCD. I know these can be hard to find so I would be more then happy to share with anyone who is interested.

Have to download and watch them I guess, I have never seen TAS before..

They are the next on my list after I get DS9 downloaded.

I've seen the VHS taped for sale on ebay but it's hard to find more then one or two of them. I've also seen the entire series on ebay availible on Laser Disc, but then agian who really has a laser disc player... I myself downloaded the entire series from Kazaa and then burned it to VCD. I know these can be hard to find so I would be more then happy to share with anyone who is interested.

well actually most dvd players can play laserdiscs. i know my dvd player can play laserdiscs and my dvd player is already 4 years old. im sure most still do play them.

(and this is a great topic for utopia planitia. lol. discuss star trek products there)

Guest Ktrek

well actually most dvd players can play laserdiscs. i know my dvd player can play laserdiscs and my dvd player is already 4 years old. im sure most still do play them.

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but I would like to know how your DVD player can play a 12" laser disc since the standard size of a DVD is 4"? Perhaps you were thinking of another format like the VCDs mentioned?

Ktrek

thanks for all ur help, guys. but the only thing is that my pc isn't fast enough to handle episode downloads. also i dont wanna buy off the net cos i find it very risky (besides, i dont have a credit card)

I'm not trying to be argumentative here but I would like to know how your DVD player can play a 12" laser disc since the standard size of a DVD is 4"? Perhaps you were thinking of another format like the VCDs mentioned?

Ktrek

Let's face it KTrek, Bysty here is young and probably doesn't remember the days of Laser Discs and L.P.'s. Not that I'm very old but I do remember when you could walk into a record store and the whole store was full of vynal except for a small area for casset tapes and an even smaller area for CD's. And lets not forget the days of Beta!

Go ahead and watch the animated episodes, if you want to say you've seen all Trek.

But then you should really read the adapted book versions ov the cartoons that Alan Dean Foster wrote. They were much, much better. In fact, the story he wrote about the ancient, posessed ship is one of my favorite Trek stories of all time. It was very haunting and beautiful, not to mention intense Kirk torture/Spock comfort.

Go ahead and watch the animated episodes, if you want to say you've seen all Trek. 

But then you should really read the adapted book versions ov the cartoons that Alan Dean Foster wrote.  They were much, much better.  In fact, the story he wrote about the ancient, posessed ship is one of my favorite Trek stories of all time.  It was very haunting and beautiful, not to mention intense Kirk torture/Spock comfort.

Your talking about the "Log" series are you not? Log 1, Log 2, Log 3 ect... I can't remember how many they made. I've never actually read them but I've been wanting to.

At A DVD Site I'm A Member At, It Has The Schedueled DVD Release Of TAS On March 15. Same Day As The CE Of First Contact. The Dates On This Site Are Always Right And They Get Updated If There's A Change.