Sign in to follow this  
Captain Jean-Luc Picard

Can the Enterprise-E saucer separate?

Since the Captains Yacht separated from the ship I suppose it should be feasible that the Saucer section from Enterprise-E might also be able to do the same thing the way Enterprise-D did before.

B) B) B) B)

Good question i had never really thought about that till now,i suppose it should be able to since it has been standard since ENT D.

According to the March 2003 issue of Star Trek: Magazine the designer worked out a way for the Enterprise-E to separate, even though it wasn't in the script.

It's sort of like the Captain's Yaght on the Enterprise-D, never shown, but it's there. So yeah, I think it can.

Edited by ussacclaim

If you read the blueprints of the ship it shows it can. And as for the D... I would have loved to seen the inside of the C.Y.

The blue prints would make it appear possible, but why wouldn't they then have used that in First Contact to keep the Borg from assimilated the rest of the ship? That would be my only objection.

The main computer core being on the Saucer Section the borg might have an easyer shoot at craking the code, by the time they notice the first plane couldn't work it was to late to separate, the borg could have fused the Saucer and Stardrive Sections together, after the attack the area could have been fused together from the attack it self, the blast from the cube, or the temperal shock wave... it could be a number of things!

The main computer core being on the Saucer Section the borg might have an easyer shoot at craking the code, by the time they notice the first plane couldn't work it was to late to separate, the borg could have fused the Saucer and Stardrive Sections together, after the attack the area could have been fused together from the attack it self, the blast from the cube, or the temperal shock wave... it could be a number of things!

287319[/snapback]

I hadn't thought of it that way before =D

And I should think that it'd separate. That was one of the most amazing features on the Enterprise-D, and I doubt they'd get rid of it.

Uh...I don't want to sound like a real jag-bag but, capt_picard did you just take something the wrong way about the saucer seperation or do you always use that size of font. Your response to my post just came across very angry about something.

I read somewhere that the Enterprise-A's saucer section could seperate, as well as all subsequent Enterprises. So yes, the Enterprise-E should have a seperable saucer section.

Sorry about my font looking like that of a mad man... when I'm mad I type in red and I never type in red.

it can ive seen blueprints too

but y isnt it in script

but if it couldve y didnt it separate in star trek nemesis

b4 it hit the schemitar but it is a mystery i guess

I dont think Voyager could separate, could it? The Enterprise E sorta followed that design lineage of having no section (or neck) connecting the saucer to the stardrive section. However, that doesnt preclude the E from having the ability to separate, and just because it has never been referred to on secreen, we cannot say that it cannot. I suppose it all depends on what we ourselves would prefer to think. I myself would be happy to see the E with this capability. The E has no children involved, and that is one of the main reasons for having the saucer separation ability in the first place - to provide a means of evacuation to safety on mas. Howvere, the Prometheus in Voyager had the ability to separate due to tactical reasons - the multi vector assault mode. And one section of that ship had tiny little warp nacelles tucked away underside. It would have been cool if the saucer section of the E had've had these somewhere, but they're not on the blueprints. Maybe a Sovereign class ship will show up n a future Trek production - with Enterprise anything is possible. It would be good to see a ship like that again...

Any thoughts of the Titan showing up on Enterprise through a time rift or something?

K

I read somewhere that the Enterprise-A's saucer section could seperate, as well as all subsequent Enterprises. So yes, the Enterprise-E should have a seperable saucer section.

287375[/snapback]

You're sorta right, a very early version of Star Trek: TMP had the Enterprise's saucer seperate to fight the Klingons, it only exists as storyboard material. I'm guessing this is carry over from TOS episode "The Apple" where Kirk ordered Scotty to be ready to seperate the saucer. About the Enterprise-E seperating, the saucer actually does have two small impulse engines on it, on the back left and right corners of it. Another topic here, when it crashed into the Scimitar, Picard wanted it to be a surprise to Shinzon, seperating would have taken too long. Also, having the whole ship crash into the Scimitar would force more weight into it, damaging it more. What I don't get in Generations was why they didn't just eject the warp core instead of seperating, but I guess that's another topic all together :waaaa:.

What I don't get in Generations was why they didn't just eject the warp core instead of seperating, but I guess that's another topic all together :waaaa:.

295761[/snapback]

Maybe that's because they were unable to eject the core every time they tried it in TNG. Every time. :nono:

On to other comments, however, maybe the Borg had already assimilated parts of the different sections so separating the ship wouldn't have made any difference. Even if they hadn't, do you really think the saucer section would have stood a chance against the battle section? Besides, the Borg would have already been familiar with separations from Best of Both Worlds.

But you know what would be the best way to complete the separation? Go to high warp, release the holding clamps, and put on the brakes. Wheeeeeeeeeee! B)

I could of Sworn in 1st Contact or Insurrection that somebody asked why this new Enterprise did not have the ability to seperate the saucer

I would assume not...

The resources it would cost to Extra-reinforce that area is mre than they would probably spend for that.

Also, the Enterprise-D was Galaxy class, it seperated because it had familys on board, and they had to be able to send the familys to safety during battles.

The Prometheus class can seperat into 5 peices in combat, allowing for many strategies that you can't get with one or two or sometimes even three starships.