Sign in to follow this  
Admiral Kirk

T'Pol's rank

I was wondering is T'Pol really in Star Fleet or is her position a brevet or honarary position and doesn't go beyond the NX-O1?. She still wears the same clothes except that she has Star Fleet rank insignia and branch colors. Of course more than likely tptb of production want her to keep wearing the skin tight unforms instead of the SF uniforms for added FX.... I'm not going into what this does for the assertions that Spock was the first Vulcan in the fleet. Opinions?

I guess if you wanted to be absolutely technical. Spock was the first Vulcan in the Federation Starfleet. While T'pol is just in Earth Starfleet.

:laugh:

I believe that Starfleet is honoring her previous Vulcan service and her service aboard Enterprise in giving her rank. I am however unsure as to whether or not her rank would go beyond Enterprise. Also, I would say that her not wearing a uniform would have to do with her not having gone through the same training required to be a part of starfleet.

I think we're supposed to suspend logic regarding the bodysuit. T'Pol was offered a commission by Star Fleet - that means she's a commissioned officer and would have the same rank off of Enterprise.

The reason she doesn't wear a uniform was alluded to by Admiral Kirk. This is where we're supposed to suspend our logic. Unfortunately some of us know, if you're offered a commission into any service - you wear the uniform. Officers in our own military can go through a military academy or they can attend another university and go through officer candidate training and receive a commission. They still wear the same uniform.

Was Spock the first Vulcan to attend Star Fleet Academy? At least they haven't changed that.

Okay, when was Star Fleet Academy founded?

Okay, when was Star Fleet Academy founded?

287235[/snapback]

2161, right when the federation was formed. Of Course Starfleet before that may have had some other kind of academy/training.