Sign in to follow this  
TransporterMalfunction

Pulaski v Crusher

But looking at how much Crusher has aged since the TNG was on the air, I would assume Pulaski is even older looking.

True, Diana Muldaur is 10 years older than Gates McFadden. She would be about 65 now.

But looking at how much Crusher has aged since the TNG was on the air, I would assume Pulaski is even older looking.

True, Diana Muldaur is 10 years older than Gates McFadden. She would be about 65 now.

How old was Bones in the movies? He had to have been more than 65, at least by Star Trek VI.

How old was Bones in the movies? He had to have been more than 65, at least by Star Trek VI.

Deforest Kelley was born in 1920 and STVI was released in 1991 so he would have been at least 70 during filming.

It may cool to have both of them in a movie.The addition of the holographic doctor from Voyager would be cool too. :unsure:

I cant stand Polaski. I like the fact that she ruffled feathers and all, but there were characters that came along that did this better, like Ro. Bev did the same things a few times like between her and Picard when she bought Hugh on board in I, Borg. Polaski was a royal beeyotch. And she was sort of prejudice towards Data. I think they were trying to make her a female Bones. Never liked her.

If you're comparing Pulanski/Data to McCoy/Spock, I'd have to disagree. McCoy pretended to be ANNOYED with Spock, but I don't think he was ever PREDJUDICED against him...and I like McCoy, don't compare him to...her.

(He was 70 in the movies??? Just to clarify - were you talking about McCoy or DeForrest Kelly?)

If you're comparing Pulanski/Data to McCoy/Spock, I'd have to disagree. McCoy pretended to be ANNOYED with Spock, but I don't think he was ever PREDJUDICED against him...and I like McCoy, don't compare him to...her.

(He was 70 in the movies??? Just to clarify - were you talking about McCoy or DeForrest Kelly?)

Deforest Kelley was born in 1920.

I think given the chance Kate Pulaski could have been a much better character than Beverly Crusher. It is hard to compare them in that we had only one season with Kate. I didn't like her at first because of her treatment of Data but I agree with Lessa in that she would have really pushed Data's development more than Bev did.

I still don't understand how Bev became such an expert on Data. In one episode 11001001 she was going to meet with some cybernetist (sp?) but as Data said in Data's Day he rarely was in need of Dr. Crusher's services.

Maybe she's just interested ni cybernetics, and knows the basics.

I have a split personality on Pulanski - I guess it just depends on my mood how much I like her. I don't actually hate any of the characters (with the exception of The Doctor, Neelix, and Troi, and even they had there moments...AND I'm sure that the list of people that I "hate" will have changed in roughly 6 minutes)

I wouldn't say the Pulanski/Data was the same as McCoy/Spock but I can definatly see that it was what they were trying to do. I just don't think they pulled it off as well.

As far as Crusher being an expert on Data, my guess is she studied!

I personally dont think that McCoy was ever prejudiced against Spock either, it was just a little banter.

It was howlz how they treated each other....

Like my god,, and they never took any of it seriously..

If TOS didn;t have them.. then it owuldn;t hacve been funny..

~Lauren

I personally dont think that McCoy was ever prejudiced against Spock either, it was just a little banter.

It was howlz how they treated each other....

Like my god,, and they never took any of it seriously..

If TOS didn;t have them.. then it owuldn;t hacve been funny..

~Lauren

I didn't watch much of TOS, but from what I did see, you are right!

My vote is for Crusher. I really like the chemestry between her and Picard.

My sister is here and says to put her down for Crusher too cause she brought Wesley into the univerce.(she practicly had a shrine to him in her room. :unsure: )

The fact that she brought Westley into the world does not sit well with me. He always annoyed me. Bev was ok, but she did not have much of a personality. There was really nothing special about her. Kate was memorable. A pain in the butt at times, but still she made you think.

The fact that she brought Westley into the world does not sit well with me. He always annoyed me. Bev was ok, but she did not have much of a personality. There was really nothing special about her. Kate was memorable. A pain in the butt at times, but still she made you think.

Ha-Ha, count me in as another person who was annoyed with Wesley. My sister named one of our cats that, and very quickly we changed his name when she realized how annoying the "boy genius" was!! (We ended up calling the cat Boo!)

Funny how so many dislike Wesley when he was such a special character to Gene Roddenberry. Wesley did annoy me at times but I thought Wil Weaton was good. It's too bad he took so much abuse personally because of the dislike for Wesley.

Wesley and Wil were two entirely different people, fiction or not. . .so to abuse Wil for Wesley, that is not fair. He didn't have a say on what the writers wrote!

Ok personaly I havn't seen a lot of the 2nd season because Bev is my fav char. I think that if the writers tried they COULD have done more with Bev and she could have challenged Data in a different way then insulting him. No offence to any one but I always gag at the mention of Pulaski... she just bugs me... so all hail Bev!! :lol:

Wesley and Wil were two entirely different people, fiction or not. . .so to abuse Wil for Wesley, that is not fair. He didn't have a say on what the writers wrote!

Exactly what I was thinking. amen yillara!

I just finished watching season 3 of TNG. It had been a while since I had seen TNG and I had forgotten how much I really like Crusher. I wouldn't say that she's whiny or lacking personality at all. She's very serious but she has a soft side. In some ways I think she has more depth than a lot of Star Trek characters, I just wish they had spent more time exploring her. Also has anyone ever noticed what a great smile she has? :lol:

Well, I liked her enough, and I think she was very interesting and certainly original...but, i still think she was whiny at times, especially when she was trying to convince Picard of...well, anything.

I liked her humanity, though. and I thought that, in some ways, she was more of the "strong woman" type than Tahsa.

Well, I liked her enough, and I think she was very interesting and certainly original...but, i still think she was whiny at times, especially when she was trying to convince Picard of...well, anything.

Like in Symbiosis tonight. Throw the Prime Directive out the window without caring about the consequences. Sure she could have helped the people on the one planet but what about the other planet all of a sudden being thrown into chaos. This way they will be able to start preparing themselves for the day when the transports no longer run and they have to fend for themselves.

(Cute note: When I was a little kid I thought chaos was spelled kaos because of the tv program Get Smart. Ok you can raise the cone of silence now.)

well, that episode is a perfect example of her whinyness (ok, you know what, I love all, ar at least most trek characters, so when I complani, it's for the sake of it, not because I actually don't like them. K, now back to bashing) - it was: but picard, they're addicted! We can't just let them live on like this!

I started this thread over at startrek.com and the majority wanted Crusher. Though I think both had merit and we just didnt have enough time for Pulaski to really grow on us.