Sign in to follow this  
JGG

Star Trek Original Sreies

Well hi to everyone .

Today I just bought 2nd season of Star Trek TOS on DVD.

Even though I already have the complete series on VHS, I still like the DVD format better. I'll probably end up giving my older brother my VHS set for Christmas or as a birthday present.

Which leads me to ask ...Who all has the original series and in what format ?

I don't have any TOS seasons yet but when I do it will be DVDs. Except for some children's videos and old movies not available on DVD, I haven't bought anything on VHS in a couple of years at least.

I also have every episode on VHS and a few months ago i bought the 1st season on DVD and i am hoping debbie buys me the second season for christmas *wink* *nudge* :P

I have the first 2 seasons on DVD and am buying the 3rd season this up and coming week..I also had a lot of those episodes on VHS that I had taped off of the TV..But now that I have the DVDs I won't be watching them again..

DVD is definitely preferable. I borrowed my uncle's entire collection of TOS VHS tapes, and as he recorded them many years ago (probably before I was born, 1990), and they are terrible quality. Luckily, Mom told me Grandma is getting me all three seasons of TOS on DVD for Christmas. :P

One thing is for sure I want to get the first season of TOS, but it is very expesive but i hope to get it in the future.

I have a good deal of them that I recorded myself, but they remain lost in my garage... :eek: which is admittedly similar to a messy Indiana Jones lockup ! . Some are some with the preface by different stars; special editions:) But the set is incomplete and many times I went out of the room , leaving it on pause , frantically returning to find that the show had resumed in my absence . This was all to avoid commercials..which I should have allowed to run and edit out later. Popcorn is an evil master that calls to you, knowing full well that you will wait until that last pop, which notoriously pops through the Captain's log!!!! It can't be an accident...it is a calculated evil deed that popcorn pulls on us all!! :dude:

I have put out wishes all over the place for the TOS DVD sets; so maybe someone somewhere will grant them :dude: If not.... since it seems that everyone is about to unload their VHS sets, this opens the possibility of acquiring one of those at a fair price! :P Some of the differing quality adds to the quaintness; subspace interference, you know :wow:

But....then, I'll have to begin calling off work to watch them... Ah yes, "I was bitten by a Mogutu and I have this terrible fever..."

" I have a neural parasite...I'm dealing with the pain , and you most certainly wouldn't want it...!". :wow:

lol- Well, in any form, the stories are well worth having; whatever way...:lol:

Heron

Edited by Heron

I recorded the entire TOS series on VHS like three years ago :dude: I would loooove the dvd collections, but they cost big bucks, and besides we only have a dvd player on our pc so I couldn't watch em unless it was on the pc, so I'm pretty happy w/ my vhs

Unfortunately most of my VHS TV recordings are years old and getting worn out.

Just recently I've been acquiring episodes on DVD.

Currently just Amok Time, Mirror Mirror and Changeling.

Hope to get more for Christmas! :unsure:

Edited by TC1

I have the first season on DVD. I think one of the advantages is that you can watch the movies while on the comp if you don't have a tv nearby.

Most of my ST collection are on VHS which is VOY, thanks to the video shop's sale and i got 15 of them for $1.00 each.

I am slowley building my TNG on DVD the quality is way better then VHS

For all of Trek, I only have Nemesis, and it's on DVD. My mother has the first 6 movies on VHS. Personally, I'd rather have DVD. There's so much more you can do... Slow-mo (in more than one speed), fast-play, zooming in... There's a lot of things you can do with DVD that you can't do with VHS. Not to mention the fast-forwarding to a specific scene with just the press of a button, rather than waiting for the tape to get there...

I have the first season on DVD. I think one of the advantages is that you can watch the movies while on the comp if you don't have a tv nearby.

291022[/snapback]

Yep this is true :elephant: !

Hey, lucky you, JGG!

My gift was actually DVDs of the first season of Columbo, which I love as well... so that's fine :wow:

Looks like I might get a set of the VHS tapes for my birthday, though ; I'm on the lookout and , once again, remain hopeful ! :huh: :assimilated:

Heron

I have all the movies on DVD. Some of them are disappointed in the special features. The new DVD on the TOS are very good.

Well, I only have a few of the episodes recorded on VHS. This includes the first showing of The Cage (shown on Fox back in the late-eighties). Well, I still have some DS9 and Voyager recordings that I have not even watched yet.

I've got the first two seasons of the Original Trek, Season 5-7 Ds9, the Picard collection and the first seven movies on special collections dvd. I have vhs copies of the movies, but they're sitting in a basement some where.

Yeah I want buy all them. I just shock :jem'hadar: $99. and Wal-Mart $97? I am not sure. I dont have any money for that. When I am excite buy Enterprise. OH NO not same TOS dvds LOL! Dont worry. I can buy they anytime! :batman:

^^^ Welcome to the boards and happy belated birthday! ^^^

And not to worry, I'm sure they will always be available when ya get enough money saved up. :jem'hadar:

I have an entire set of the Sci-Fi channels presentation of Star Trek: The Special Edition (not the Nimoy hosted version unfortunately) on Home Recording and all three DVD Season sets. I also have a few store bought episodes on VHS including the Cage hosted by Gene Rod. laying around.

^^^Hey that's GREAT ! :elephant:

I just heard not to long ago TAS that was supposed to be released on 3/15/05 turned out to be a rumor.

Guess we have to wait a little bit longer. :elephant: